Finals Fever

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Finals Fever
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #50
Sorry for reviving this once again, but its the granny tomorrow. C'mon guys, who do you take? I take Sydney by at least 25. Big Bad Bustlin' Barry Hall will lead them to victory. I think that Ben Cousins will win the Norm Smith medal for best on ground, however. He is great.
Anyway, I don't think that West Coast will win, because even though they have an excellent midfield, Sydney romp them every where else. My opinion, though.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #51
The worst thing about watching my Crows lose to West Coast was they gave themselves the chance to win, and then didn't! Grr. I can't even whine about them being robbed, they just weren't good enough.

Hopefully they'll have an actual forward line next year.

I agree Sydney will win. West Coast won't be given the space they need to run rampant, and their defence won't be able to stand up to Sydney's big guns.

Edit: I tip Ryan O'Keefe for the Norm Smith.

[ Thursday, September 22, 2005 22:54: Message edited by: Ash Lael ]

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #52
Bad luck. I was going for Adelaide in that game, I hate West Coast. The team, however, not the players.

I noticed in The Herald Sun today that the odds for the granny are fairly even; about $2 each. I hope it proves to be exciting, and not one-sided.

--------------------

Polaris
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #53
SYDNEY VICTORIOUS! 4 points, I watched the whole game. I wouldn't want to be on the plane that is taking supporters back to Sydney. Judd wins the Norm Smith, he played excellent. Ben Cousins was rather quiet, I think.

Best grand final I have ever watched, and that is fair-dinkum.

--------------------

Polaris
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #54
Excellent finish, though lower scoring than I would have liked. I was going for the Swans too.

1998 is still my favourite Grand Final, though. :D

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #55
Kangaroos V Adelaide, IIRC?

--------------------

Polaris
Babelicious
Member # 39
Profile Homepage #56
OY I WONDER IF VEGEMITE WILL CURE MY HERPETIC LESIONS
Apprentice
Member # 2153
Profile #57
I normally don't post in football topics, but seeing as noone is sticking up for West Coast.....

In their defense, they still played well - and at a 4 point loss the game really could have gone either way. If Sydney hadn't been making all those marks at the end, it could well have ended with WCE 1-2 points ahead.

I'm sure we'll win next year. And for those new to the game, the truth is that West Coast rocks, and everyone (almost) loves it.

// Sounds fake even to me -> Watched all of the last 2 minuites of the final game. (Not a very big football fan!)
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #58
I'm posting this from a freshly installed Linux machine! Yay! :D

Sorry for the useless message. But man, is this cool.

Edit: And this is posted from Lynx.

[ Tuesday, September 27, 2005 03:11: Message edited by: Aran-something. ]

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #59
Telanos — I wasn't bagging West Coast, I was just praising Sydney. West Coast did play well, I won't deny it, but Sydney just played better.

Djur — No.

--------------------

Polaris
Shock Trooper
Member # 565
Profile #60
It's about time Sydney won again :P
great match but I thought there was going to be a full on brawl before the whistle even blew to start the game. If the crows couldn't be there to win I'm glad it went to Sydney

--------------------
If there is no light at the end of the tunnel, stride down there and turn the damm thing on yourself!

people often tell me i've lost my mind, but i tell them i have to have one to lose it!

lions and tigers and bears, oh my!

Pages