Buying the game ?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Buying the game ?
Apprentice
Member # 5672
Profile #0
Not sure if this belongs to this forum, but I would still like to ask this question, cuz I am pretty interested buying the code for Avernum 4.

Anyhow, it seems that the most reasonnable option, from my point of view, is to pay by VISA through a secure web form and either get the right key instantly or to have it e-mailed to me in the same day.
However, am I correct that if I choose "Pay by VISA" option, I will also need to pay shipping and handling fees, and then will have to wait for a regular mail whatever long it takes?

Thanks,
Warrior
Member # 6501
Profile Homepage #1
Even if you have to wait longer, it´s better to buy the game instantly and buy it on the cd. My computer crashed once with my only registered game, which was nowhere. :(

Now I buy every game on cds.

--------------------
You know, why the Sliths are green - because of their scales.

Maybe you know why some slith eyes were once red - ´cause the demons, which led them were red.

But why are the eyes of the Slith Lord Followers red? Because they see the remains of their enemies always before the battle begins!
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #2
Mind you, Jeff is good when it comes to re-obtaining registration codes, but having the CD is always a good idea, especially when it doesn't cost much more than the game itself.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
You don't have to pay for shipping and handling if you only ask for the registration codes by email (or by phone) because nothing is shipped or handled. You can get both the code and a CD for a few dollars more if you'd like.

—Alorael, who has also had only good experiences with getting new codes when his old codes are lost to computer hijinks.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #4
You could always just get the reg codes, then put the game on cd. I have all of the games on one cd that way.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Apprentice
Member # 5672
Profile #5
Thanks to all who answered, I called them.

However, I think it would be simplest if the secure online form had
an option of receiving the code by e-mail (or even instantly) without having to order CD.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #6
When you're outside the US, shipping and handling becomes a real concern. Nethergate cost me $42 all in, which is still pretty good, but is a lot more expensive than the $25 it is actually quoted at.

Because of this, and my lack of employment, I only buy the registration codes now. And as others have said, Jeff and Spidweb are really good at giving new codes to paying customers.

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?