Yahoo 360° & Hi5

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Yahoo 360° & Hi5
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #0
Does anyone here use Yahoo 360° or Hi5?

I find Yahoo 360° to be quite interesting. The profile is easy to set up and searching for groups is easy. Not to mention there are endless numbers of groups to look through and join. The whole interface is simple to understand and the profiles can be quite neat.

Hi5, on the other hand, seem to be rather dull and awkward to use. The groups are oraganized very badly, profiles are rather dull, groups are rather limited in both design and types available, searches are very difficult to perform, and everything is like Stone Age in comparison to Yahoo 360°.

Anyone else agree?

--------------------
"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes

Gay Christian Network
The Polaris Board
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #1
This almost seems like an ad... but not quite as blatant.

Of course, that could just be irrational paranoia sneaking up on me. What brought this discussion on, anyway?

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #2
I had the same initial reaction, but then again, it's pretty safe to say he's not a Yahoo employee.

On that note, Yahoo 360° looks okay, and I've never heard of Hi5. I've never really had any interest in blogs or anything like that anyways.

[ Saturday, October 01, 2005 20:33: Message edited by: Sunset ]

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #3
I have no opinion on the matter, and am responding so that no one loses sleep wondering what whacky critique I may have had. Also, thanks Dolphin for letting me know that they are blog tools. Now I know. :)

*this message sponsored by img*
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #4
Well, that is one aspect of it. Apparently it is a database of discussion groups. There are some for Spiderweb and blades communities, but none of them are active.

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #5
Whats the point in other spiderweb discussion groups. Theres allready plenty around.
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #6
Isn't it obvious? These other discussion groups are clearly the retroactive illegitimate children of Forum 6,432,766,349,448,872,395,334,773.

--------------------
Take the Personality Test! INTJ 100% 75% 100% 44%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
www.Keirsey.com for personality information.
The Sloganizer! "Swing your Archmage Alex."
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #7
Hi5 seems... rather stupid. I've been on a mate's account-thing on that and not only did the colour scheme smell, but the interface seemed... awkward in an almost evil sense.

I've never heard of the Yahoo one, though.. maybe I'll get bored enough to look at it, one day. Of course, that might coincidentally be a cold day in hell, but you never know.

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio