Search feature

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Search feature
Infiltrator
Member # 5132
Profile Homepage #0
I know it isn't a big deal, but I've been trying to use the search feature, but it looks like it's bugged. I'd type a member number in, for example, and it wouldn't return any results, despite that I know they've posted in that forum. Can someone please explain? Thanks.

--------------------
"Let us see what the new day brings." - Temas, Areni.

Visit my realm!

Rate My Scenarios!
Fort Emerald Robbery
The Nephils' Defense
The Final Spire
The Fifth Tower of Magi
The Portal
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #1
Huh. So I'm not the only one to have issues with it. At first, I thought it might have been a symptom of TM's undead thread crash like the recent posts bug (and therefore it would eventually fix itself), but now that I think about it, I had difficulty with it before that happened.

Dikiyoba thinks that it needs to be fixed, or we won't able to grumble at newbs about using the search feature to answer commonly asked questions.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #2
quote:
In the day and hour of the moon with sun in scorpio prepare thou a waxen tablet and enscribe thereon the seals of Cthulhu and Dagon; suffumigate with the incense of Zkauba and set aside.

On Hallowmas eve thou must travel to some lonely place where high ground overlooks the ocean. Take up the tablet in thy right hand and make of the sign of Kish with thy left. Recite the incantation thrice and when the final word of the third utterance dieth in the air cast thou the tablet into the waves saying:

'In His House at R'lyeh Dead Cthulhu waits dreaming, yet He shall rise and His kingdom shall cover the Earth.'

And He shall come unto you in sleep and show His sign with which ye shall unlock the secrets of the UBB forum.
Anyway, the search function can't return deleted topics, and it sometimes has some trouble finding anything at all. Make sure the member number is correct. If all else fails, try Google and search for some text the topic contained - most of this forum is regularly crawled.

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Infiltrator
Member # 8
Profile #3
UBB more like Utter Bull Bollocks

--------------------
"Names is for tombstones, baby." -Mr. Big
Posts: 699 | Registered: Thursday, September 20 2001 07:00
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #4
Blame WKS for destroying member post histories.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #5
I've noticed that too. The search engine won't give me any results no matter what I search.

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

Dikiyoba thinks that it needs to be fixed, or we won't able to grumble at newbs about using the search feature to answer commonly asked questions.
We will still be able to grumble - it just won't be as fair as it is now. We all have our vices... don't take newb-baiting from us!

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

*Name by Slarty, so blame him if it's filthy...