Movie Trivia Challenge: ROUND III

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Movie Trivia Challenge: ROUND III
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #0
The game is played as follows: two actors are given and must be connected through appearances in television shows or movies. The object is to connect the two actors with the fewest connections possible. Please READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING, KEY RULES AND CHANGES HAVE BEEN PUT IN BOLD!

ROUND III

Whoopi Goldberg to Kirsten Dunst

Set point value = 4

Some rules:

1) You may only post a connection of an actor to a movie/TV show already established in the list. For instance, you may say "Tom Hanks in Forrest Gump" only if either Tom Hanks or Forrest Gump have been previously mentioned.

2) Posts should be in the form of: "actor" in "movie/television show" format. Do NOT do "actor X to actor Y in movie A". This keeps the game so others can participate.

3) You may only post ONE connection every three hours. After posting your connection, you must wait for three hours unless the connection has been established.

3) Once the actors are connected, you may post a list of all the connections regardless of any previous rules. The next round will begin in approximately 24 hours after the original connection is established. During this time, a shorter connection may try to be established.

4) You may only use movie appearances or TV show appearances. The exception are TV shows which regularly have guest appearances as part of the show (Saturday Night Live, Jay Leno, etc.). However, a guest appearance on, say, M*A*S*H* would be acceptable.

5) You may NOT use cartoon voices, directing/production roles. The actor must have actually appeared in the movie to be valid.

6) You may NOT use IMDB or any other refererence/database to assist you. There is no way to enforce this, but let's keep the game honest.

Points are awarded for each person having a piece of the shortest connection. The number of points awarded are given in each round.

The winner and possibly runners up will be granted a custom title. Even if you do not know a lot of movies, feel free to post what you know.

For reference:

Round 1
Round 2

[ Monday, November 28, 2005 18:45: Message edited by: *i ]

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
Whoopi Goldberg in Girl, Interrupted.

—Alorael, who actually has a chain for this and who has to give credit to certain beloved family members to whom he thought he would never give anything up to and including the time of day over a certain related matter. Forgiveness comes in strange forms.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #2
Angelina Jolie in Girl, Interrupted.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #3
Angelina Jolie has large lips.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #4
Angelina Jolie in Mr. and Mrs. Smith. As for the current standings from Round 2...who is toast?

[ Monday, November 28, 2005 20:42: Message edited by: Lt. Sullust ]

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #5
Oops, meant to type your name, but for some reason I typed another member. Will be fixed in the standings at the end of this round.

EDIT: I'll put down a name:

Whoopi Goldberg in Ghost

[ Monday, November 28, 2005 21:07: Message edited by: *i ]

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #6
Brad Pitt in Mr. and Mrs. Smith

—Alorael, who was going a different and shorter route originally. He'll post it after this particular chain ends.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #7
Brad Pitt — Catherine Zeta-Jones in Oceans Twelve.

[ Monday, November 28, 2005 23:09: Message edited by: Spring ]

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #8
Catherine Zeta-Jones - Antonio Banderas in The Mask of Zorro.
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #9
Brad Pitt in "Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles"

EDIT: Spring and Miel you may wish to read the rules more carefully...

[ Tuesday, November 29, 2005 04:06: Message edited by: Lt. Sullust ]

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #10
Um, Spring, please read the rules, you may only mention actor --> movie, NOT actor --> movie --> actor. You get credit for Brad Pitt in Ocean's Twelve, but NOT Catherine Zeta Jones in Ocean's Twelve which much be a separate post.

Likewise, Miel, once Catherine Zeta Jones has been linked to Ocean's Twelve, you may then link Antonio Bandaras to it, but not to another movie directly. So right now, your knowledge, another interesting, has not yet been connected. This is to keep the game a community thing.

Oh yes: Demi Moore in Ghost

As it stands, valid links can be done off of:

Whoopi Goldberg
Angelina Jolie
Brad Pitt
Demi Moore
Girl, Interrupted
Mr. and Mrs. Smith
Ghost
Ocean's Twelve
Interview with the Vampire: Vampire Cronicles

[ Tuesday, November 29, 2005 04:12: Message edited by: *i ]

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #11
Kirsten Dunst in "Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles"

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #12
Now that a chain has been established, a shorter one is Winona Ryder in Girl, Interrupted to Winona Ryder in Little Women to Kirsten Dunst in Little Women.

—Alorael, who has never seen the full name of Interview with the Vampire written out anywhere before. It's rather cumbersome, isn't it?
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #13
Congrats Alorael. I can't help but wonder if there isn't a shorter connection. I guess I have 24 hours to watch all the movies I can with Whoopi or Kirsten...

[ Tuesday, November 29, 2005 07:23: Message edited by: Lt. Sullust ]

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #14
My bad, I was in a hurry (I know it's not an excuse, but that's what happened) so I just went by Spring's post.

Btw, isn't it amazing how different Kirsten Dunst looks now? I can't believe she's the same girl that did both, Little Women and "Interview with the Vampire"
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #15
I'm sure there are other ways to find two degrees of separation. I'm pretty sure there has to be a one-step connection between Whoopi Goldberg and Brad Pitt somewhere. Unless Whoopi Goldberg and Kirsten Dunst were in the same film or show, though, there's nothing shorter.

—Alorael, who would be interested in seeing the (impossible to determine) degrees of separation between actors using only non-actors as intermediaries.
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #16
Congratulations to all those who participated. Two degrees is indeed the lowest I can find. The original link to Whoopi Goldberg to Kirsten Dunst is as follows:

Whoopi Goldberg -- Girl, Interrupted (Alorael)
Girl, Interrupted -- Angelina Jolie (Kelandon)
Angelina Jolie -- Mr. and Mrs. Smith (Lt. Sullust)
Mr. and Mrs. Smith -- Brad Pitt (Alorael)
Brad Pitt -- Interview with a Vampire (Lt. Sullust)
Interview with a Vampire -- Kirsten Dunst (Lt. Sullust)

After completion, a shorter chain was proposed by Alorael:

Whoopi Goldberg -- Girl, Interrupted
Girl, Interrupted -- Winona Ryder
Winona Ryder -- Little Women
Little Women -- Kirsten Dunst

As it stands, 4 points will be awarded to Alorael for each he got in the shortest "steal" chain. 2 points will be awarded for each part in the original chain (except for Alorael's link to Girl, Interrupted as not to double count).

Current standings:

Alorael: 18
Lt. Sullust: 14
Drakefyre: 3
Salmon: 3
Aranea Hirsuta: 3
Error -13: 3
Kelandon: 2

The next round will be posted shortly.

--------------------