A Rememberance of Things Past

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: A Rememberance of Things Past
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #50
Slarty, that page was pure undiluted awesomeness. That, or everything seems more funny when I'm tired. (Shrugs.) Either way...

--------------------
This Hour Has 22 Minutes is a satirical examination of daily events. Some viewers may not share this sense of humour.

Warning! To France! If you don't go to war now, you won't be able to surrender later.
- This Hour Has 22 Minutes Opening
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #51
Heh. Well, PCs certainly multiplied into a large and somewhat diverse family, whereas Apple didn't really produce any offspring. Plus, the Apple logo used to be rainbow-colored. So.

If we extend the metaphor, Unix could represent polyamory.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #52
quote:
Originally written by dareva:

You know, I always did mean to ask what you did for that number, but I was afraid the answer might ruin my innocence forever.
*chortles*

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 3220
Profile #53
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

quote:
Originally written by dareva:

You know, I always did mean to ask what you did for that number, but I was afraid the answer might ruin my innocence forever.
*chortles*

Well, you wouldn't know anything about that, would you?
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #54
I know nothing. Especially about ruining innocence. IMAGE(http://www.homeofpoi.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ubbangel.gif)

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 3220
Profile #55
quote:

I know nothing. Especially about ruining innocence. IMAGE(http://www.homeofpoi.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ubbangel.gif)
That was my point, wasn't it?

The Apple logo is no longer rainbow-colored? Wha? Well, the last time I used a Mac was an old Performa in 2001, so it makes sense that I wouldn't know that, or process that I'd seen it, considering I've been using this Windows critter for a while now.

And running around helping relatives with their computers. "What's spyware? Should I be worried about that? Hey, I can't open my Excel files. Can you play games on this thing?" Ah, well, at least they pay me.
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #56
quote:
Originally written by Spent Salmon:

Is this why people that own Apples do own them? And why the rest of us don't? Could it simply be that part of society prefers to have aesthetically pleasing tools, and the rest don't? Maybe some sociology grad student could set up a research project to discern if the functional tools in an Apple home are of one type, and the PC home owns a different type.
I think some people do prefer aesthetically appealing tools, and it's not limited just to macs. Sony has pretty much carved out a nitch for its VAIO line of laptops, despite being more expensive yet not substantively different from its homelier competition. The aesthetic component of cell phones, pdas, and MP3 players also seem to be big selling points - how else do you explain the craze over the Motorola Razr, despite the fact that it's widely acknowledged to suck? Finally, consider the automobile. For most people, it functions as a tool used to get you from A to B. Nevertheless, its appearance seems to matter quite a bit.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #57
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

Originally by Sarasaphilia:

quote:
...older Spiderwebbers...MagmaDragoon or Mr. Bookworm...
For some reason, that's hilarious.

People leave for lots of reasons: they become too busy in RL to post here, they get bored and move on, they get banned, they get abducted by aliens, and so on.

Dikiyoba.

I was about to say that.

Then again, it always amused TM and Alec when people called me an oldbie after I'd hardly been here a year. :P

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #58
quote:
Originally written by : The Sorcerer
Hey, that used to be my screen name. :P

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #59
quote:
Plagaristically written by Spent Salmon:
Even if they offer something, it won't be original.
And we come full circle.

--------------------
quote:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #60
The Sorceror! Heh. Now that makes me think of a two-bit NPC from Arcana, a not quite terrible SNES RPG.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #61
i always liked Arcana.

--------------------
"Tyranicus is about the only one that still posts in the Nethergate Forum." —Randomizer
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.

Pages