Miers' SCOTUS nomination is withdrawn

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Miers' SCOTUS nomination is withdrawn
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #0
She had to do it though. I feel bad for her - she was really put through the ringer. More than that though, because Bush wasn't the one to withdraw his choice, he doesn't directly get to eat as much crow as I think he should.

Why do people continue to take bullets for this loser? At any rate, at least for now the status quo is maintained.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #1
"Court" would have been fewer letters and more transparent than SCOTUS.

http://www.whitehouse.org/news/2005/100305.asp

--------------------
私のバラドですそしてころしたいいらればころす
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #2
The abbreviation POTUS makes me think of potatos, but SCOTUS reminds me of "scrotum". :P

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"Really, Spiderweb is just a big, steaming pool of estrogen." --- Robin
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #3
...but absent context, less specific.

EDIT: Furthermore, TM, I would figure you of all people would have appreciated the term for the reason Aran outlined.

[ Thursday, October 27, 2005 09:54: Message edited by: Drew ]
Shock Trooper
Member # 5969
Profile #4
quote:
Originally written by Explode The Bandwagon Now:

The abbreviation POTUS makes me think of potatos, but SCOTUS reminds me of "scrotum". :P
*snort* Me too. And it reminds me of Scotland.
It's really too bad that the initials of the Supreme Court are SC. It makes my US History notes that much longer, because I can't abbreviate it... lest I confuse it with South Carolina. :D

--------------------
A C, an E flat, and a G walk into the Tower of the Magi.
Ambrin runs up to them and says, "Hey, look! It's the Triad!"
Kelner snorts and says "Pretty minor Triad if you ask me."
Warrior
Member # 5268
Profile #5
I much prefer the initials POT USA. It is certainly appropriate for recent holders of the office -- even though some of them didn't inhale.

...which leads me to go really off-topic and wonder what ever did happen to the Presidents of the USA.
Infiltrator
Member # 3220
Profile #6
Brings out various conspiracy theories about how the nomination was a smoke screen for other activities of the administration. Not from me, though--I'm still sitting here, thinking, "Huh."