What was the last book that made you go "Wow"?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: What was the last book that made you go "Wow"?
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #25
I've gotta say the book that really do that is John Dies At The End). It has only just began pre-ordering for the actual book but an online copy can be found here.

Also, first post in like 6 months. Might have to start posting here occasionally if I can find the time. I'm freaking losing it and figure at least here I'm no more insane than anyone else.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #26
quote:
Originally written by Kingy:

I've gotta say the book that really do that is John Dies At The End). It has only just began pre-ordering for the actual book but an online copy can be found here.

Also, first post in like 6 months. Might have to start posting here occasionally if I can find the time. I'm freaking losing it and figure at least here I'm no more insane than anyone else.

Less "Wow" and more "Eeek" and "Ewww", personally.

--------------------
The Noble and Most Ancient Order of Polaris - We're Not Yet Dead.
EncyclopediaArchivesStatsRSS (This Topic / Forum) • BlogNaNoWriMo
Did-chat thentagoespyet jumund fori is jus, hat onlime gly nertan ne gethen Firyoubbit 'obio.'
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #27
I just realised some of the terrible english in my post when I read that quote. Anyway, I was really absorbed into it all, I really love David Wongs writting. Does "Eeek" and "Ewww" mean you didnt like it at all or just got squeamish during it?

[ Wednesday, August 15, 2007 04:37: Message edited by: Kingy ]
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #28
I haven't read any good fiction in a long time. Or, well, I have, but it's been so long when I last went "WOW!" that I can't even remember that occasion. Truly imaginative literature is starting to be hard to find.

--------------------
Life is a neverending carneval where everyone has multiple costumes. I just hope mine are pleasing to the eye.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #29
quote:

Does "Eeek" and "Ewww" mean you didnt like it at all or just got squeamish during it?
I put it away and was stunned, and I read the rest of the chapters when they were put up, so I guess I liked it. Doesn't mean I was able to sleep in the weeks afterward, though. :P

--------------------
Did-chat thentagoespyet jumund fori is jus, hat onlime gly nertan ne gethen Firyoubbit 'obio.'
Apprentice
Member # 9245
Profile #30
I don't remember the title of the last book I read. I do remember that it was you nicothodes that let me borrow it. You remember the one about Skeeve the magician and Ahhz the pervect. That was a really good book and I thank you for letting me borrow it.

-------------------------------------------------
Duct tape is all powerful and will one day rule the world.
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #31
Now that I think of it, there were some really influential books in my life. They were Episode 1: Attack of the Noobs, Episode 2: Return of the Spiderwebbers, and Episode 3: A New Game, all by a Dikiyoba. I really suggest you read these life changing texts now.

--------------------
i dont ned noo steenking signachur.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #32
Except that they aren't books. Scripts, yes; books, no.

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaWitch HuntWhere the Rivers MeetFoul Hordes
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #33
I was obviously joking. I thought that the "life changing text" bit would tip everyone off. Apparently not.

--------------------
i dont ned noo steenking signachur.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #34
quote:
Originally written by root:

I put it away and was stunned, and I read the rest of the chapters when they were put up, so I guess I liked it. Doesn't mean I was able to sleep in the weeks afterward, though. :P
Haha yea it is good. Have you (and for that matter anyone else who has read it[which I strongly suggest you do]) read the second one? It was still really funny with John antics but it was about 1/4 the length. Still, it's definitely something you should read if you enjoyed the first.
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #35
quote:
Originally written by Nicholiah:

I don't remember the title of the last book I read. I do remember that it was you nicothodes that let me borrow it. You remember the one about Skeeve the magician and Ahhz the pervect. That was a really good book and I thank you for letting me borrow it.

Duct tape is all powerful and will one day rule the world.

That's the first in the Myth-ing books.

--------------------
Do not underestimate the power of the mechanical pencil.

Join the Dark side. We have cookies.

"Sanity" available at
http://cdbaby.com/cd/arianamorrow
and
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=257479700

"Hey, Patrick, feel this random pipe. It's squishy"-Nils
Warrior
Member # 4638
Profile #36
"The Simplest Path" - I think some will find it to be a Wow.

"The Truth About Muhammad" - Who doesn't like to debunk major world religions.

And for something on the lighter side - "The Wind Up Bird Chronicles" - A vivid self-absorbed trip.

By the way, I noticed Iffy is "Canned." Does it mean what I think? I'll let you guess what I think.

--------------------
You are asleep.
Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be.
So it goes.
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #37
I'm only four chapters into it, but Captivating by John and Stasi Eldredge has made me say 'Wow' more then once already.

--------------------
Forever Always on Past the End

TrueSite for Blades - Blades Walkthroughs
Pixle Profusion - BoE Graphics Archive
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #38
quote:

quote:
Originally written by root:

Haha yea it is good. Have you (and for that matter anyone else who has read it[which I strongly suggest you do]) read the second one? It was still really funny with John antics but it was about 1/4 the length. Still, it's definitely something you should read if you enjoyed the first.

I started on the sequel. Before I get much further into it though, I would like a spoiler - does Amy die?

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #39
The "Khai of Khem". Incredibly gory. Wonderful book. It's probably at the library.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.

Pages