Deathmatch topics need loving too

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Deathmatch topics need loving too
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #25
TM: Do you mean your Lite Brite? As amusing as the picture of you with a Rainbow Brite doll is...

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #26
Disambiguation:

IMAGE(http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8c/LiteBrite.jpg)

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #27
IMAGE(http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:U3H6ZdU9vDgJ:www.rainbowbrite.net/museum/rainbow_brite.jpg)

--------------------
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #28
quote:
Originally written by 1 v. One:

IMAGE(http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:U3H6ZdU9vDgJ:www.rainbowbrite.net/museum/rainbow_brite.jpg)
So cute. ;_;

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #29
DEATHMATCH ONE, ROUND THREE
1. Kefka destroyed half the world. GWB will destroy the whole thing.
2. Rentar. She already controlled Garzahd in A4.

DEATHMATCH TWO, ROUND ONE
1. I definitely Thuryl could mash Mr. Potato Head
2. Ms. Pac-Man has Pac-Man, whom she later married. Marlenny has a boyfriend that she's never even met. This round goes to Ms. Pac-Man. :P
3. I think Kel could take Malcolm on most levels, but Malcolm would probably come up with some sneaky plan.
4. Rainbow Brite appears underage, so I think Alec would fall victim to her charms. :P
5. Chomsky. Slip Limbaugh some pills, and down he goes.
6. Chun Li. I can't stand Bjork. :mad:
7. Ayla. She's totally hot. :wink:
8. Hargon. I hate the PowerPuff girls.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #30
quote:
1. Kefka vs. George W. Bush
As good as you might claim Bush is at destroying the world, Kefka's so far done far, far better. Kefka.

quote:
2. Garzahd vs. Rentar-Ihrno
Rentar gets the fanboy vote. No one wants the fanboy vote. Garzahd.

quote:
1. Thuryl vs. Mr. Potato Head
Mr. Potato Head is inanimate. Thuryl at least has a human avatar, which could assumedly destroy an inanimate toy. Thuryl.

quote:
2. Marlenny vs. Ms. Pac-Man
It takes ghosts to scare Ms. Pac-Man, and even those can be thwarted by power pills. Sorry, Marlenny, but you probably made a tasty snack. Ms. Pac-Man.

quote:
3. Kelandon vs. Malcolm (in the Middle)
Kelandon could probably beat up most Spidwebbers could probably beat up Malcom. Kelandon.

quote:
4. Alec vs. Rainbow Brite
I can't really see Alec losing to a magical girl with a hideous outfit. Alec.

quote:
5. Noam Chomsky vs. Rush Limbaugh
No certain opinion here, but Chomsky seems the more likely choice.

quote:
6. Chun Li vs. Bjork
Haven't you ever played Street Fighter II? In one of the bonus stages, Chun Li utterly destroys a car rather quickly. A tank would just be a boss fight or something.

quote:
7. Shadow vs. Ayla
Not only is Ayla more useful, what with her Slurp Kiss combo with Frog, Shadow'd probably off himself, removing the need for a fight. Ayla.

quote:
8. Mojo Jojo vs. Hargon (the Sorceror)
...argh. I really hate Mojo Jojo, so let's just say Hargon casts Explodet on him and moves on. Hargon.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #31
quote:
Originally written by Spring:

Kefka, solely because of IMAGE(http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b117/Spring350/kefka.gif).
Again. GWB won't see from his hat.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #32
RESULTS
1. Kefka vs. George W. Bush: Though he rarely talks about it, George W. Bush has made it quite clear that he is an evangelical Christian who looks forward to the coming of the Light of Judgment. What a coincidence! Kefka uses the Light of Judgment. "Poor old... Oh well, what a worthless excuse of a President!!"

2. Garzahd vs. Rentar-Ihrno: I don't know what some of you are smoking. Let's look at the evidence. Erika provides some of the clearest. In her duel with Rentar-Ihrno, Erika has the edge, and probably would have won were it not for her curse -- which, of course, was placed by Garzahd. On the other hand, it's pretty clear that Erika could not have taken down Garzahd by herself. A band of adventurers defeats him, yeah, but they were assisted by a bevy of archmages (including Rentar herself). Also, they were the absurdly successful Empire War Heroes -- a much more impressive group than either of the two groups that defeated Rentar. Of course, Rentar can't even pierce Garzahd's abjurations at all without the assistance of a Crystal Soul. Rentar puts up quite a fight, but Garzahd wins, there's no question.

RESULTS
1. Thuryl vs. Mr. Potato Head: "Hey, what are you doing with my facial features? Aaaaggghh!!! Somebody help me, this is potato abuse!"

2. Marlenny vs. Ms. Pac-Man: Inky, Blinky, Pinky, and... Marlenny? Regardless, Ms. Pac-Man has power pills. Marlenny doesn't. Sorry dear.

3. Kelandon vs. Malcolm (in the Middle): This was supposed to be some kind of geekfight, not a fistfight. Regardless, Malcolm has spent years beating up on, and being beaten up by, his three (or four) brothers. Kel has spent years beating up on, um, isometric sliths. And misconjugated verbs. So I think Malcolm has the physical advantage. Unfortunately for Malcolm, he's in a sitcom and so is required to do stupid, self-destructive things. Kel isn't, so I think he manges to squeak out a victory.

4. Alec vs. Rainbow Brite: Rainbow Brite has a number of magical powers. Simply by touching herself, she can make rainbows fly out of her midsection. Plus, she has a creepy talking horse, and a big supply of hallucinogenic "sprinkles." Honestly, Alec doesn't stand a chance. I'm afraid he'd have to resign himself to being just another Twink sidekick to Rainbow.

5. Noam Chomsky vs. Rush Limbaugh: Rush Limbaugh is spry? Have you gone completely insane? Chomsky would win the fight and the debate. Please.

6. Chun-Li vs. Bjork: Bjork has a tank. Chun-Li destroys a tank. Chun-Li has the Spinning Bird Kick. Bjork has a revealing swan dress. I think we all see where this one is going.

7. Shadow vs. Ayla: Now this is a tough one. Shadow's dog is more powerful than Ayla's dinosaur, it's true. On the other hand, Shadow throws shuriken, whereas Ayla throws people and monsters. Ayla can heal herself, but not by enough to make any difference, I think. Shadow can turn himself invisible, but Ayla can still attack with the wind if he does that. In the end, I have to give the edge to Ayla, because she can take a lot of abuse before she dies; Shadow, not so much.

8. Mojo Jojo vs. Hargon (the Sorceror): Both villains have half-successful plans that are easily defeated by a trio of heroes. Mojo Jojo creates giant robots and laser beams. Hargon summons giant demons and makes things explode. Mojo has a weakness that Hargon doesn't, though; the fragile glass dome that protects his giant brain. There's no way that thing is going to survive even one Explodet. Plus, Mojo Jojo has a music video about him... by Devo. He just can't win.

DEATHMATCH ONE, ROUND FOUR
1. Garzahd vs. Kefka

DEATHMATCH TWO, ROUND TWO
1. Kelandon vs. Noam Chomsky
2. Hargon vs. Rainbow Brite
3. Thuryl vs. Ms. Pac-Man
4. Ayla vs. Chun-Li

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #33
1.4.1: Garzahd failed to destroy a ragtag nation of exiles with the help of an army even before a plucky band of adventurers appeared on the scene. Kefka succeeded in mass geographical and topographical rearrangement even after being attacked by heroic misfits. Kefka for the win!

2.2.1: Kel is a left-leaning linguist. Chomsky is practically the voice of the American left and a renowned linguist. Despite Kel's vastly superior Blades abilities I'm afraid Chomsky takes the lead and holds it.

2.2.2: Hargon, but that may be wishful thinking. In fact, it's certainly wishful thinking. But I refuse to believe that Rainbow Brite could do what the iconic trio of unnamed cousin heroes did!

2.2.3: Thuryl shows promising signs of passing his Turing Test. Ms. Pac-Man just eats a lot, and I'm sure Thuryl can reverse engineer her biology to create a better Ms. Pac-Man anyway. Thuryl wins!

2.2.4: Ayla. Elegant finesse and blinding speed versus sheer, unbridled brute strength? It's really no contest at all. Besides, Chun Li has no dinosaur and does not travel through time. If all else fails, Ayla can just take beat up a very old and feeble Chun Li.

—Alorael, who would like to know which round will have Raven vs. Writing Desk.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #34
1.4.1 Kefka. Garzahd imbued himself with the power of demons, whereas Kefka literally became a god.

2.2.1 Kel? Left-leaning? Anyway, considering how many acrobatic contradictions Kel has had to perform in order to adhere to the democratic party's platform, the only thing protecting Kel's ass is his head. Noam.

2.2.2 For children, good always wins. For adults, good always loses. Hm... I'll go with Rainbow Brite. Hargon looks like the type to have never gotten high before, and one hit of the rainbow beam would leave him leading one-man drum circles.

2.2.3 The only way to beat Mrs. Pac-Man is to be dead, and considering that Thuryl is an atheist, he won't have much of a ghost. Mrs. Pac-Man.

2.2.4 Shadow, formerly assumed dead, appears in the darkness and kills both of them.

EDIT: In fact, Ayla doesn't even have any wind spells. One Inviz Skean is enough to give Shadow the win.

[ Friday, April 28, 2006 10:29: Message edited by: Butt Paladin ]

--------------------
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #35
Ayla doesn't have any spells whatsoever. She does have a wind attack -- Tail Spin -- which deals damage as if it were a spell.

quote:
Originally written by Mr. Vince PE Edshottsargh:

Chomsky is practically the voice of the American left
That's not even remotely true. Chomsky's brand of anarcho-syndicalism has very little in common with the American left aside from not being on the right.

--------------------
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #36
I always thought that Tail Spin did melee damage. Anyway, the point is moot since if Shadow is actually throwing shuriken with you, then you are wasting him. Falchion-throwing is the best way to deal damage in the game without using Offering or a Gem Box.

And okay, throwing rocks is deadly.
IMAGE(http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7c/Falchion.jpg)
Throwing these is deadlier.

--------------------
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #37
Tail Spin does non-elemental magic damage. The only such attacks in the game are Tail Spin and the esoteric Poyozo Dance, so a lot of FAQs miss that.

Throw increases the damage multiplier by 1 and ignores defense. So it will do about double damage against a weak enemy, and the same amount of damage against an enemy with high defense. Triple Kick, by comparison, does about four times normal damage in total, but does not ignore defense. Shadow's defense, in the late game, can typically prevent somewhere between half and three-quarters of damage (that's how it works in FF6). On the other hand, Ayla's normal attack is among the very best in her world, whereas Shadow's (without the Genji Glove or Offering, which have no impact on Throw anyway) is not. So their best attacks are a bit of a toss-up... their speed is also comparably high. Shadow will get a critical hit 1 in 32 times, whereas Ayla will get one a minimum of 1 in 5 times depending on her level. Note also that she has three chances to get one with a Triple Kick.

Anyway, think what thou wilt, but Ayla won.

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #38
quote:

Tail Spin does non-elemental magic damage. The only such attacks in the game are Tail Spin and the esoteric Poyozo Dance, so a lot of FAQs miss that.
Isn't Frog Squash non-elemental magic damage too? As far as I know it isn't treated as a physical attack.

quote:
Originally written by TM:

2.2.3 The only way to beat Mrs. Pac-Man is to be dead, and considering that Thuryl is an atheist, he won't have much of a ghost. Mrs. Pac-Man.
To be fair, I am uncommonly fond of the undead. Doesn't that count for anything?

quote:
DEATHMATCH ONE, ROUND FOUR
1. Garzahd vs. Kefka
Garzahd is a final boss. Kefka is four final bosses! Advantage: Kefka.

quote:
DEATHMATCH TWO, ROUND TWO
1. Kelandon vs. Noam Chomsky
I'm superior, you're inferior
I'm the big attraction, you're the small
I'm the major one, you're the minor one
I can beat you shootin', that's not all

Anything you can do, I can do better
I can do any thing better than you
No you can't, Yes I can, No you can't, Yes I can
No you can't, Yes I can, yes I can

Anything you can be I can be greater
Sooner or later, I'm greater than you
No you're not, Yes I am, No you're not Yes I am
No you're not, Yes I am, yes I am

I can shoot a partridge with a single cartridge
I can get a sparrow with a bow and arrow
I can do most anything
Can you bake a pie? No. Neither can I

Anything you can sing I can sing louder
I can sing anything louder than you
No you can't....

Anything you can buy, I can buy cheaper
I can buy anything cheaper than you
Fifty cents, Forty cents, Thirty cents, Twenty cents

Anything you can dig, I can dig deeper
I can dig anything deeper than you
Thirty feet, Forty feet, Fifty feet, Sixty feet

I can drink my liquor faster than a flicker
I can do it quicker and get even sicker
I can live on bread and cheese
And only on that? Yes, So can a rat

Anything you can reach, I can go higher
I can sing anything higher than you
No you can't....

Anyone you can lick, I can lick faster
I can lick anyone faster than you
With your fist? With my feet, With your feet? With an axe

Any school where you went, I could be master
I could be master much faster than you
Can you spell, No I can't, Can you add, No I can't
Can you teach, Yes I can, yes I can

I could be a racer, quite a steeple chaser
I can jump a hurdle even with my girdle
I can open any safe
With out being caught? Yes, That's what I thought, you crook

Any note you can hold I can hold longer
I can hold any note longer than you.
No you can't, Yes I ca-a-a-a-an, Yes you ca-a-an

Noam.

quote:
2. Hargon vs. Rainbow Brite
Hargon, and I'm not dignifying it with an explanation.

quote:
4. Ayla vs. Chun-Li
Chun-Li beats the hell out of things. Ayla beats the hell out of things in a greater variety of ways. Ayla.

[ Friday, April 28, 2006 13:47: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #39
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

quote:
Originally written by TM:

To be fair, I am uncommonly fond of the undead. Doesn't that count for anything?

Yes. A healthy arrest record.

--------------------
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #40
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

quote:

Isn't Frog Squash non-elemental magic damage too? As far as I know it isn't treated as a physical attack.

It is non-elemental, but it's not treated as a magic attack or a physical attack -- the damage formula has nothing to do with attack power, defense power, magic power, or magic defense power. Dino Tail works the same way (as does half the formula of Frog Flare).

Technically, I think they are classified as physical attacks, but the only way to figure that out is to use it on an enemy that responds to physical or magical attacks (like the Jugglers in Magus' Castle.)

--------------------
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #41
DEATHMATCH ONE RESULTS
1. Garzahd vs. Kefka: Garzahd knows what his limits are, unlike Kefka, and is paranoid rather than flippantly aggressive. If they had been in the same "Empire" Garzahd would have found some way to do away with Kefka, no question about it. In a deathmatch, though, Kefka's manipulation of the Statues makes anything Garzahd could do null and void. Kefka, who admittedly outclassed all the other participants by a lot, wins the first deathmatch.

DEATHMATCH TWO RESULTS
1. Kelandon vs. Noam Chomsky: This fight would obviously degenerate into a prescriptivist vs. descriptivist deathmatch. Kel attacks with Latin and Greek spears, which Chomsky blocks with his Shield of Selective Example Recognition. Chomsky throws a Wh-Bomb in an attempt to irradiate Kel (Transforming his deep structure), but Kel is wearing his protective This Is How It Should Be Suit. Kel is about to gut Chomsky on his two-tined Classical Slith spear when he discovers that he has been quietly dominated by a little v hanging above his head. Thus prevented from Moving of his own accord, he is easily Merged with the straw man Kel* that Chomsky fabricates out of thin air. The two Kels cancel out and Chomsky emerges victorious.

2. Hargon vs. Rainbow Brite: If Hargon's power can be contained by StopSpell, then unfortunately I think it can also be contained by rainbows. As for Hargon's minions, Rainbow can easily palette swap them into weak creatures. In retrospect, this should have been any other DQ villain, as then I could make ridiculously bad puns about the Ball of Light and the Rainbow Drop. Oh well. Rainbow wins.

3. Thuryl vs. Ms. Pac-Man: "Why, Ms. Pac-Man, you don't have enough of a disturbing grin on your face. Allow me to help you." "Ohhh... Thurly. You're not like the other ghosts, are you?" "No, I'm not. That could explain why I'm strangling you with your very own ribbon." "..." Thuryl.

4. Ayla vs. Chun-Li: Well, this really depends on the medium. If the deathmatch happens in a video game, they will clearly decide that they are equally matched and worthy of respect and will get drunk on poi. If the deathmatch happens in anime or manga, it will clearly devolve into a fanservice in which they both strip and make love. If it happens on a message board, they will both get banned for their hideous command of English. ("Come party tonight." "Ha-ha-ha!" "Where from?" "Thank you!") Honestly, though, Ayla kicks harder. Ayla wins.

DEATHMATCH TWO, ROUND THREE
1. Noam Chomsky vs. Thuryl
2. Ayla vs. Rainbow Brite

DEATHMATCH THREE
1. Bahamut vs. Glaurung
2. Nicol Bolas vs. Khoth
3. Trogdor the Burninator vs. Stanley Steamer
4. Puff the Magic Dragon vs. Quox the Dragon
5. Falkor vs. Kohaku
6. Tyranthraxus vs. Fin Fang Foom
7. Seiryu vs. Blue-Eyes White Dragon
8. The Dragonlord vs. the Dragonzord

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #42
quote:
Bahamut vs. Glaurung (because this is the only match where I know about both contestants. Who are half these people?)
Glaurung. Father of all Dragons, overwhelming presence, and servant to Morgoth (the granddaddy of all Evil Overlords). Unfortunately for him, he picked a fight with a deity. The Platinum Dragon wins. However, with his dying breath, Glaurung informs Bahamut that he's been getting jiggy with his amnesiac sister. Bahamut commits suicide.

Bahamut vs. Tiamut would have been more interesting.

EDIT: Ah, I was talking about Glaurung from the Silmarillion and Bahamut from D&D. Apparently, no one else is. Sigh...

I just thought of something: maybe everything should be decided by Deathmatch. Just think: place the ten candidates for the leadership of the Liberal Party of Canada into one arena, then let them loose on each other! (Dryden would win, being the only one who brought along protective equipment.)

--------------------
IF I EVER BECOME AN EVIL OVERLORD:
I will make the main entrance to my fortress standard-sized. While elaborate 60-foot high double-doors definitely impress the masses, they are hard to close quickly in an emergency.

[ Saturday, April 29, 2006 15:04: Message edited by: Dintiradan ]
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #43
2.3.1 Intellectually speaking, they'd probably find themselves not affecting one anothers' arguments fairly rapidly. Physically speaking, Chomsky has enough fanboys that he is essentially invincible to any conventional weapons. Chomsky.

3.1.1 Glaurung is an incredibly intelligent dragon who manipulates consequences to his own advantage. Bahamut is a gigantic dragon king who lives on the moon and can obliterate continents with nuclear breath. At the very least, Bahamut could simply breathe over the entire planet, rendering the entirety uninhabitable, whereas Glaurung has no means of entering space. Bahamut.

3.1.2 Let's assume for sake of convenience that Bolas' ability is equivalent to Khoth's abiltiy to burn down whole libraries. Both Khoth and Bolas are elder dragons, and since Magic and Exile terms are relatively incomparable, I'll give Khoth the lead since when he's not surrounded by invincible Empire armies, he has two other dragons in his immediate proximity. Khoth knows to keep his allies closer and his enemies the hell away.

3.1.3 One is a DRAGON. The other is a CAR. Trogdor.

3.1.4 Moral of Puff: People over 18 should not do marijuana. Moral of Quox: Lewis Caroll, well over 18 years, did a great deal of marijuana. Quox wins.

3.1.5 ...Kohaku, but only because there's not much in the way of luck that can deflect a scythe flying towards your face.

3.1.6 Fin Fang Foom by far. T-Raxus can be beaten by adventurers; Fin Fang Foom requires superheroes.

3.1.7 One is a card, the other is a GOD. Seiryu by far (and probably for the win).

3.1.8 Dragonlord, if only to get its opponent out of the way.

--------------------
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #44
...yeh, yeh, these were a tad obscure. :P
Sources, in case it helps anyone:

Bahamut - various
Galurung - Tolkien
Nicol Bolas - Magic (CCG)
Khoth - Exile
Trogdor - Strongbad
Stanley - Xanth
Puff - Puff
Quox - Oz (Baum, not Carroll)
Falkor - The Neverending Story
Kohaku - Spirited Away
Tyranthraxus - Pool of Radiance
Fin Fang Foom - Marvel Comics
Seiryu - various
Blue-Eyes White Dragon - YuGiOh
Dragonlord - Dragon Warrior
Dragonzord - Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers

(and Stanley Steamer is a dragon too, albeit one named after a car)

--------------------
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #45
Slarty, you forgotten MagmaDragoon, from MegaMan X4 (PS1)! :P

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
La Canaliste
Member # 5563
Profile #46
Khoth is also Scottish, thus wins on points.

--------------------
I am a mater of time and how .

Deep down, you know you should have voted for Alcritas!
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #47
You know, a "Dragoon" isn't even a dragon.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #48
2.3.1: I don't know. I just don't know. Chomsky has fewer names and is older and frailer, but despite Thuryl's remarkable ability to attract Spiderwebbers Chomsky also has more fans. Chomsky is an anarcho-syndicalist and Thuryl advocates heinous crimes up to and including post-natal abortion. In the end I think Chomsky would edge out his younger competitor by virtue of being a cunning linguist, which is a more dastardly state of pundom than Thuryl could ever match.

2.3.2: Ayla is from a time before sentimentality and pretty rainbows. Cuteness cannot stay her hands, feet, teeth, rocks, and dinosaur.

3.1.1: Bahamut is a fish when he's not a dragon. Glaurung is a full-time dragon. Glaurung was killed by Túrin, though, and frequently falls to intrepid adventurers in Angband. Bahamut generally doesn't die as a giant fish, a deity, or the king of dragons. In the end, the round has to go to Bahamut.

3.1.2. Nicol Bolas is a dragon who causes hands to be discarded. Khoth is a dragon with several homes, all of which have a great deal of magical lore lying around. It's really an apples to oranges comparison, but Khoth has one edge: he might post here. Thus, he wins.

3.1.3: A car versus an oddly drawn fictitious dragon from a fictitious world? I'll go with the car. (Knowing that Stanley Steamer is a Xanth character makes me wish I could do otherwise.)

3.1.4: Puff the Magic Dragon vs. Quox the Dragon

3.1.5: Again, a fish versus a dragon. This time I think there's really no way for the fish to win. Falkor.

3.1.6: Both have sadly comic names, but Tyranthraxus manages to come off as less entirely ridiculous and wins.

3.1.7: I cannot conceive of a card from a fictional world defeating a god. Seiryu.

3.1.8: A villain from a seminal console RPG against a robotic thing from an uninteresting television show? Dragonlord wins.

[Edit: I can't edit.]

—Alorael, who has had to refer to Wikipedia several times. He feels slightly enlightened and more than slightly stupefied.

[ Saturday, April 29, 2006 16:59: Message edited by: Ohe, vo stetto. ]
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00

Pages