Best Spiderweb game

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Best Spiderweb game
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #25
I can't justify liking A2 as much as Nethergate, but I do. Nethergate has a better plot, a better setting, and a wonderful two-sided presentation. Avernum 2 has caves. I like it anyway!

—Alorael, who wonders if sliths with woad could defeat nephils in armor.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #26
Don't get me wrong, I love Avernum 2, the best of the trilogy by far, but Nethergate is in my opinion the best Spiderweb game ever.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #27
Originally by Tyranicus:

quote:
I'm sure many people are tired of hearing it, but I think that most people who say that A2 is the best Spiderweb game have not played Nethergate.
I've played Nethergate. Not all the way through, of course. My Roman party actually wandered outside and into the mines about, oh, two weeks ago.

I suspect my preference for A2 has something to do with the fact that it was the first one I ever played and the many years of experience that comes from that fact.

It is a good thing no Spiderweb Software game takes place in real time, or else the game world would be completely destroyed even before Dikiyoba's party picked up their weapons.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #28
Since a new topic has been posted that offers a more complete range of games, I suggest we move discussion over there.

By "suggest", of course, I mean "decree". :)

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.

Pages