ChronoTrigger questions

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: ChronoTrigger questions
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #0
(says rudely) Answer these.
Edit -I am such an idiot! I forgot the Epoch music!

[ Friday, April 13, 2007 06:38: Message edited by: Infernal Flamming Muffin ]

Poll Information
This poll contains 4 question(s). 22 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=KtaxFoAffHHV"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=KtaxFoAffHHV"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)

--------------------
I can transform into almost anything, though not sanity.
Muffins n' Hell. Note that revisions of the first part is down the list.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #1
You left off a lot of music, actually.

The ending theme, "To Far Away Times", is easily, easily my favorite piece of video game music ever.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #2
I put what I remembered.
Besides, you could choose all of the music things if you wanted to. It was to choose from that list, and I didn't want to include all of the music, that would be too much.

--------------------
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #3
I vaguely remember Chrono Trigger having a good soundtrack but I don't remember any specific songs from it any more.

Maybe I should go grab a .SPC of the ending or something.
Warrior
Member # 5310
Profile #4
The good old days when I had free time in ample supply. I played CT through again and again.
And a bunch of other pointless games.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #5
Magus = Coolest character in the game.

--------------------
"I don't understand a word you just said. Try speaking American. It's the only language I understand."
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #6
Magus may be "cool".
But the best team is Crono-Ayla-Frog.

--------------------
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #7
Crono, Ayla, and... Frog?

It's hard to imagine a best team that doesn't include Robo, given how broken he is. Frog, on the other hand, doesn't have any good magic and doesn't have a strong physical tech like Crono and Ayla. He has a decent regular attack but it requires using up his Accessory slot. He doesn't have good doubles or triples in that group either. I guess he's better than Marle, but really, why Frog?

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #8
I went with Crono, Magus, and Marle(I think that was her name...). I had the best of everything I needed. Martial Skill, Death Magic, and Healing

--------------------
"I don't understand a word you just said. Try speaking American. It's the only language I understand."
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #9
Crono, Ayla, and Robo for the win. Crono and Ayla for that "firebird"-like attack, Robo for cure beam.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #10
Luminaire and Dark Matter are than enough to kill most of what you take on in the game.

The only drawback to Magus was that he didn't have that many people he could Triple Tech with(and didn't Double tech with anyone), however, the 2 he could do were great. Dark Eternal(Magus, Lucca, and Marle) and Omega Flare(Magus, Lucca, and Robo) were pretty freakin' sweat(even though I hardly ever used double or triple techs out of a lack of necessity).

--------------------
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #11
The difficulty comes when you're trying to take Lavos out easily. Falcon Hit (as I've now determined the double tech is called) pretty much will hit all of Lavos' components, and you're still left with Robo to heal everyone if needed. Luminaire is great, but it costs a fair amount to use, and as I recollect, didn't cause as much damage. Also, use of triple techs limits the ability to heal right away, at least as far as I recollect - it's been a while.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #12
Falcon Hit was definitely one of the game's best values and was useful in tons of situations. Beast Toss (Ayla + Robo) goes in that category as well. Actually, I think it's the single most damaging physical attack in the game.

Luminaire is actually the most powerful tech in the game; it just doesn't seem like it because of Crono's unimpressive magic stat. It's parallel to Cure Beam, actually, which is brokenly good if you give all your Magic Tabs to Robo.

The other broken thing about Robo is, of course, the Crisis Arm. Though it takes some effort to set up, if Robo has 999 max HP, it's quite easy to use effectively. If anyone's hurt, Robo casts Cure Beam and heals everyone to max. If not, he Uzzi Punches for twice the damage you'll ever get out of Confuse or Triple Kick. Of course, he can also cast Shock at any time, which is actually the second strongest tech in the game, after Luminaire.

Triple Techs suck, almost exclusively. Even with equal speeds you tend to waste a small fraction of somebody's speed gauge, as Drew mentioned it makes timing healing harder, but -- worst of all -- you can almost always do more damage with three single techs. There's an excellent FAQ explaining this here. (e.g., DarkEternal does 125% the damage of Ice 2, Fire 2, and Dark Matter; this will always be worse than Antipode 3 + Dark Matter.)

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #13
Am I the only one here who found those items that lowered MP cost?!

With those, MP usage isn't a problem anymore....

--------------------
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #14
You are supposed to equip Crono with the prism specs.

At least, if you have any sanity.
That combined with the rainbow lets him do around 1500 damage at critical (which is likely to happen with the rainbow). And then, lumanair will do over 3000 damage usually.

--------------------
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #15
Muffin's right. The Hairpins are great for random monsters, but against bosses, you are wasting an accessory slot. The Prism Specs give a RIDICULOUS bonus to ALL damage, a +50% bonus I believe. There are some other great accessories as well, like the 80% counter rate one and the berserk effect one.

But more to the point, CT hands you a truly absurd number of Exilirs and Megalixirs. And you can BUY HyperEthers.

--------------------