Spiderweb Music

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Spiderweb Music
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #25
Exile 1 had a single chord followed by a monster's I-saw-you "rar".

Exile 2 has a short harp-effect sequence followed by swords clashing.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #26
Well, rar is no theme music.

But I have to confess that that I think of that sound now whenever I open a .rar archive... >_<

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #27
quote:
Originally written by Emperor Tullegolar:

I think we can begin to form a theory here. Nethergate is a community favorite, and its music seems to be the most popular. Avernnum 2 is generally a close second, and its music is very popular as well. Could it be that people base their opinion on which game is the best on the music?
If anything, I'd say it's more likely to be the other way around. True story: market researchers find that cola tastes better if you're told it's Coca-Cola than if you're told it's a generic brand.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #28
Yes, I think people are letting their affection for the game Avernum 2 blind them to the fact that the intro theme is rubbish.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #29
I voted for Geneforge 2, bu tI also liked the opening music for Nethergate, which, as has been noted already, you forgot.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #30
Geneforge II. A bit apocaliptic, though.

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Infiltrator
Member # 5132
Profile Homepage #31
I'll say Avernum 4, although I never actually downloaded the game. I only heard it from Tyran's site (as with some of the others listed below.)

As for the other music, I liked the two Exiles background game music, and the first three Avernums are about the same. (A1's music seems cut short so it would be intro music, it should have been a full song. ;) ). Exile 3's was alright. Not a huge fan of Geneforge or Nethergate's music. The Blades games' music are probably the worst.

In truth, though, the real best music in anything SW-related is one of the four "unnamed" themes in SubTerra. Since there's no way to tell them apart, I guess you'll never know which one I'm talking about. :P

[ Saturday, October 21, 2006 06:00: Message edited by: BainIhrno ]

--------------------
"Let us see what the new day brings." - Temas, Areni.

Visit my realm!

Rate My Scenarios!
Fort Emerald Robbery
The Nephils' Defense
The Final Spire
The Fifth Tower of Magi
The Portal
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #32
Originally by Emperor Tullegolar:

quote:
Could it be that people base their opinion on which game is the best on the music?
Or maybe we remember the intro music to our favorite games better because we play the game more often?

Dikiyoba.
Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #33
This may be at least partly true. Everyone knows Nethergate is my favorite of the games, but I think its intro truly is good. My second choice would be Geneforge 2 though, and I do not like any game in the Geneforge series, so there goes that theory. :P

[ Saturday, October 21, 2006 06:12: Message edited by: Tyranicus. ]

--------------------
"Tyranicus is about the only one that still posts in the Nethergate Forum." —Randomizer
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #34
And I like the Avernum 4 theme. There goes your theory, again.

But seriously, Avernum 3 is my favorite game, and Avernum 2 comes in third or so. Still, the intro theme of Avernum 2 is awesome. If whoever produced it made a piece of a few minutes based on the theme, it would be one of my favorite music pieces.

---

Exile I's Bach fugue would win, but it's not an intro theme.

[ Saturday, October 21, 2006 08:33: Message edited by: Robert Daniel Oliver ]

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.

Pages