Favorite game genres?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Favorite game genres?
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #25
quote:
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike. It is pitch-black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
I should have played this a long time ago.

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
La Canaliste
Member # 5563
Profile #26
quote:
Originally written by Dr. Johann Georg Faust:

quote:
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike. It is pitch-black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
I should have played this a long time ago.

You should enter a chat with Khoth.

--------------------
I am a mater of time and how .

Deep down, you know you should have voted for Alcritas!
Warrior
Member # 4537
Profile Homepage #27
I'll play anything, at least as far as genre goes. My least-played genre are probably sports games, which I'll usually only play if I know they're exceedingly, laughably bad, and survival-horror, because I don't like excessive gore. My most-played would have to be RPGs and platformer/exploration-type games, like Metroid, Castlevania, and even Sonic-style stuff, as well as Zelda.

--------------------
http://whyte-shadow-neko.deviantart.com - My drawings!
Waka Laka love and fantasy~
Apprentice
Member # 8596
Profile #28
Imban and I tend to play a good handful of games against each other. Here's some videos of them.

First match.
Second match.
Third match.
Fourth match.

The game in question is called Acceleration of Suguri X-Edition, and as you can see it's a fairly fast paced fighting/shooter game. Maybe I'll see about uploading some Higurashi Daybreak replays next.

--------------------
ni~pah
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #29
I mainly play FPSs and action-RPGs, though I've been know to try an RTS or traditional cRPG. Also, the action-adventure genre had me hooked, historically, though I haven't played a good one recently.

:eek: I'm posting?

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #30
I'm a pretty casual RPG player, but when I do I like JRPGs. Games like Pokemon and Fire Emblem are awesome (although I haven't yet played a FF, and don't intend to). I like their predictable but variable combat, which as it happens shares similarities with the Geneforge style when on Torment.

Other genres include FPS and Beat-Em-Up, although I haven't played either in a while. I also used to like RTSes, but I haven't bought or felt compelled to buy a new one in a while. If I could get my hands on Warcraft III: Frozen Throne, though, I would play it.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Apprentice
Member # 3428
Profile Homepage #31
I've always liked RPGs... the more detailed the art and story, the better [Albion was one of my favorites, as well as the ultima series (7 and under), wizardry 7 was fun, as were a lot of the Might & Magic games.] I've always liked the adventure games, thought those seem to be on a downsurge. [The Kings Quest series was fun, and one of my all time favorite games "Inherit the Earth" is in that style.] From time to time I enjoy a shooter or squad based strategy game [<3 X-Com Series.] I'm also a frequent MUD/MUCK user.

--------------------
HIHI!!!! *hugs indescriminantly* take that, FEEL THE LOVE!!!!
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #32
Genres??
I play RPG, MMORPG, CRPG, Crash Bandicoot like games(Platforms games?) , and RTS..I never really liked FPS..they make me dizzy for no apparent reason..oh yeah, tactical games like Final Fantasy Tactics(does anyone even know this game?)..there..oh yeah..i dont play sports games..I live them

--------------------
Oh you're a cute Adze-Haakai you are..
Apprentice
Member # 8722
Profile #33
Space Combat Simulater, hands down. Freespace 2 would have been the best game ever made had it not been for the hanging ending and no hope of the storyline ever finishing. Second is Age of Empires 2, closely followed by Knights of the Old Republic and Exile 3: Ruined World.

--------------------
"Time line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!" Michael J. Caboose
Lifecrafter
Member # 991
Profile #34
Imban's Cat-Eared Maid, I decided to try downloading that game being it looked similar to psychic force (a game i enjoyed many years ago). It looks as though you can play over lan/net, however I'm not sure how to accomplish either. How do you do this?

Thanks for any help.

EDIT: In case there is any confusion, I'm talking about acceleration of suguri.

[ Tuesday, May 15, 2007 14:24: Message edited by: Drezin ]

Pages