SS Forums ratios

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: SS Forums ratios
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #50
quote:
Originally written by Eyestar:

It's just bethause we English speakers have no idea how to thonjugate. Onthe thonjugation makes sense the rest is easy.

—Alorael, who invites everyone to try to try out the Spanish lisp in English. It's muthh harder than you might think to lisp your th's and th's but not your S's. And then you have to figure out whether or not you should be paralythed by Amerithan English or paralysed in British English.

Fixed your typos. :P

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #51
Er, he was referring to the Spanish "lisp" — really a more conservative pronunciation — that turns only CI and CE to TH sounds, not CA or some other combination of C with something else.

Because "bethause" is just an abomination.

In other news, I just recently heard that in Southern Spain the H is still pronounced, and it is in fact distinct from the J. The H is like the English H, but the J is like the German CH, so the pronunciation of "hijo" is apparently hilarious. I have yet to check up on this, but the idea amuses me.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #52
I wath jutht making a joke about it. I wathn't making a theriouth attempt at a thpanith or englith lithp.

Wow. That was harder than I thought.

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #53
I have no trouble with a real lisp. Getting the Spanish semi-lisp is hard for me, though, "espethially" in words with both S and C/Z.

[Edit: I am writing in English, not Spanish. Use English words, not Spanish words.]

—Alorael, who is amused by the plethora of extremely divergent Spanish accents. He once met a well-traveled man (Italian, of all things) with an amazing facility for picking up accents. He could switch from Spanish to Argentines to Mexican accents in a single sentence to hilarious effect.

[ Tuesday, November 21, 2006 13:03: Message edited by: Brind ]
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 5483
Profile #54
Speaking a second language often can cause accents in your first. For example, in Spanish, e is pronounced like the a in cake causing my Spanish teacher to order a paper steak at a restaurant. :D By the way, I actually meant to include pc or mac in the poll, but that's another thing I managed to screw up. :(

--------------------
Ignorance Is bliss -Cypher (Matrix)
Don't think you can; know you can -Morpheus (Matrix)

sanity is overrated :)
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #55
Actually, it may be good fortune that you didn't include a Mac/PC question. That's one of the most potent accelerants you can find on the Spiderweb Forums.

--------------------

Pages