"Blades of Geneforge"

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: "Blades of Geneforge"
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #50
Well, I'll get GF4 when it comes out, so I can see if Jeff actually does stop using the same plot for the series. I'd even be open to buying BoG if people actually designed for it, but BoG's potential depends on what Jeff does with GF4, IMHO.

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #51
It really should be called "Shades of Geneforge".

--------------------
It is not enough to discover how things seem to seem. We must discover how things really seem.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 6102
Profile #52
Instead of making another Avernum or Geneforge game, Jeff Vogel really should make a brand new series that doesn't use the same graphics as either series. That probably would spark more interest with a lot of gamers.

Off topic thing, but these boards should have a Geneforge trilogy board instead of them being all seperate, like with the Avernum Trilogy board.

--------------------
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies in the heart of mankind." -Edward D. Morrison
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #53
I'll combine them when GF3 traffic slows down to a level comparable to the other two boards, like I did for the Avernum games.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #54
it kinda gets boring when u got "blades of exile and blades of avernum"so a blades of geneforge probably woulldnt b a big hit

--------------------
Visit the RIFQ Forums
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #55
How does it get boring?

I'd have fun with a BoG, but not much hope for custom graphics.

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #56
Apart from graphics, and a potential problem with the real-time element of GF, BoG wouldn't be harder to use than BoE or BoA. And the scenario's wouldn't have to continue the story line, they would just have to take place in the GF world. They wouldn't necessarily have to continue the story.

And I for one don't see that as a problem. After all, GF fans will buy it. They will want to see more of the world that they already have an interest in. And it'll be shareware, so if it is awful, we won't have to buy it!

--------------------
"I am a living sign..."

Thus endeth this post.

Pages