I'm late! I'm late!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: I'm late! I'm late!
Warrior
Member # 1320
Profile #50
quote:
Originally written by ben12C8:

You can't just delete accounts. That and the colons around your moniker make it look cooler. ;)
Then what happens with the really old accounts where the users haven't posted since the Slith-vs-Nephil-thread and then only to spam? Considering that the boards have over six thou members, and only about three hundred ever post, thats alot of useless information just lying arounds.

Oh, and I don't like semicolons. They make me look frilly.

--------------------
-Step aside, worthy adversary!
-T'is but a scratch!
-A scratch! Your arms off!
(pause)
-I've had worse!
-You liar!
-C'mon, you pansy!
(Fighting continues.)
-Allright. We'll call it a draw then.
-Oh I see. Running away are we? You yellow bastard! Come back here and take whats coming for you! I'll bite your legs off!

"You know that you've played Halo 2 to much when you sit down for dinner, pick your fork up, look at the knife, and in the corner of your vision, you see *Press X to pick up Press Y to dual wield*"
Warrior
Member # 1320
Profile #51
EDIT: Doible post, sorry.

[ Saturday, January 21, 2006 14:13: Message edited by: :Slash: ]
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #52
The accounts stay there. The account information really does not take up too much space really. I'm sure if it came down to it, we could clean out the accounts, but it just seems to be a proverbial drop in the bucket.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 1320
Profile #53
Oh well. I hope the bucket will fill up with time.

--------------------
-T'is but a scratch!
(pause)
-I've had worse!
-You liar!
-C'mon, you pansy!
(Fighting continues.)
-Oh I see. Running away are we? You yellow bastard! Come back here and take whats coming for you! I'll bite your legs off!

"You know that you've played Halo 2 to much when you sit down for dinner, pick your fork up, look at the knife, and in the corner of your vision, you see *Press X to pick up Press Y to dual wield*"
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #54
A lot of members get an account just to ask questions about a game they are having trouble with. Others get bored and wander away, never to return. Except that some of them do return after a long time.

Dikiyoba would rather have fried bacon over fried spam. Spam is gross.
Warrior
Member # 1320
Profile #55
Why don't people just....

Wait, CAN you post as an anonymous?

--------------------
-T'is but a scratch!
(pause)
-I've had worse!
-You liar!
-C'mon, you pansy!
(Fighting continues.)

Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #56
It's impossible to post to these boards anonymously. You have to be registered.

[ Saturday, January 21, 2006 14:57: Message edited by: Ephesos ]

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #57
Or you could use the nickname "anonymous" and then change all your profile info or something... :D
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #58
You can, however, post under a different account. Then no one will know its you. :ph34r:

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Warrior
Member # 1320
Profile #59
quote:
Originally written by chicho1102:

Or you could use the nickname "anonymous" and then change all your profile info or something... :D
I was thinking more along the lines of people posting queries anonymously rather than creating new accounts. Oh well.

--------------------
-T'is but a scratch!
(pause)
-I've had worse!
-You liar!
-C'mon, you pansy!
(Fighting continues.)

The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #60
quote:
Originally written by Paneudaimonium:

Drakey and Stareye are like good cop, bad cop, only they're the same person!!!

Now all you need to say is who is the good cop and who is the bad cop. We could even put this to a vote! :P

[ Saturday, January 21, 2006 16:54: Message edited by: *i ]

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #61
I thought it was interchangable... :P

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #62
quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar:

I have the same feeling with Kelandon, you know. No matter how much or how often I post, he's always just a step ahead of me.

Don't you ever take a vacation, Kel? Or a nap? Or go away to eat something? :P

The really amazing thing is that I don't even read all the topics. For example, I hadn't read this one until just now.

These boards are my vacation. :P Seriously, though, I did spend a lot more time on these boards during Winter Break than I normally would. Now that school has returned in full force, I probably won't have anywhere near 300+ posts again for a while.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #63
Outsource! Really, finding people willing to work for illegally low wages has worked wonders for my posting. Some may not be entirely clear or entirely literately written, but it works.

Anyway, until there are random post generators to go along with the computer science paper generators, outsourcing is the way to go.

—Alorael, who is not, in fact, Alorael for this particular post. However, the vote among Aloraels has shown a 60-40 supporter of *i as whichever cop he prefers. This decision was reached mostly because *i is more likely to be vindictive and less likely to forget his grudge during his afternoon nap.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #64
quote:
Originally written by :Slash::
Oh well. I hope the bucket will fill up with time.
Account names wouldn't be the first to be poured from it... would you really want to put that much stress on Aran's program?

I'm kind of curious now... I'm going with *i's suggestion, whether he meant it or not.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Warrior
Member # 1320
Profile #65
Meh, I've given up on it. Semicolons will do for now.

As for *i and Drakey, they're good cop and bad cop simontaneously!

--------------------
-T'is but a scratch!
(pause)
-I've had worse!
-You liar!
-C'mon, you pansy!
(Fighting continues.)

Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #66
I don't delete accounts because there is always the possibility someone will come back and post or want to log in and not be able to.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #67
You could just add in a "stagnant user deletion period" where if an account goes stagnant (whether that means foul or unused is up to you) for a period of time it gets deleted.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #68
quote:
Originally written by Drakefyre:

I don't delete accounts because there is always the possibility someone will come back and post or want to log in and not be able to.
However long this account death row lasts, it's always possible that someone will show up one day later wanting to post.

—Alorael, who can think of several members who disappeared for a year or more and then reappeared. They deserve love too.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #69
Number nine, number nine, number nine...turn me on dead man.

I see I was in good company last month, and someone has to be the person next to TM after all.

I have a prophecy of my own: This is the last time I will ever make top ten here. I have a few real life duties to which to attend: school, getting a new job, securing an internship, and finding myself a mate. No more games for me for a while, at least, not the computer kind. It's been fun, friends. I'll be around now and again when bored...or not. Who knows? Surely when A5 comes out at the least.

--------------------
A4 Items List A4 Singleton G4 Items List G4 Forging List G4 Insidious Infiltrator NR Items List
Warrior
Member # 1320
Profile #70
How about deleting all the accounts that have a post count of under a hundred and that haven't been used during the last year or two. Anyone coming back can re-register, and I doubt anyone will be in an uproar about losing their post count.

What a waste of time it would be, really, to do that, unless there ain't enough discspace.

--------------------
-T'is but a scratch!
(pause)
-I've had worse!
-You liar!
-C'mon, you pansy!
(Fighting continues.)

Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #71
Space isn't the issue; names are the reason some people want unused accounts deleted. Anyone who achieves journeyman or above might leave and come back. Those who don't probably aren't. But it's impossible to tell for sure. Besides, how would deleting accounts alter the goal of reaching 7000 members that some people have?

Dikiyoba.
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #72
Deletion by request would be much more efficient, you know. It's not about reducing space, it's about freeing up PDNs. Obviously, there'd have to be criteria. Maybe inactivity for one year or so.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #73
quote:
Originally written by Synergy:

Number nine, number nine, number nine...turn me on dead man.
28IF

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #74
Oregon is the only state with an assisted suicide law. Therefore, requests for deletion will only be honored for residents of that state. Voluntary deletion requests originating in other states, or countries, are subject to the laws in those areas.

*this message sponsored by 5/9th of the SCoUSA*

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Pages