I will be gone some time

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: I will be gone some time
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #0
I am going on holiday to Spain for a few weeks. I might have time to post tomorrow but I don't think so. I'm going to go through Pamelona, Santiago de Compostella and generally al of northern Spain and Portugal. I hope we get through Pampelona before they let the bulls stampede! ;)
Try and keep TM's monikers topic from dying out while I'm gone! :D

Bye!

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
Visit CSM !!! And this site is just great! Wow! Did you know what the answer to the gretest question ever is ?
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #1
have fun and bring some tomatoes for me!

--------------------
Thralni's almighty Avernum pages: My webpage, containing scenario's and graphics made by me (And maybe someday the homepage of the almighty chicken gods).

Click here for more information on Olga's fortune teller kiosk

Olga's fortune teller kiosk has been temporarily closed down, but you can contact the prophet with a PM - Was signed by the prophet of the almighty chicken gods, gods of everything that is a chicken.

Work has begun on the Nephilian grammar and vocabulary guide!
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #2
Yes, be sure and have fun! We'll be here.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #3
TM's moniker topic will never die, unfortunately. Have a great time in sunny Spain.

To all, for future reference: Unless you're actively involved in something like an RP or you're Drakey (sometimes even if you're Drakey), we don't need a topic telling us when you are leaving, when you will return, or any of the associated info. A post or two in existing topics and maybe some well-placed PMs will do nicely. Not that we don't care about your summer vacation schedule (to be honest, Spain genuinely interests me), but we don't need a new topic about it.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #4
Have fun, JadeWolf! I'll mind your forum while your gone.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #5
It's a variation on a Scorpius suggestion, which ought to give it some added cachet, but it could be worth sticking a link at the top of the forum with suggested posting guidelines (I'm sure somebody can draft something in half an hour) and possibly a few extra links for people who want to introduce themselves to the community, or express their beliefs on which game is best, or post pictures of their cat, or try to link us to goatse or any one of a million other things.

I don't mean a sticky, because UBB can't do that. I mean something like we used to have on Misc. If nothing else, Mr T would approve.

--------------------
Voice of Reasonable Morality
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #6
Adios, senior Jade. Bese a una chica bonita mientras usted está allí.

*rocía TM con amor*

[ Monday, July 04, 2005 04:32: Message edited by: Jewels of the Forest ]

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
Originally written by Unpleasantness for its Own Sake:

I don't mean a sticky, because UBB can't do that. I mean something like we used to have on Misc. If nothing else, Mr T would approve.
You mean like "ADOS IS A ..."?

That didn't go so well last time...

:P

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by Jewels of the Forest:

*rocía TM con el amor*

may I have a translation?

--------------------
Thralni's almighty Avernum pages: My webpage, containing scenario's and graphics made by me (And maybe someday the homepage of the almighty chicken gods).

Olga's fortune teller kiosk has been temporarily closed down, but you can contact the prophet with a PM - Was signed by the prophet of the almighty chicken gods, gods of everything that is a chicken.

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #9
quote:
Originally written by Thralni:

quote:

*rocía TM con el amor*

Goodbye, Mr. Jade (JadeWolf?). Kiss a pretty girl while you're there.

*sprinkles TM with the love*

IMAGE(http://justinsomnia.org/images/i_will_use_google_before_asking_dumb_questions.jpg)

Google is your friend. At least for short translations like this.

--------------------
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #10
quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar. You Owe it to the Door.:

Just posting to say that I find this phrase profoundly unsettling.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #11
I am hoping Google messed up that sentence. Indeed, it does sound horribly unsettling...

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #12
According to http://www.freetranslation.com it says *it sprinkles TM with the love*.

[ Monday, July 04, 2005 00:50: Message edited by: Spring ]
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #13
I'm gone for two and a half hours! In another 20 minutes, I embark on the terribly thrilling endeavor known to most as a Linear Algebra examinations - meet matrices, linear transformations, 3d-planes, infinite-dimensional vectors and linear equation systems. YAY! :)

Or OH NOES!, which might be more appropriate. :eek:

There is no real point to this post, but then again that is quite in line with most of General.

--------------------
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #14
quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar. You Owe it to the Door.:

quote:
Originally written by Thralni:

quote:

*rocía TM con el amor*

Goodbye, Mr. Jade (JadeWolf?). Kiss a pretty girl while you're there.

IMAGE(http://justinsomnia.org/images/i_will_use_google_before_asking_dumb_questions.jpg)

Google is your friend. At least for short translations like this.

*grin* Do you really think I'm going to look at google? I'm much to lazy for that! :P

--------------------

Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #15
Spain's okay, I guess. A little too warm for me, though. I guess that's just the UK climate conditioning me to be used to the cold, though. Or maybe I'm just secretly a big reptile, in disguise...

It is often better to not announce your comings and goings. For a start, if you're the sort that comes and goes, alot, you look like a wanton river troll. Also, if mods and admins announced their comings and goings, you'd know you'd see... interesting topics pop-up.

Everyone loves Google and since when was it strange that Jewels was truly, madly and rather deeply infatuated with TM and his paedophilic ways?

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #16
Tisk, tisk. You all have very dirty minds!

Never confuse my love for TM to be anything other than platonic esteem. You tarnish it by the very thought! I just get bored of expressing it the same way all the time. I tried to *smother* as I usually do but could only find 'sufoca' which does not sound quite as nice at all. *Sprinkles* was my alternative but I am certainly not implying to sprinkle what your naughty, naughty minds have come up with. If love has any form at all, it is in that of pixie dust, of course.

I usually say it much less, so it's not as noticable. I suppose my recent 'loving' spree has been spurred on by his absence. I was already suffering withdrawal before I got back, and now I must wait longer. So you suffer along with me having to read my overcompensation... Just my way of saying I know he's not as bad as others say he is. With the recent flurry of attacks I feel compelled...

Don't try to understand me, it will only confuse you more. :P

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #17
quote:

Don't try to understand me, it will only confuse you more. :P
With any Spiderweb member, this is pretty much a given.

Oh, and I'm back from my brief absence. The exam went well. After this, I'm leaving on what could be an absence until the weekend (though it'll likely be only tomorrow), so bye everyone! :D

--------------------
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #18
Not to sound like I have a stick inserted in a certain orifice or anything, but Thralni, please edit long quotes like that down to the specific part to which you are responding.

I'm still a bit wary about the whole sprinkling of love thing...

Aran, I don't know more about it, but I'd appreciate it if you could let me know when you do.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #19
Jewels (must you have a different moniker on each board?), sometimes you disturb me a little.

And sometimes you disturb me a LOT. :eek:

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #20
Sprinkling carries a very different connotation in Spanish.

Really.

Okay, not really, but the mind shies away from the love sprinkling.

—Alorael, who will not make puns about joyas and familia. Not at all.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #21
quote:
Originally written by Lady Davida:

Not to sound like I have a stick inserted in a certain orifice or anything, but Thralni, please edit long quotes like that down to the specific part to which you are responding.

I'm still a bit wary about the whole sprinkling of love thing...

Aran, I don't know more about it, but I'd appreciate it if you could let me know when you do.

Dave, the Interim is at the usual place. http://fritze.leukefeld.com/forums/index.php

--------------------
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #22
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Jewels (must you have a different moniker on each board?), sometimes you disturb me a little.

And sometimes you disturb me a LOT. :eek:

You complain about my monikers? I feel I have been reasonably consistent considering some on this board. :P

I would expect to disturb you with my worldview. The problem here is people tend to equate love with sex when they are quite seperate. One can have sex with someone they don't love and one can most deffinately love someone they never intend to have sex with. Agape love, it is pure of all intentions, unconditional and complete.

--------------------

Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #23
You are quite far wide of the mark of why you disturb me. Quite far.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #24
Well, my expecting you to be disturbed by me emcompasses more then what I stated, but speculating on all the reasons I might disturb you would take a very long time. As much of an attention whore as I am, I wish not to scrutinize myself that much at this time. ;)

--------------------

Pages