NWN

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: NWN
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #0
Does anyone here play NWN online? Have you ever played at atomic chicken the arena server? My screen name is 4@ for arena play.

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #1
I don't think I've ever played on that particular server, but I'll keep a lookout for you. I go by Ignatius Tyranicus on NwN.

--------------------
"Tyranicus is about the only one that still posts in the Nethergate Forum." —Randomizer
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #2
I used to play, but the firewall here at school blocks it. I'm to lazy to get around it though.
When I am on, I go by Sleynddyn.

Is anyone excited for NWN 2?

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Infiltrator
Member # 2836
Profile #3
What's NWN?
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #4
Never-winter nights, I presume.

--------------------
I have nothing more to do in this world, so I can go & pester the inhabitants of the next one with a pure concscience.
Infiltrator
Member # 2836
Profile #5
Never heard of it.
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #6
North West North -- follow the map.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #7
I've been getting back into it recently, but only for single-player modules. Is it worth playing in arenas? It seems to me as though it would be a munchkinfest.
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #8
I reinstalled NWN recently, but only for single-player. My experiences online were nothing to write home about.

And I'm not really looking forward to NWN2, it just hasn't caught my attention. If they speed combat up (as opposed to sluggish pace of NWN1), I might be interested.

I'd really like to see a KotoR3, with module-like capabilites.

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #9
Yea, the combat was a bit slow. But it will probably be the only game I buy when it frist comes out. My expectations are pretty high and I hope NWN2 lives up to them.

The only thing I don't like so far is the absence of the Shifter class.

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #10
quote:
Originally written by demonslay3r:

rward to NWN2, it just hasn't caught my attention. If they speed combat up (as opposed to sluggish pace of NWN1), I might be interested.
The speed of the combat is based off D&D.

--------------------
"Tyranicus is about the only one that still posts in the Nethergate Forum." —Randomizer
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #11
Baldur's Gate got it right. Just because the pencil and paper version says a round takes one minute doesn't mean it should in real-time. I say half second rounds for NWN2!

—Alorael, who never really got into NWN in the first place. He just failed hugely to be impressed by the game. Yes, this is the same as the common BoE complaint, except he doesn't really like the NWN engine much either.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #12
There's still no reason for me to wait 10 seconds for the next round. Look at KotoR... combat is much faster and more exciting.

That's based off D&D, too.

Clarifying Statement: While I appreciate the attempt to stay true to D&D rules, I find it hard to remain patient while all these creatures take their turns at sluggish paces. The AI should be quick enough to make a decision and get it over with, without the standing around. Perhaps it is a nitpicky ideal of mine.

[ Thursday, September 21, 2006 08:57: Message edited by: demonslay3r ]

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #13
quote:
Originally written by Alorael:

Baldur's Gate got it right. Just because the pencil and paper version says a round takes one minute doesn't mean it should in real-time. I say half second rounds for NWN2!
When I played Baldur's Gate, I played it in a tunr-based style, actually. The game lets you change the settings to pause after each round.

--------------------
Spiderweb Chat Room
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #14
If you're character is a high level monk, combat seems to go very quickly, owing to the five attacks per round. When you have one attack with a low probability of successfully hitting the enemy, it seems interminable. That's low level D&D for you, though. I think it's pretty inevitable when implementing that system in a cRPG, unless you seriously nerf the encounters.