Boeing 787

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Boeing 787
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #0
I read not long ago Boeing reveiled their new airplane model not long ago: the Boeing 787 dreamliner. To me it looks like agood new modern aircraft. if it has the same standards as the Boeing 777, I'm sure it will be a succes.
In the link below you can see some pictures. Now here's the question: What do you guys make of it? I'm pleased. it looks really good!
Boeing 787 pictures

[ Wednesday, September 07, 2005 06:18: Message edited by: Thralni, emperor of Riverrod ]

--------------------
"remember, children, that chickens are your friends. you must only eat them when you've the appropriate oven and gardening supplies."- As said by Benjamin van Soldt himself.

Click here for more information on Olga's fortune teller kiosk

Olga's fortune teller kiosk has been temporarily closed down, but you can contact the prophet with a PM - Was signed by the prophet of the almighty chicken gods, gods of everything that is a chicken.
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #1
It's actually about the size of the 737. I think it seems pretty cool. The best part about it, IMO from what I've read, is its fuel efficiency.
Infiltrator
Member # 5132
Profile Homepage #2
This is excellent! Comfortable seats, large windows (the last time I flew, I had to bend my head to look out the window), fast speed (0.85 Mach) curved wings, etc.

Not to mention it looks good. :)

Pity it's not until 2008 :(

And yes, I DO have a genuine interest in aviation! ;) I'm even thinking about being a pilot myself when I grow up. I'd type more, but I have to go to school pretty soon.

[ Thursday, September 08, 2005 03:13: Message edited by: BainIhrno ]

--------------------
Rate My Scenarios!
Fort Emerald Robbery
The Nephils' Defense
The Fifth Tower of Magi
The Portal
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #3
I think it looks quite nice, a bit like the one I saw landing a few days ago... It certainly looks like a dreamliner though. Only natural cos it is one. :D ( but it looks too dreamy to be true) :D

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
Visit CSM !!! And this site is just great! Wow! Did you know what the answer to the gretest question ever is ?
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by JadeWolf:

I think it looks quite nice, a bit like the one I saw landing a few days ago... It certainly looks like a dreamliner though. Only natural cos it is one. :D ( but it looks too dreamy to be true) :D
As muvh as I like the design, I must agree. It just doesn't look like a aircraft that will be profitibal. Airliners mostly want to put as many chairs in as possible. That wouldn't be really possible here. Well just have to sit amd wait, I guess.

--------------------
"remember, children, that chickens are your friends. you must only eat them when you've the appropriate oven and gardening supplies."- As said by Benjamin van Soldt himself.

Click here for more information on Olga's fortune teller kiosk

Olga's fortune teller kiosk has been temporarily closed down, but you can contact the prophet with a PM - Was signed by the prophet of the almighty chicken gods, gods of everything that is a chicken.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #5
Hmmm, I looks quite different with those curved wings. Does curves wings give an aerodynamic advantage or something?

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Infiltrator
Member # 5132
Profile Homepage #6
Yeah, tipped wings give the plane an aerodynamic advantage. I think it's sharper turns or something, but to be honest, I'm really not that sure.

[ Saturday, September 10, 2005 14:29: Message edited by: BainIhrno ]

--------------------
Rate My Scenarios!
Fort Emerald Robbery
The Nephils' Defense
The Fifth Tower of Magi
The Portal
Infiltrator
Member # 5576
Profile Homepage #7
Also if you look closely you'll notice that it is also called the 7E7 (E for efficiency). The idea I believe is that at just below the speed of sound the plane is supposed to be significantly more fuel efficient. Boeing is hoping the the 7E7 will be an alternative to the Airbus A380 because airlines will be able to cheaply run many flights between many airports rather than a few enormous flights as the A380 is intended for.

--------------------
Überraschung des Dosenöffners!