Eeeeeeew.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Eeeeeeew.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3898
Profile #0
http://forums.ffshrine.org/archive/index.php/t-7199.html

Eeeew.

--------------------
~Note : The professional newbie's advice should not be taken seriously, or at all.~
LINKAGE
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #1
I only read the first couple of replies, as the whole things is not grosse, just stupid and inchoherent rambling. It was an attempt at an RP, but some of the spelling is as bad as some members on here.

--------------------
Mugglenet--The ULTIMATE Harry Potter Site.
Polaris-- New location.
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #2
Hmmm.

--------------------
I stop rubber at 160km/h, five times a week.
CANUCKS
RESPEK!
My Style
The Knight Between Posts.
Warrior
Member # 3870
Profile Homepage #3
Not too long ago, there would not have been much room for us to criticize.

We have come a long way indeed, although MoS is still messy as hell.

--------------------
"Toleration is not the opposite of intoleration, but is the counterfeit of it. Both are despotisms. The one assumes to itself the right of withholding liberty of conscience, and the other of granting it."
---Thomas Paine

Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #4
I dunno. "An evil dude who hates the ppl and kills them" is pretty far down on the bad-to-good scale.
Warrior
Member # 3870
Profile Homepage #5
"an evil dude who hates the ppl and kills them"...

Actually, that is the simplest definition of a plot element that is prevalent through nearly all roleplays. :P

Mh...
- The Silvar Inn
- The Sands of Time

Admittedly, the use of the non-word "ppl" is suprisingly rare.

--------------------
"Toleration is not the opposite of intoleration, but is the counterfeit of it. Both are despotisms. The one assumes to itself the right of withholding liberty of conscience, and the other of granting it."
---Thomas Paine

By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #6
My black shadow man can beat your red ninja man.

In other news, the Powerball jackpot is up to $340 million. Anyone who lives in the US and is old enough to play doing so? Do you think that participating in the lottery is worth a dollar?

I would argue that even the miniscule chance of winning warrants the trouble of going to a shop and spending a buck on a ticket. It's all about the dream, really.

[ Wednesday, October 19, 2005 05:53: Message edited by: Drew ]
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #7
Well, okay. Most roleplays do indeed feature evil guys who hate people and frequently kill them. Still, saying it like that... :P
Apprentice
Member # 5555
Profile #8
quote:
Originally written by Drew:

In other news, the Powerball jackpot is up to $340 million. Anyone who lives in the US and is old enough to play doing so? Do you think that participating in the lottery is worth a dollar?

I would argue that even the miniscule chance of winning warrants the trouble of going to a shop and spending a buck on a ticket. It's all about the dream, really.

Divide the total winnings by the odds of winning with a single ticket, and you get the expected value of said ticket. If it's larger than what you pay (in which case there is probably something wrong with the numbers), then it's a good investment. If it's not, then it's only about entertainment. :P
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #9
I would rather lose money on a lottery ticket than participate in that RP for free.

—Alorael, who considers playing the lottery a kind of charity towards the state running it. Except for honesty and advertising, it's really no different from those less official setups where you can donate to a worthy cause and maybe win the raffle.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #10
Eeeew indeed. :eek:

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #11
Groan... that is pretty awful. I've seen way too much junk like that on message boards (not here, in my memory)... ye olde "Sword Fight" topics, as I believe they were called. Like RPs for those unwilling to make any mental committment whatsoever. Where insta-kills and reincarnation reign supreme...

quote:
Originally written by Albus Dumbledore:

although MoS is still messy as hell.
Hey, we're working on it, as I believe you are too.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Apprentice
Member # 5555
Profile #12
quote:
Originally written by Accountability out of Action:

I would rather lose money on a lottery ticket than participate in that RP for free.

—Alorael, who considers playing the lottery a kind of charity towards the state running it. Except for honesty and advertising, it's really no different from those less official setups where you can donate to a worthy cause and maybe win the raffle.

The government is not usually equatable with a charity. :P (this is coming from a leftist, btw)
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #13
Drew — $340 Million? Christ! The highest its got in Victoria (from memory) for a while is a measly $29 million, although it makes up for the lack of quantity by frequently having $9 million jackpots.

[ Friday, October 21, 2005 15:20: Message edited by: Spring ]

--------------------
Mugglenet--The ULTIMATE Harry Potter Site.
Polaris-- New location.
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #14
quote:
Originally written by Drew:

It's worthless, you'll just lose your time, energy, money (a dollar is a dollar), and just end up in disappointment. I still can't manage to stop my mother from playing it when it's at such high numbers.

There is this lottery in Dom. Rep. (played on Wed. and Sun.). It is legal and broadcast on TV. I’ll try to explain it as good as I can, because it’s a bit hard.
Three random people go into a TV Channel, and they do this whole process of putting white gloves and showing everyone how they do not have anything hidden. Then they'd pick out one little ball (there are 100, containing each #) and show it to people. It looks fairly real, since it is live and everything.
Well the numbers will go into first place, second and third. You win if you betted in at least one of the numbers, and the amount you win will depend on what place the number got and the amount you betted.

For example:

If you bet US$1 and the number got into first place, then you'll win US$56. If you bet US$2 = $112 and so forth.
If you bet US$1 and the number got into second place, then you'll win US$12. If you bet US$2 = $24 and so forth.
If you bet US$1 and the number got into Third place, then you'll win US$4. If you bet US$2 = $8 and so forth.

Now, you are also allowed to bet on two numbers at the same time (called palle), and if they both come out these will be the results:

If the numbers come out in First and Third place, the amount you betted times US$200.
If the numbers come out in Second and Third place, same as above.
However, if the numbers come out in First and Second place, then the amount you betted times US1000.

And oh yeah, the minimum you could bet is US$1.
My family (especially aunt, whom plays almost every week) play it a lot.

Edit: that was by far the largest post I've ever made. Damn, I was bored.....

[ Friday, October 21, 2005 15:59: Message edited by: Marlenny ]
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #15
I would rather spend 50 quid on lottery tickets than 50 on a slot machine or such.

[ Friday, October 21, 2005 19:14: Message edited by: VCH ]

--------------------
I stop rubber at 160km/h, five times a week.
CANUCKS
RESPEK!
My Style
The Knight Between Posts.
Shock Trooper
Member # 5969
Profile #16
I would rather spend my money registering Spiderweb games. :D

--------------------
A C, an E flat, and a G walk into the Tower of the Magi.
Ambrin runs up to them and says, "Hey, look! It's the Triad!"
Kelner snorts and says "Pretty minor Triad if you ask me."
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #17
quote:
Originally written by lightningmaster2016:

The government is not usually equatable with a charity. :P (this is coming from a leftist, btw)
I never said it was, but as an organization with operating costs, the government can always use a little charity. I don't believe it's perfect, but hey, it keeps us out of a state of nature!

—Alorael, who doesn't give enough to the state government in taxes. He feels guilty sometimes!
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00