I think

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: I think
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #50
Unfortunately for me, Peasantvision means I can only watch the CBC, which means I get to choose between Canadian content and BBC. It's either Doctor Who or Coronation Street...

(Places a vote for hockey.)

By Drew:
quote:
I think the most boring sport on television is golf. Also up there, as much as I enjoy the sport, would be televised coverage of rowing (usually only to be seen during Olympic coverage).
Have you ever watched televised darts? Still, darts could become interesting to watch: blindfolded darts, darts while drunk... my personal favourite is scraping the dartboard altogether: have the contestants throw at each other! While drunk and blindfolded!

--------------------
IF I EVER BECOME AN EVIL OVERLORD:
If I appoint someone as my consort, I will not subsequently inform her that she is being replaced by a younger, more attractive woman.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #51
I'm gonna have to call you on the darts bit, because (whether or not you realize it) you are wrong. The whole WSOP craze on ESPN has created THE MOST BORING SHOW ON EARTH.

Televised poker from the age when there was no camera showing the audience the hole cards. It was almost like you were playing, except that you wanted to shoot yourself because you weren't.

Try to beat that one...

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #52
I still can't believe that people actually watch the World Series of Poker/Darts...

And since I missed most of the Dr. Who debate, I definitely think that the older series were better. It was just good to see it come back (heck, I missed all but two episodes last season due to not having a tv, and having a life).

(And I also agree that baseball is better live than on TV)

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #53
With poker and the best players in the world, 80% of the key of winning is luck.

--------------------
-ben4808
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #54
quote:
Originally written by Sturg:

With poker and the best players in the world, 80% of the key of winning is luck.
That 20% edge makes a huge difference in the long run, though. There's a reason why the same people get into the finals every year.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #55
I think that four times is the most that Jeff has ever posted in a General thread (barring his own, possibly).

I'm not much of a Sci-fi show fan, but make Stephen Donaldson's Gap Series a TV show, and I'll watch it. :P

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Infiltrator
Member # 5410
Profile #56
quote:
Baseball is possibly the most boring sport on TV.

Golf = paint drying

--------------------
"Dikiyoba ... is demon ... drives people mad and ... do all sorts of strange things."

"You Spiderwebbians are mad, mad, mad as March hares."
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #57
Baseball is considered boring because of the small ratio between actual game playing and the total game length. I guess any game where you aren't a fanatic will qualify. Some people hate soccer because of the low scoring. *"I watched a whole game and nobody scored"*
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #58
Make Stephen R. Donaldson books into movies and you would either end up with something significantly different or something significantly worse. In fact, you're likely to end up with both.

—Alorael, who can see a decent life for the Gap series as an action flick. Not the most noble of uses, perhaps, but it would sell well. There are also less savory potentials that need not be examined closely.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #59
Come to think of it... good sci-fi? Anybody else enjoy Blake's 7 and/or Red Dwarf?

Yet another example supporting the inversely-proportional relationship between SFX budget and overall quality.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
BANNED
Member # 6762
Profile #60
quote:
Originally written by 2bit:

quote:
Baseball is possibly the most boring sport on TV.

Golf = paint drying

But Tiger Woods = hair dryer. ;)

EDIT: This is ben too, by the way. *sigh*

[ Friday, September 08, 2006 16:23: Message edited by: Small Fry ]

--------------------
Don't be a noob, PLAY RUNESCAPE
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #61
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:
Yet another example supporting the inversely-proportional relationship between SFX budget and overall quality.

Budget has nothing to do with it. If the writing isn't good then SFX (special effects) will only get you so far. Ask the people that hated the recent Star Wars movies.

Quark while it was only on one season had some great writing and parodies of other sci-fi shows. You could see the money was never spent on sets or SFX.

It also had a great exchange in a Star Wars parody.

"Is the source dangerous?"
"Only if he's on your side."

Pages