Legends of Divinity IC 2

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Legends of Divinity IC 2
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #25
In the darkness, there is light. In the light, there is hope. And in hope, we shall remain comforted, knowing that good shall triumph over evil, and that all unjust shall reap their dues. And when no hope remains, we shall still be comforted, for in darkness, there is always light.
- Perian, Monk of the Brotherhood of Light.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Avin slowly sat up. He had no idea where he was, or how much time had passed. All he knew was that he was in some sort of dark room. He wondered if this was the afterlife. He had always been curious about it, but did not desire to end up here so soon. The walls were dark, with a small torch providing just enough light to see. He was sitting on the ground, which was made of earth. It was also completely lifeless; no grass or foliage of any kind adorned the ground. Just the occasional rock to break the monotony. A small bed was pressed against the opposing wall, and a table to his left held a few meager supplies. Avin attempted to stand, only to fall back to the ground in pain. The wounds he had received were still present, though they had healed considerably. He started doubting that he was in the afterlife. But that posed the question: where was he? It certainly wasn’t Kirwood… was it?

As he pondered his surroundings, a previously unnoticed door opened, and someone stepped through. His heart sank at the sight of the visitor; it was the white-haired woman, the same one whom he had fought with days earlier in Kirwood. She wordlessly brought in a pail of water and dropped it near him, then sat down on the bed and watched him carefully. He looked hesitantly at the water; he wanted to drink it, but didn’t trust the woman’s intentions. At that moment, the woman finally spoke with a cold, calculated demeanor. "It’s not poisoned. If I wanted to kill you, I wouldn’t have brought you here." Avin was still mistrustful, but it made more sense than pretty much anything else about his predicament. He took a few sips of the water, then returned his attention to her and asked, "Where is here?"

The woman seemed to debate whether or not to give him an answer. Eventually, she answered, "A city in Trantite. What’s left of it, anyway."

"It was destroyed?" Avin asked, somewhat aghast and yet too weary to really care. The woman nodded, but didn’t make a verbal reply. Avin decided to press for more answers. "Why are you trying to keep me alive now? I thought you wanted me dead."

The woman again seemed to debate with herself. This time, she erred on the side of caution. "Perhaps I’ll tell you. But not now. I have something else to do. In the meantime, I suggest you rest. You’re only just alive, and if you don’t want that to change for the worst, you’ll need to conserve your energy." With that, the woman left the hut. Avin slumped back onto the ground. He briefly wondered if his tribe was all right, but he could tell that expending himself much could cost him dearly. He stared up at the roof, thoroughly confused. It was like the whole world was slowly going insane.

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaWitch HuntWhere the Rivers MeetFoul Hordes
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #26
Vertan was heading down a country road and slowed down to a more human speed as he passed up some travelers on some pilgrimage. Vertan was still pondering what to do when he got to the Domain of Gertac (the name of the god he heard earlier). He knew a couple of people their. However with no organization and his powers yet undeveloped he would be starting from scratch.

What Vertan failed to notice is their was a monk initiate among the pilgrims who recognized him as a demon but was smart enough to keep his mouth shut till he could get help.

That evening when the pilgrims rent out a local inn the monk initiate went to his order and alerted them. His order then alerted their warrior counterparts as well as the town itself. By morning a small army lead by a couple of paladins and several knights and fortified by monks was out to kill a demon.

--------------------
A rock has weight whether you admit it or not
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #27
After several hours of study, Sara began to figure out some of the secrets behind the reconstruction of Joth. The force behind the effect was apparently divine in origin and far greater than any she could muster. Upon this realization, Sara just sighed and returned to her fortress to work on trying to find an alternative way to speed up the repairs to Kirkwood.

On her way back, Sara noticed a strange woman with green hair playing with a butterfly in the distance. Sara quickly ducked into a nearby ally. "That must the infamous Yumi I've heard about," Sara thought to herself, "She's pretty tough and one of the most annoying people in the multi-verse. It could be advantageous for my cause to have her on my side, but I seriously doubt I could put up with something that sickeningly cheerful. I'd better find an alternative way to get back that won't draw her attention to me..."

With some quick thinking, Sara drew upon her power to conjure up a butterfly to distract Yumi with. Distract Yumi with the creation butterfly and casually walk by was the plan. With expert timing and precision, Sara set it in motion. At first, it seemed like all was going well and Sara had escaped attention, but that was short-lived. Within mere moments, Yumi noticed Sara and approached her. "Heya, I'm Yumi," Yumi said with a smile on her face. "I really don't care," Sara said with some agitation in her voice, "Go play with some children or something."

Yumi grabbed her large sword, which was stuck in the ground nearby. The ease with which Yumi wielded the blade concerned Sara somewhat, but not much. "Oh goody, you can carry around a giant chunk of metal, good for you," Sara said antagonistically, "Too bad you've got the IQ of a grain of sand, but I suppose I'll humor..." Before Sara could finish her statement, Yumi had already started swinging.

--------------------
In the game of chess you can never let your adversary see your pieces.

One day, a man has everything. Then the next day, he blows up a billion dollar space station. And then the next day, he has nothing. Makes you think, huh, Kif?

We don't know who they are or where they come from, but we do know that they stand for everything we don't stand for. Also, I heard they said you guys look like dorks.

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

You're a brave robot, son. But when I'm in command every mission's a suicide mission.

I am the man with no name, Zapp Brannigan!
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #28
OoC: Something quick, just to get me back and slightly active. :rolleyes:

IC:

Sliros could sense things changing, and again, the god felt as if everything was moving at a pace too quick for him. He turned to Ashataro. "And you found his trail?"

The other deity shrugged, though somewhat reluctantly. "Nothing that could trace him... just—"

Sliros cut him off. "Then it is of no importance. I no longer sense his presence, which means he is either elsewhere or incapacitated. The others will hunt him down, as they are bound to do. And when they have cornered him, I will strike and eliminate him."

A rumble emanated from nearby, and a large chunk of stone rose from the ground. "Now if you'll excuse me," Sliros muttered, stepping lightly onto it, "I need to return this to Joth. You are welcome to return as well, but I can sense that you desire that which I cannot provide, at least not yet."

--------------------
TM: "I want BoA to grow. Evolve where the food ladder has rungs to be reached."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #29
Ironically, only a few hundred yards away from the temple Marras was skulking near the edges of the now-silent battlefield. Hah. Only eleven years, and my search is already complete! Patience truly pays off!, he thought while he crept towards the temple building. Then, suddenly, a growling sound stopped him.

"And just what the heck are you?", the voice asked. Slowly, Marras turned to see what or who was behind him. It didn't really please him. How come I didn't sense that... thing, he wondered, although the answer was obvious; Sliross was radiating such amounts of lifeforce that it totally drowned all, weaker signals. Almost unnerved, Marras stared at the steel dragon that had crept behind him. It shook its fiery mane and stretched its neck towards the death god; stench of burning iron drifted from behind its teeth (not that Marras could really notice).

"I'm, eh, a god of death. Pleased to meet you", Marras replied. Some of his strings that had still been occupied with collecting souls slithered to their master and wrapped themselves around his body. "And you are?"

"A god of war", The dragon replied, and breathed some hot smoke towards the bloodstained ragdoll it was facing. "Why are you here?"

"Um, doing my job, I suppose", Marras replied. He had noticed the dragon was carrying a huge stone hammer. It didn't really ease his position. Akward silence filled the air after his words. Even in the surrounding chaos, the situation had a certain, comical feel to it. My sense of humor is becoming as twisted as my rank in natural order, Marras wondered, before remembering that death was amongst the most common and ordinary events of the natural word. A cold breeze blew through the temple yard, causing the flames of the dragon's mane to flicker. Finally, probably because of boredom, the dragon broke the silence.

"I'm looking for an elder god", it muttered with an uncertain, but nonetheless imposing, tone, "Do you happen to be one?" Relieved, Marras shook his head. So you're after the same thing as me, eh?, he pondered before a change in the world around him alerted him.

"Nope... but one of them is", he replied and pointed his hand (which was slowly resuming its white color) towards the main temple building. Two figures had just floated out of it.

"Hey, over here!" Marras shouted, although he only managed to produce a faint hiss. The dragon, however, corrected this flaw, letting out a truly magnificent roar (accompanied by a small burst of flame). The floating figures noticed this, and started approaching the two, equally strange figures standing on the ground. Boldened by this, Marras began walking towards the landing gods, eager to salute them. He didn't pay much attention to the dragon, which was slowly withering away. Its stone weapon crumbled to pebbles and its mane and wings evaporated to the wind, leaving behind barely noticeable trails of smoke. Its steel scales dropped to the ground, leaving behind a short, exhausted warrior dressed in battered armor blackened by the fiery spells of the demonkind. What the heck is going on, Esekijah wondered as she eyed her surroundings...

--------------------
Life is a neverending carneval where everyone has multiple costumes. I just hope mine are pleasing to the eye.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #30
After several minutes of combat, it was clear that Yumi was too much for Sara to beat. No matter how hard Sara tried, she couldn't hit Yumi even once. Yumi, on the other hand, seemed to always hit Sara. With great effort, Sara swallowed her pride and conceded defeat. Yumi simply smiled and said, "That was fun. We should play together more often. It'll be great." "Sure, whatever," Sara said nervously as she walked off.

As Sara walked back to her fortress, she began thought about what just happened. Despite her best efforts she wasn't anywhere near as powerful as she expected to be by this point. "If an airhead like Yumi could beat me so easily, how is anyone going to take me seriously," Sara thought to herself, "More importantly, how can I take myself seriously... No. I can't doubt myself. I've worked too hard to give up now. I will do this. I just wish I knew how..."

--------------------
In the game of chess you can never let your adversary see your pieces.

One day, a man has everything. Then the next day, he blows up a billion dollar space station. And then the next day, he has nothing. Makes you think, huh, Kif?

We don't know who they are or where they come from, but we do know that they stand for everything we don't stand for. Also, I heard they said you guys look like dorks.

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

You're a brave robot, son. But when I'm in command every mission's a suicide mission.

I am the man with no name, Zapp Brannigan!
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #31
----somewhere in the deep pits of hell----
Xephel:Why have you summoned me Gate Keeper
Gate Keeper: I need someone their to monitor the situation and keep the plan in motion
Xephel: I assume you want me to rescue the merged one?
Gate Keeper: No our pieces are not in place yet. This is part of the plan and he will be free when the time is right. You just carry out these plans.

the gate keeper hands a parchment with a list of task too do and with a flick of his risk sends Xephel out of hell.

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #32
Seoth had been born over fifteen thousand years ago, under the watchful eyes of the complete original pantheon, in the comparatively tiny fledgling city that would become the Golden Republic. It had been established and was run by several religiously apathetic councilmen fleeing the brutal Land of the Rose. Other refugees had joined their pitiful jumble of shacks, to create the mid-sized walled city that currently existed. As such, every religion had more or less free rein. There was no established majority, and almost every deity (and a few dead ones) were represented. Seoth, who had originally been named Feahso Drok'tur, had been born to an influential mage, named Mesteln. He had been raised only by his father, his mother having mysteriously disappeared after one of his atheistic father's gods-debunking "sermons". His father had been a mediocre mage at best, but a member on the then-oligarchic city's council. He hadn't been very good at that, either.

Mesteln had alway been too preoccupied with politics or magecraft, and hadn't really known how to deal with children, so Seoth had been given, more or less, free rein. By the age of four, he had explored every nook and cranny of the small city, and knew most everyone in it. At the age of six, he had been brutally molested by a traveler and left armless in a back alley. His father had paid an expensive High Priest for complete healing, and had never mentioned it again. In Seoth's teenage years as a young warlock, he had tracked down the nameless traveler, one Nendo Feks, and magically tormented him for weeks on end.

He had followed in his father's footsteps, and then surpassed him in leaps and bounds, becoming the Head of Magery in the city, and one of the most feared members of the growing Council. After his father was slain by the God of Storms himself, and strangled with his own entrails, at Seoth's age of seventeen, Seoth had endeavored to become skilled with weapons as well, but had proved proficient only with a long, thin, bladed staff.

He met Callia in his mid-twenties, then a priestess in the growing Temple of Nenraset, the Patron of Physicians. He had become romantically involved with her throughout the next five years, and married her at the age of thirty. There were no children.

He passed his time slowly conquering the city until, in his early sixties, he held it in his absolute power. No less than fourteen assassination attempts failed on him. At this time, he devoted his time to better understanding (and conquering) the gods of the still-whole original pantheon. Holy Mother Callia was opposed to this, and tension grew between them.

He had brought the armies of his now-blooming city, along with all the priests and mages and peasants with pitchforks, along with him on his hunt for the God of Storms, who was known by no other name. Everyone except him and Callia died penetrating into the palace of the god, and Callia had been mortally wounded, saved only by a misfired healing spell. Seoth had faced the god alone. And he had triumphed, calling upon all the might of his power and all the training of his mind before slaying the monstrous god with his own bolt of true lightning.

Turning his back on the city he had ruled and the mortal life he had once held, he now took the name of Seoth, and ruled his domain with ferocity, unleashing storms upon every great empire, firing great monsoons into the heart of the desert, and drying the land for thousands of miles. There was a method to his madness. He was confident that he was the most powerful god, with the might of the heavens at his beck and call. He was wrong. The God of the Balance, also known by no other name beat him into submission and unconsciousness, leaving a battered and bloody god leaking ichor onto the floor of his ruined palace, before pausing before the last blow, smiling, and guiding Seoth's bladed staff into his own breast. Seoth knew now that it was on command from the Balance.

--------------------------------------------------

OOC:That's all for today.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #33
----------near the town of Halberth------------
Night had just fallen and a priest points at Vertan and says "There is the demon. Vertan slams his fist against the ground with all his might knocking everyone nearby to the ground. Vertan runs off a short distance and checks his sword "Still can't pull it out but curious it budged" Just then the knights, who were quick to react come crashing around him breaking his train of thought. The rest of the army follows but a fog comes in and some yells a blood curdling scream before being silenced.
----------Pantheon at Kirkwood--------------
A woman who looked very ill and was burning a high fever walked into the temple. She was also carrying a strange lantern. Her movements weren't quite right even for someone so ill but everyone around here assumed she wish to come seeks the help of the gods to cure her like so many others. However she approaches an alter in a long for gotten corner not know to many, the alter of Demons, she then pulled an obsidian black orb out of a her pocket and placed it on the alter.Then she starts faintly muttering something in a unknown language the orb levitates over the alter for a brief second then and comes to rest. The woman muttering the spell collapses to the floor dead. Briefly a dark figure leaps from the lantern to the alter and back to the later. A couple of seconds later the candle winks out.
-------Several miles away-----------
Xephel "That was close I knew Geltor's candle system would have been unstable but I didn't predict the demon orb being a booby trap going off. Who ever booby trapped it planned for it to go off during the battle but Geltor must have since something wrong with it. Explains why he didn't use it. At least its fixed now. Also the alter seemed drained of power so The God slayer has been chosen thats a relief" The Demon lord pulls out a parchment and checks of a few things. Then transforms into a bird he killed recently and flys off.
--------In the Jungles somewhere in south---------
A Coutal and his band of demons arrives in a primitive tribal village of some size. The shaman rushes out to great them and shows them to the alter. The shaman then orders some slaves be brought to the alter. When the slaves arrive the shaman, with the help of some aids, ties the slaves to the alter. The shaman mutters a brief incantation and the alter and slaves catch on fire. The fire burns for a few seconds before they arch of to Coutal and pour into him. After the ritual the essence of the slaves have been poured into the demons. The shaman then used magic to tell the shamans in other like minded villages to prepare for war, the had demons to feed.
-----------------OCC---------------------------
Note that Vertan doesn't know any magic yet.
The ill women was under control by Xephel via magic and the spell is very taxing on the victim and can only live for a few hours while under the spell.

Hope this is satisfactory

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #34
Something you don't understand, that you may never understand, is the kind of power, responsibility, and wisdom a god is supposed to wield! A true god can destroy a city or bestow immortality with a single thought! And here you tinker with the tricks of a simple magician! Huvortue, a word from a long-lost dialect, describes the time in a deity's reign where he takes full grasp of his powers and responsibilities perfectly. I suppose the word maturity is the closest equivalent in Khaln. You will hopefully understand in the future and reach this state of mind... Because even the strongest of gods would perish without it.

===================================================

"Ah, how I was wrong to not heed your words, Terik," sighed Avin. It had been four days since he awoke in that forsaken ruin in Trantite. His once-shattered powers had all but fully returned. However, something had changed; His mindset was different. For once, rather than staying sequestered in his own little corner of the world, he was attempting to look at the big picture. A painting full of blood, fire, and death. And he, along with the rest of the pantheon, were central to it all.

He needed answers. And there was one person who could give them to him.

He materialized back inside the hut. However, his captor/rescuer was nowhere to be found. A blue book which had all the letters on the cover worn off caught his attention, though. Oddly, he thought he saw that book in the bin he had been searching through back in Kirwood. He opened it to see what it contained. It was full of legends about the gods, and how good triumphed over evil. It contained battles between demons and warriors, gods banished from the world, and new deities rising to claim their own stakes on the world. It was an exciting read, but it seemed to hold no particular purpose, not until, after a couple hours, one passage near the back caught his eye. It read, "Of the greatest gods of all time, little has been heard of since their exploits. They seemed to have faded into anonymity, with only rumors of their activities reaching our ears. In fact, new gods seemed to have replaced most of the gods of old, leaving one to wonder why they disappeared, and whether it was there own doing or simply the whims of time." Avin finished the book and closed it. He wondered what message his captor was trying to send. Or was she merely toying with him? It was a possibility he couldn’t ignore. He tossed the book aside, and the door to the hut opened.

A mild wave of nausea rolled over Avin. For some reason, the woman's presence, or rather, her aura, had been making him ill. She had remained silent for the past days, so it came as a shock to him when she spoke. "I see you've read the material I left you."

"I did. But I fail to see the importance of it."

"There are some things I think need to be known by someone in a position of power to do something. I’ve started questioning my beliefs recently, and..." She fell silent for a moment, and Avin could definitely tell that something was bothering her. "I was ordered by my deity to kill you and destroy the Channeler you were building. He didn’t want someone to build a successful Channeler, because he was worried they could gain too much power. Power disproportionate to what they were. He was threatened. I agreed with him as well; I figured that anyone who wanted to build such a device was doing it out of pure greed for power, and were likely to abuse it. Until I saw you nearly sacrifice yourself for your tribe. You could have had them aid you in that fight with Geltor, but you instead did what was in their best interest. I realized that my deity was serving his own selfish scheme, and making sure that no one could stand in the way. Thus, I decided to use my power to take you somewhere safe."

Avin carefully mulled over her words. The last thing he wanted was another deity coming after him. "Who is your deity?"

"Someone with power, power that outstrips your own. But he holds little sway over me now and none soon enough."

With that, she left, leaving Avin with more questions than answers.

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaEl PresidenteWhere the Rivers MeetA Visit to the Madhouse
AvatarAphobiaIMAGINE THIS SCENARIO
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #35
...and Sliros decided that this thread was better off not being purged.

--------------------
TM: "I want BoA to grow. Evolve where the food ladder has rungs to be reached."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #36
"Makroangkeen is defiantly a very powerful god who has been corrupted by something unknown, regardless it is reputed that he keeps work on something called the god slayer or anti god. At first the gods assumed this was the demons but that translated to "defier of gods" this translated to "Slayer of gods" What ever this was, we are fortunate it will never be, with Makroankeen banished and Geltor and the remains of his army on the run, it will never get finished"- last tatter page from the book History of the Demon Wars, made shorty after the banishment of Makroangkeen
In Kirkwood a rune on the ground pulsed violently a few people in the area dropped dead as if their life force had been drained from them. A coupe of water sprites jumped out of a well and went wreck everything they could get a hold of. It was as if something was trying to break free. Then as suddenly as it started pulsing it stopped and the sprites became puddles. What ever the rune sealed it was able to hold at least for now.

On the road with Vertan, the fog had cleared to reveal several vampires one which looked extremly old and part demon. The mob was not prepared for such a fight at night, in a land not accustom to vampires, and the rapidly disintegrated. The vampires surrounded Vertan who was ferociously pulling on his sword trying to unsheathe it as the old one approached him.
Old demon vampire "Give me the sword and you will know mercy, Don't and you shall not"
Vertan " The god slayer was meant for and I shall not give it up"
Old demon Vampire "Coming from someone who can't unsheath it" With that she jumped at him with surprising speed. Soon Vertan was pinned to the ground with his sword laying 3 feet away from him. As the old demon vampire reached down to pick up the sword, the sun rose over a hill instanly vaproizeing all but the ancnceint vampire demon who was running for cover. She barley made it alive. When Vertan gets to feet he see his sword is missing with a pair of child's feet leading to a nearby village.

--------------------

Pages