LOST

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: LOST
Warrior
Member # 4537
Profile Homepage #25
quote:
Originally written by King of Kokomo:

I don't see why companies don't just release goods to all countries all at once. It would be way more fair that way. that way I wouldn't have to wait for new video games! :rolleyes: good idea, me!

EDIT: to make my first sentence actually make sense.

I was talking with Thuryl about this a while ago, and he said companies usually wait so they can retool advertising campaigns in case they don't do well, especially in another region with the same language. This seems like a reasonable explanation.

--------------------
http://whyte-shadow-neko.deviantart.com - My drawings!
Waka Laka love and fantasy~
Warrior
Member # 311
Profile #26
quote:
I was talking with Thuryl about this a while ago, and he said companies usually wait so they can retool advertising campaigns in case they don't do well, especially in another region with the same language. This seems like a reasonable explanation.

Ya, I figured it probably had to do with somethign like that. Very reasonable explanation...still, I'd rather not wait 4 months longer than people in Japan to get a videogame or something. oh well :P

--------------------
I stand at the gates of hell and hand out brochures.
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #27
First, I was thrilled with Lost. I thought that it could become something great. I watched trough the first season, then the second one and... became extremely bored.

The problem with the series is that it sparks more and more questions every episode, but takes awful lot of time to answer even one of them. In the end of the second season, there were still things from the first one that were bugging me. If the third one continues on those lines, so that I still don't get what happend during the first when it ends, I'm very likely to stop wasting my time with it.

Some of my fellows say that you have too see every episode to stay along. In retrospect, I can safely say that I could have watched only every other episode and hadn't lost anything. The series should seriously pick up some pace.

[ Friday, March 30, 2007 02:24: Message edited by: Frozen Feet ]

--------------------
I have nothing more to do in this world, so I can go & pester the inhabitants of the next one with a pure concscience.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #28
Pff, Lost. Rome is where the money is. Or, now that Rome is over for now, invest heavily in Tudors.

--------------------
You lose.
Apprentice
Member # 8406
Profile #29
meh.

[ Friday, March 30, 2007 06:04: Message edited by: Sss-Chah ]
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #30
quote:
Originally written by Emperor Tullegolar:

Pff, Lost. Rome is where the money is. Or, now that Rome is over for now, invest heavily in Tudors.
Tudors is quite good. I agree.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #31
Don't you have to pay to get Showtime?. I heard good things about Tudors; it's supposed to be hilarious.

Edit: Forget it, I just found out that you can watch the first two episodes online. *heads over to watch them*

[ Friday, March 30, 2007 17:19: Message edited by: M. ]
Warrior
Member # 311
Profile #32
I still wanna know what the "monsters" are from the first season. Like, the ball of gas...what is it?! And the loud noises people were hearing. geez, they should have explained those by know. If somehow anyone knows, dont tell me, I'll just be more patient than any person should be asked to be and just watch the show and wait. even though it might take another season to explain season 1. oh, and that big foot statue at the end of season 1. gaaaahhhhh! my head is going to explode...

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #33
Don't let it vex you. The show is a victim of its own success. I don't think the writers even have the answers either, because they appeared to be making it all up as they went. I thought initially Lost was some sort of cool mini-series. I don't think they expected to make it more than one season and probably had a basic arc and wrap-up in mind for the story.

When it took off, they scrambled to make it into an endlessly ongoing story, which no longer has a coherent arc or purpose. It seems much like the X-Files in this regard. It strings you along endlessly. You wind up feeling cheated if you invest in caring to expect that it is all going to go somewhere or give you any real answers by the time they pull the plug.

Again, the series is aptly named. It might have made a terrific miniseries.

-S-

--------------------
A4 Item Locations A4 Singleton G4 Items List G4 Forging List The Insidious Infiltrator
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #34
Woteva. It's cool. I don't have time to invest in thinking about all the various unknowns in the show. Its' just fun!

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Warrior
Member # 3457
Profile #35
I've watched half an episode... Got bored never watched it again

--------------------
Life is an ever flowing steam that is constantly going over bumps and falls. Things change and so does the stream we call life. Life goes on and so does the stream!
Warrior
Member # 311
Profile #36
quote:
I don't think the writers even have the answers either, because they appeared to be making it all up as they went.
Actually, I heard they have every inch of the show planned out and have an ending all ready to go...if they ever need it...dun dun dun!

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #37
quote:
Originally written by Synergy:

When it took off, they scrambled to make it into an endlessly ongoing story, which no longer has a coherent arc or purpose. It seems much like the X-Files in this regard.
It will probably end like X-Files as well, with 95% of the big mysteries still left unexplained even when it's all over.

--------------------
You lose.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #38
I think Babylon 5 was one of the few rare multi-season TV series that actually was plotted out before it even began taping.

-S-

--------------------
A4 Item Locations A4 Singleton G4 Items List G4 Forging List The Insidious Infiltrator
Warrior
Member # 311
Profile #39
I hope Lost doesn't end up like The X-Files. It would be tragic, to say the least...well, to me. :P

[ Saturday, March 31, 2007 19:14: Message edited by: King of Kokomo ]

--------------------
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #40
See what happens when you have five-hundred channels. I'm content with seven.

--------------------
WWJD?

Pages