The way of the gods: my music

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: The way of the gods: my music
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #0
After several months of not doing anything about it, I completed my first musical piece, of which I'm very proud and utterly satified with. Now I'm here to present it to you and hear from you what you think of it. beware though: unlike Nico's music, this piece, titled "The way of the gods", is 10:35 minutes long, and it's not built up of Apple loops (Don't take that the wrong way, Nico. It's just that I can only compare it to your music). The piece is a classical, orchestral piece.

I have put it up on my website for you to listen: http://thralni.ermarian.net/otherstuff/otherstuff.html#anchor373282

When you've listened to it, I would very much appreciate your opinion. I'm sorry that the sound quality isn't that great, but it's the best I could get. I'm currently looking around for software that will get me the best sounds: garritan personal Orchestra, but until I have that, this sound swill have to do. I also apologize for some hickups now and then: these are caused by Finale Allegro trying to make the mp3 file. It's got nothing to do with the actual composition.

And if you want to read the poetry I put there up too, you are more than welcome of course ;)

[ Friday, May 18, 2007 12:37: Message edited by: Thralni ]

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #1
Excellent job, Thralni! Nalyd is quite impressed. His computer isn't properly equipped to hear it properly, though.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #2
It could use more complex melody lines, more dynamic volume (especially enterances! make the brass melodies memorable!) and could benefit from use of cymbals.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #3
I love ridiculously long instumentals. I can appreciate its simplicity. Have you ever listened to Mortiis? His old stuff is similar, though a bit more medieval.

--------------------
You lose.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by Calphrexo:

It could use more complex melody lines, more dynamic volume (especially enterances! make the brass melodies memorable!) and could benefit from use of cymbals.
Sadly, I couldn't put in cymbals because I reached the staff limit, otherwise they would have been included for sure.

No, I did not hear of Mortiis. Where can I get some of his music?

Thanks, I'm glad to hear people like it :)

[ Friday, May 18, 2007 23:08: Message edited by: Thralni ]

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #5
Having listened to it a few times now, I've decided that it's solid, it's good, but it's not all that memorable, especially for something with such an ambitious title. I don't know what the limitations of your program is, but ten and a half minutes is a long time. In future pieces, mix it up a bit, as much as you can. Experiment more with tempo changes and dynamics. Make entrances and exits more dramatic. Right now it all runs together.

But still, it's good.

Dikiyoba.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by Thralni:

No, I did not hear of Mortiis. Where can I get some of his music?
Youtube? His stuff is certainly darker than yours, and it's probably those crazy viking horns that make his really memorable. I still think yours is fine in its own way, though.

--------------------
You lose.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #7
The title is something I decided on in the very last moment. I had this song I was crazy about and has just finished, but releasing it under the title "Still no idea 1", which I called it temporarily, wasn't going to work. So then I chose this title.

So, actually, the title hasn't really got anything to do with the music...

But I'm glad you like it.

Tullegolar: I'll look at it later, when I have time, but your naming of the horns has certainly made me curious.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #8
I like it. I admire people who are able to compose for entire orchestras. Winds, brass, and percussion are beyond me.

--------------------
Do not underestimate the power of the mechanical pencil.

Join the Dark side. We have cookies.

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

"Hey, Patrick, feel this random pipe. It's squishy"-Nils