New terrorist threat!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: New terrorist threat!
Shock Trooper
Member # 3898
Profile #0
Terrorist Has No Idea What To Do With All That Plutonium.

--------------------
~Note : The professional newbie's advice should not be taken seriously, or at all.~
LINKAGE
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #1
That's absolutely hilarious.

I just wish the radioactive material that's really missing from Los Alamos had indeed fallen into the hands of such morons.

We should be so lucky...

[ Tuesday, December 06, 2005 17:41: Message edited by: IRA Witch Herd ]
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #2
I can imagine physicists becoming frustrated enough with the administration's attitude towards science that they decide to pitch in. Not many, especially since physics tends to suffer less from budget cuts and moral guidance, but it only takes one.

—Alorael, who is just glad nobody found the government's stockpiles of Ice 9.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #3
And we're also lucky that the Andromeda strain mutated into a non-lethal organism. Close call, that one.

They'd better double the guard on the Roswell stuff, though. And guard the guards. We don't want those Death Rays and Disintigrator Beams falling into the wrong hands. Heck, I don't even like having them in the right hands. Or the left ones.

[ Tuesday, December 06, 2005 17:51: Message edited by: IRA Witch Herd ]
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #4
Yeah I agree, the right hands would hit their target, which I dont want, and the left hand would miss the target, which I also don't want.

--------------------
Constitutional monarchies are the in monarchies.
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
They'd better double the guard on the Roswell stuff, though. And guard the guards. We don't want those Death Rays and Disintigrator Beams falling into the wrong hands. Heck, I don't even like having them in the right hands. Or the left ones.
Personally, I'd be more worried about SARS. After all, I've heard there's only a 97% chance of survival, with flu-like symptoms and discomfort. That would be one sickness I'd never want to get. That's practically worse than AIDS. I mean, only 97%?! You might as well work out your will and have your death warrant signed, there's no way you're surviving.

[ Tuesday, December 06, 2005 18:13: Message edited by: Eldibs ]

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

The horrible part about life is, you'll never get out of it alive.

Currently boycotting: AngelFire, GameFAQ's, Macintosh PC's
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by Goldenking:

Yeah I agree, the right hands would hit their target, which I dont want, and the left hand would miss the target, which I also don't want.
Except when you're left-handed.

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
Wikipedia (citing the WHO) on SARS
Nortality by age group as of 8 May 2003 is below 1% for people aged 24 or younger, 6% for those 25 to 44, 15% in those 45 to 64 and more than 50% for those over 65.

SARS is scary. Not panic in the streets scary, but scary.

—Alorael, who is more afraid of SARS. His projected lifetime risk is probably higher, although that really depends on where SARS pops up and whether he decides to dance on a highway at night.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by Aliorhael:

SARS is scary. Not panic in the streets scary, but scary.

Morrissey quote alert!

And SARS is a real problem. Maybe not as bad as Avian 'Flu, but anything that kills people on the scale Alorael quoted should be feared.

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #9
SARS caused over 800 deaths. Avian flu has killed under 100. Avian flu may become the next flu pandemic, but there are no guarantees.

That wasn't a deliberate Morrissey quote. In fact, I had to use Google to figure out what you were talking about, and I'm still not entirely sure. Isn't panic in the streets a reasonably common idiom?

—Alorael, who is exactly the kind of person who would be the first to go in a flu epidemic, and this reminds him that he still hasn't gotten his flu vaccine for the year.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #10
quote:
Originally written by Aliorhael:

SARS caused over 800 deaths. Avian flu has killed under 100. Avian flu may become the next flu pandemic, but there are no guarantees.
I did mean potentially. Should make it more clear next time.

[quote]
That wasn't a deliberate Morrissey quote. In fact, I had to use Google to figure out what you were talking about, and I'm still not entirely sure. Isn't panic in the streets a reasonably common idiom?.
[/quote]Yes, I'm sure it is. But being an obsessive Morrissey fan, I felt impelled to point it out. Sorry. Still, I haven't heard that many people say it...

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #11
i still think the guy in the photo looks like hes high

--------------------
George Bush is a Nazi - Eric Cartmen

I'm not as think you stoned I am
Visit the RIFQ Forums
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #12
Nonsense. He looks like a camel. A buck-toothed camel. A retarded buck-toothed camel.

[ Wednesday, December 07, 2005 17:57: Message edited by: IRA Witch Herd ]
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #13
Because even if they could bombard the plutonium with electrons, whatever those are. :D

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #14
Oh my. :eek:

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #15
Botulinum Toxin would be a much more effective terrorist weapon if a delivery system could be devised.

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.