50 years from now, 50 years ago

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: 50 years from now, 50 years ago
Apprentice
Member # 6845
Profile #50
Living forever seems like hell to me.
(besides, its not natural, man)
Live for today, die for tomorrow, love yourself, love others, be happy in the eternal bliss of the happy soul.

--------------------
coco puffs and techno pop... sounds like a party.

Bé, daru, sa kai kasé!
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #51
Amen to that sherbie!

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #52
quote:
Originally written by sherbiebaby:

Live for today, die for tomorrow, love yourself, love others, be happy in the eternal bliss of the happy soul.

I would tell you to "go off and die," but it'd be redundant (it seems).

If you want to die, feel free. I certainly don't.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #53
By sherbiebaby:
quote:
Crap. TM beat me to it.

Is death some idyllic, natural occurance? It may seem that way. Until somebody close to you dies.

--------------------
On second thought, let's not go to Camelot. It is a silly place.
- Arthur (Quest for the Holy Grail)
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #54
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

quote:
Originally written by Thralni, the flying Avernite:

This reminds me of a discussion I had yesterday, and it is not entirely off-topic. About having a goal in life. that is quite a problem, a goal, I mean. people generally feel two things about a goal, depending on their present situation. With having a goal, this means:

Reached your goalNot reached your goalNow, if we take a person in his fifties, then he will feel in these two ways, in the same order a sabove, about his goal:
He will be depressed because he reached his goal, and can't find anything else to do.He will hate himself and be depressed because he didn't manage to achieve his goal.(Note that this can also occur on earlier ages, but it will start at an age of about 35.)
Is it good to have a goal in life then? or will you be depressed because you feel bored and don't know what to do. As I see it, in all manners, a person could become depressed, no matter what he does. Of course, some people have a normal life, retire, and live happily ever after.

I may be taking this wrong, but I'm sensing that you think it's somewhere between difficult and impossible for a person to have any pride in the life they've lived. Either that, or this went in a circle.
Anybody else read this and get a deep sense of defeatism?

Read the last sentence of my post again please. There are of course people who are happy, even though they reached/didn't reach their goal. Some people reach their goal, and immeditaly set a new one. Then there are people to whome my post applies, and the there are people who just don't have a goal, simply dragging themselves through life (this seems imposible to me). I myself have at the moment maybe twenty goals outstanding simultaineously, and it depresses me a bit that I won't reach about ten of them.
This all boils down to one question: what is the meaning of life. i have no idea, and maybe I don't want to know.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #55
Pardon my missing that footnote of a comment, Thralni. The post as a whole was just a bit of a downer...

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.

Pages