Harry Potter 4

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Harry Potter 4
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #50
Originally written by Garrison:
I finally saw the movie about a week ago. It was in my opinion the best movie so far in the series. I knew that much of the sideplot in the book had to be removed in order to constrain the movie to a reasonable length, so I was not too disappointed about the omitted material. I just reminded myself that a movie is different from a book.

Instead I'm disappointed. Too many cut: for example, when Harry buy a Firebolt? In the book (that is the best of series) Sirius give it to Harry, but in the movie the Firebolt just "appear" :eek:

[ Sunday, January 01, 2006 03:03: Message edited by: MagmaDragoon ]

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #51
...as a gift from Sirius. I do not clearly remember, but there might have been a note with a coded reference to Sirius.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #52
Harry Potter gets the Firebolt at the very, very end of the third movie. It's the last thing that happens in the movie. That's the problem with editing and cutting. It leaves holes in the story. We see Harry play one Quidditch game in the third movie, then nothing. But in the book, winning the Quidditch cup is a huge part of the plot. If Harry doesn't get his broom until the end of the movie, how does he play the other Quidditch games?

Dikiyoba.

Edit: Quidditch has two d's.

[ Sunday, January 01, 2006 12:05: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
BANNED
Member # 6554
Profile #53
i loved it i saw it at midnigh!

--------------------
join me!
we shall harness the power of geckos, bunnys, and fluffy pink stuffed animals and rule the world!!!
Posts: 193 | Registered: Wednesday, December 14 2005 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5132
Profile Homepage #54
I just realized that when I went to see the movie again, it wasn't the last showing after all. Not that it makes a big difference, though.

Okay, this post is totally worthless, but oh well.

[ Tuesday, January 03, 2006 10:59: Message edited by: BainIhrno ]

--------------------
"Let us see what the new day brings." - Temas, Areni.

Visit my realm!

Rate My Scenarios!
Fort Emerald Robbery
The Nephils' Defense
The Final Spire
The Fifth Tower of Magi
The Portal
Warrior
Member # 1320
Profile #55
Good movie, although I agree it was not as good as it could have been... The book was better than the movie, always is, always will be.

Query: What was peoples reaction to Aloraels gimmick in the beggining? Sure, after ten-thousand posts we sort of get a nice feeling of recognition (or dread, whatever) when we see the good old "—Alorael, who...", but how was the reaction back then?

--------------------
-Step aside, worthy adversary!
-T'is but a scratch!
-A scratch! Your arms off!
(pause)
-I've had worse!
-You liar!
-C'mon, you pansy!
(Fighting continues.)
-Allright. We'll call it a draw then.
-Oh I see. Running away are we? You yellow bastard! Come back here and take whats coming for you! I'll bite your legs off!

"You know that you've played Halo 2 to much when you sit down for dinner, pick your fork up, look at the knife, and in the corner of your vision, you see *Press X to pick up Press Y to dual wield*"
Warrior
Member # 6234
Profile #56
I know i'm a little late, but my sister just saw it yesterday, and she told me about it, and according to her it was pretty good. But there were some things in it that were wrong, but she didn't really matter. If you're really into reading, read the book, it's better, but if you're kind of lazy, like myself, you should check out the movie, or buy the DVD when it is released.

--------------------
There are 400 words in the dictionary that begin with "self" and only 8 that begin with "fellow".

When in doubt. . . mumble.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #57
...that's pretty much what we have established in this topic.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Warrior
Member # 6234
Profile #58
quote:
Originally written by Mr. Meanor:

...that's pretty much what we have established in this topic.
Yeah, after posting it and reading it again, i thought it was pretty useless... sorry :(

--------------------
There are 400 words in the dictionary that begin with "self" and only 8 that begin with "fellow".

When in doubt. . . mumble.

Pages