Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Posts
Warrior
Member # 7195
Profile #0
Well, an idea just struck my mind.
I was looking a little how many post are in a certain topic, saw that some have a rather large amount and so, and i wondered - is there any record of how many posts per topic was the maximum number and so on.

Nothing special, just being curious and, i guess, having too much time, there being holidays and all ... :D

--------------------
I don't care what you say, I'm punk and Hardcore all the way!
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #1
Aran should know the answer. He is the Archivist. :)

I think that the RPs have a lot of pages and posts.

And you should ask TM. He always try to make the longest Topic, if I remember right.

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #2
quote:
Originally written by MagmaDragoon:

I think that the RPs have a lot of pages and posts.
Well, they've just got a lot of volume. They can't get to too many posts/pages though, as we've just learned with Mountain of Shadows...

quote:
And you should ask TM. He always try to make the longest Topic, if I remember right.
TM just happens to have the longest running topic. I don't think he has multiple threads attempting that feat. And if I've heard correctly, the longest thread ever was either the legendary Xian Skull thread, or the vague "What are you listening to" type of thread, which Imban reportedly terminated at post 1001.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
The longest thread that I've seen (going back to May 2003) was the one that Ephesos mentioned, "What music (if any) are you listening to...." With 1001 posts, it reached the 41st page. TM's names topic is very nearly there.

There have been rumors of longer threads, but I think that none have been verified. However, the longest-surviving thread is this one, and I'm pretty sure it is the longest-surviving thread ever.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #4
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

There have been rumors of longer threads, but I think that none have been verified. However, the longest-surviving thread is this one, and I'm pretty sure it is the longest-surviving thread ever.
What? Poor Man's Starbound? It just has 4 pages...
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #5
Look at the date on the starting post.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #6
Four pages, but five years.

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #7
The longest topic I have seen is 1446 pages with 86742 replies. This is on a different forum of course.

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Warrior
Member # 7195
Profile #8
Wow, i see there's a lot of interresting history here, in just a few years.

About the topic on music everyone listens to - hya, i believe that would be one of the longest topics everywhere, at least after the 19th century, where if you didn't listen to classic you could listen to classic, classic or even classic - although i even heard there were some crazy dudes who listen to classic, could you believe that ... :)

Andraste: hehe, i believe your topic would meet the conditions to hold a referendum about seperating and becoming an independant forum, don't you think so? ;)

--------------------
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #9
I think they are trying to get 100,110 posts or something like that.

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Warrior
Member # 7195
Profile #10
Oh yeah, the qualified majority i see ... :D

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #11
quote:
Originally written by Anarhiztok:

About the topic on music everyone listens to - hya, i believe that would be one of the longest topics everywhere, at least after the 19th century, where if you didn't listen to classic you could listen to classic, classic or even classic - although i even heard there were some crazy dudes who listen to classic, could you believe that ... :)
If you think all music was the same before 1800, I invite you to actually listen to music written before 1800. And maybe look up some of the unfriendly musical feuds, too.

—Alorael, who believes many of today's most famous classical composers were considered worthless hacks making music for the stupid counterculture youngsters in their days.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 7195
Profile #12
quote:
Originally written by The Endless Wait for 300:

quote:
Originally written by Anarhiztok:

If you think all music was the same before 1800, I invite you to actually listen to music written before 1800. And maybe look up some of the unfriendly musical feuds, too.

—Alorael, who believes many of today's most famous classical composers were considered worthless hacks making music for the stupid counterculture youngsters in their days.

Well, i wasn't saying that classical music is crap or anything ...
I even like a lot of classical music - ok, i confess, i like it even better in a punk or (hard)rock version, but i most enjoy the "classical" versions as well.
By my post i was merely making a joke, for from today's view, as far as i know, all of then's music, EVEN THOUGH, AS I AGREE WITH YOU, UNJUSTLY, is cathegorised as classical music.
Please enlighten me if i am wrong about this, cause music and history are two fields that i enjoy learning about a lot!!!

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #13
Hmmm... looks like Aran had a nice little chart on that topic, detailing the longest-running topics.

(Evil thought.)

(Evil grin.)

(Evil click.)

--------------------
I think I just had an evilgasm.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #14
I think TM already considered crashing the boards with his longest thread or at least he mentioned it and got a lock warning. We already saw with the Mountain of Shadows RP how the board treats large volume threads.

Maybe Aran will address this since the monthly post statistics should come up soon.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #15
quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:

I think TM already considered crashing the boards with his longest thread or at least he mentioned it and got a lock warning. We already saw with the Mountain of Shadows RP how the board treats large volume threads.
Who posted the entire Aeneid to crash the boards? I heard about it once, and I want to say it was either Djur or Alec... and Alec came close when he posted the Communist Manifesto, I imagine.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #16
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

Who posted the entire Aeneid to crash the boards? I heard about it once, and I want to say it was either Djur or Alec... and Alec came close when he posted the Communist Manifesto, I imagine.
You'd be wrong; it was Andrew Miller, and he double-posted it. He didn't intend it to crash the boards, though.

[ Tuesday, July 18, 2006 23:38: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!