Nethergate...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Nethergate...
Apprentice
Member # 4511
Profile Homepage #0
So, Spiderweb Software has mentioned that they'll be doing a rewrite of Nethergate.. Do you think they'll apply the geneforge engine to the game? Or do you think they'll try to update their nethergate/avernum engine? I'm honestly hoping for the latter, for the sake of variety(that and I prefer using my keyboard to control my characters vs. the mouse).

--------------------
Vercalos al'Corlin
The Wanderer
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
I'm not sure which engine it will use. Jeff has said before that it will be the same, but then he implied that it would be a new engine. If it isn't the original engine it will probably be the A4 (or A5) engine rather than Geneforge's because Nethergate is more similar mechanically to Avernum than Geneforge.

—Alorael, who also prefers moving with a keyboard and therefore thinks that A4 added a very important change. Clicking on yourself and losing your turn isn't a problem if you don't click at all.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 4511
Profile Homepage #2
I actually preferred the graphics of Avernum 3 over Avernum 4..

--------------------
Vercalos al'Corlin
The Wanderer
Apprentice
Member # 7887
Profile #3
I pray to God he doesn't do to Nethergate what he did to Exile. The lack of a ToSF in Avernum 3 completely ruined the Golem mission for me.

EDIT: Also, this belongs in the Nethergate forum.

[ Sunday, February 11, 2007 18:08: Message edited by: Projec][ion ]
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #4
Tyranicus is about the only one that still posts in the Nethergate Forum.

Jeff said he would use the old Nethergate engine and mostly update it to the new operating systems. There are also supposed to be a new dungeon for each side to explore so we have something new to look forward to this time.
Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #5
That's going in my sig. :P

--------------------
"Tyranicus is about the only one that still posts in the Nethergate Forum." —Randomizer
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #6
I think I'll keep it here in General. As a sort of nod in the general direction (agh, pun) of the rules and a token Spidweb-related topic.

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #7
Tyranicus is most certainly not the only one who posts in Nethergate. It's just not an especially chatty part of the boards.

—Alorael, who is reminded that there hasn't been a good X vs. Y thread for a long time. Maybe it's time for that to be done Nethergate-style. Fomorians vs. gryphons? Wild hunt vs. sidhe? Maybe just the traditional Celts with crystal wands vs. Romans with machine guns.
Apprentice
Member # 4511
Profile Homepage #8
Wow. I wasn't aware that posting in the wrong board was that serious an infraction. Sorry.

--------------------
Vercalos al'Corlin
The Wanderer
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #9
It isn't; it's just that conversations get derailed fast around here.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #10
To be fair, that "here" is all of Spiderweb, not just General.

—Alorael, who can see how a thread titled "Nethergate" might belong with the rest of Nethergate. On the other hand, everyone needs to be made aware of the existence of Nethergate as often as possible and General gets more eyeballs.
Warrior
Member # 5389
Profile #11
I would hope that he uses something similar to the A3 engine; the A4 and BoA games were buggy on my computer.

Other than that, I don't care that much, unless I'm getting a free copy for owning the original version.

--------------------
Reports of my demise are extremely accurate. And I AM the clone
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #12
Originally it was supposed to be a major discount if you have the original Nethergate. I think then the new version is to be $10.