In only 139 days.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: In only 139 days.
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #50
Who isn't? :D

--------------------
I stop rubber at 160km/h, five times a week.
CANUCKS
RESPEK!
My Style
The Knight Between Posts.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #51
Females, most likely. While Dolphins 'cat-like' posts are sometimes distracting ( :P ), that wasn't the case this time. Some other, more distracting things were happening.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #52
Alo, quit trolling. :P

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #53
I'm not trolling, I'm spamming. Learn the difference.

—Alorael, who may indeed be yesterday's pants. He is now today's trousers. And he just might be tomorrow's kilt!
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #54
*shudders* Lets hope its not a windy day. :P

--------------------

Polaris
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #55
quote:
Originally written by You may address me as:

I'm not trolling, I'm spamming. Learn the difference.

—Alorael, who may indeed be yesterday's pants. He is now today's trousers. And he just might be tomorrow's kilt!

I'm trying to think of a Scottish joke, but don't know any. Ah well. :P

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #56
Heres one, taken from this site:

Ther A young Scottish lad and lass were sitting on a low stone wall,holding hands, gazing out over the loch. For several minutes they sat silently.
Then finally the girl looked at the boy and said, "A penny for your thoughts, Angus."
"Well, uh, I was thinkin'...perhaps it's aboot time for a wee kiss."
The girl blushed, then leaned over and kissed him lightly on the cheek.
Then he blushed. The two turned once again to gaze out over the loch.
Minutes passed and the girl spoke again. "Another penny for your thoughts, Angus." "Well, uh, I was thinkin' perhaps it's noo time aboot time for a wee cuddle."
The girl blushed, then leaned over and cuddled him for a few seconds.
Then he blushed. Then the two turned once again to gaze out over the loch.
After a while, she again said, "Another penny for your thoughts, Angus."
"Well, uh, I was thinkin' perhaps it's aboot time you let me put my hand
on your leg."
The girl blushed, then took his hand and put it on her knee. Then he blushed. The the two turned once again to gaze out over the lock before the girl spoke again.
"Another penny for your thoughts, Angus."
The young man glanced down with a furled brow. "Well,noo," he said, "my thoughts are a wee bit more serious this time."
"Really?" said the lass in a whisper, filled with anticipation.
"Aye," said the lad, nodding.
The girl looked away in shyness, began to blush, and bit her lip in anticipation of the ultimate request.
Then he said, "Dae ye nae think it's aboot time ye paid me the first
three pennies?"

Sorry to all the Scots out there.

[ Wednesday, June 29, 2005 21:24: Message edited by: Spring ]

--------------------

Polaris
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #57
Spring, this is as good a moment as any to ask you to shorten your signature. Empty lines are unnecessary and clutter up space without actually having content.

quote:
A VOTE FOR SPRING IS A VOTE FOR THE LITTLE GUY!
Spring sends his regards...
Don't steal, the government hates competition!
"Life is funny, and you can quote me on that." --Trevor Marmalade.
Mugglenet -- The ULTIMATE Harry Potter Site.
Polaris -- A great forum
J.K Rowling's website -- All your Harry Potter needs, straight from the Threstral's mouth!
I will win, Archmagi Micael. Don't worry.
Even that would be acceptable, even though you should get rid of some of that. It's a signature, not an essay...

--------------------
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #58
Where the hell are you talking about?! It began with a picture of a wood, and now its... Um.. its... So what's it about?

--------------------
Thralni's almighty Avernum pages: My webpage, containing scenario's and graphics made by me (And maybe someday the homepage of the almighty chicken gods).

Click here for more information on Olga's fortune teller kiosk

Olga's fortune teller kiosk has been temporarily closed down, but you can contact the prophet with a PM - Was signed by the prophet of the almighty chicken gods, gods of everything that is a chicken.

Work has begun on the Nephilian grammar and vocabulary guide!
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #59
Aye, lad, tat was meh a good joke yeh posted. Brin' meh more sometime, laughes art good fer yer.

Aye, mate! It woulst seem like I have become a dreadfel scot, again'!

--------------------
So, as the great Groxy, I have come back to be served by goblins. In the "main hall" of the goblin cave was a large totem which resembled very much of... me.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #60
It was a celebratory thread about Dolphin's 1000th post. Now it is not.

Aran, I guess your right; it was time for a change. I guess now it should be better.

EDIT: Fixed.

[ Thursday, June 30, 2005 04:04: Message edited by: Spring ]

--------------------

Polaris
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #61
quote:
Originally written by Thralni:

Where the hell are you talking about?! It began with a picture of a wood, and now its... Um.. its... So what's it about?
This is about Spiderweb, my friend. Welcome. Leave your sanity at the door. :)

--------------------
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #62
Um... What sanity? What's door? How can I make my head come loos, so I can play soccer with it?

Are these remarks stupid enough so you'lle let me in and I wil be able to know what you are talking about?

--------------------
Thralni's almighty Avernum pages: My webpage, containing scenario's and graphics made by me (And maybe someday the homepage of the almighty chicken gods).

Olga's fortune teller kiosk has been temporarily closed down, but you can contact the prophet with a PM - Was signed by the prophet of the almighty chicken gods, gods of everything that is a chicken.

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #63
quote:
Originally written by Thralni:

Um... What sanity? What's door? How can I make my head come loos, so I can play soccer with it?

Are these remarks stupid enough so you'lle let me in and I wil be able to know what you are talking about?

There is no sanity, and there is no door. Your head is already loose, you must merely free your mind enough to perceive it. We cannot let you in; you can only let yourself in: With time, you will understand what we say, and it will be the outside world that is perplexingly irrational. Then, you will know enlightenment.

--------------------
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #64
OK, you win. Those remarks were definitely above my normal power of thinking (which can be high). Are you a priest or something?

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #65
Can you spell 'sarcasm'? :P

Edit: Also, it's "Marvin, the manically depressed robot".

[ Thursday, June 30, 2005 04:40: Message edited by: Vote Arancaytar ]

--------------------
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #66
Yes, I can, but it sounded so serious, that... You know the hitch hikers guide to the galaxy! I read the book and saw one part of the series. I found it very funny (especially that wale somewher in the book, and the big computer).

--------------------

...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #67
Also, "manically depressed" isn't really the right term in this case anyway; so far as I can recall from having read the books, Marvin never showed signs of mania. (Besides, the preferred term for what used to be called "manic depression" is "bipolar disorder" anyway.)

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #68
I'm absolutly sure in the book, marvin is called a manically depressed robot. He also behaves like own. he all the time sais he is feeling depressed, and after that asks if he isn't getting someone down, because he really wouldn't want to do that.
No. he quite definitely is called a manically depresed robot.

--------------------

Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #69
He's also known as Marvin the Paranoid Android.

Correction: Marvin does in fact describe himself as manically depressed:

(HHGTTG, opening of chapter 19)
"Are we taking this robot with us?" said Ford, looking with distaste at Marvin...
"Oh, the Paranoid Android," [Zaphod] said. "Yeah, we'll take him."
"But what are you supposed to do with a manically depressed robot?"
"You think you've got problems," said Marvin as if he was addressing a newly occupied coffin, "what are you supposed to do if you are a manically depressed robot?"

[ Thursday, June 30, 2005 05:18: Message edited by: Micawber ]

--------------------
Everything I know about the Avernum Trilogy: [ A1 | A2 | A3 ]
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #70
I think Thralni is taking my bad habit to post every time someone else post. The difference is that he does it more often and that he does not realize it. Thralni, let the others get a chance to post every once in a while or else you will get CANNED. This applies to myself too.

--------------------
So, as the great Groxy, I have come back to be served by goblins. In the "main hall" of the goblin cave was a large totem which resembled very much of... me.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #71
I'm sorry for doing that, but as I was on monday and wednesday all day not at home, I kind'a felt I needed it.

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #72
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

Also, "manically depressed" isn't really the right term in this case anyway; so far as I can recall from having read the books, Marvin never showed signs of mania. (Besides, the preferred term for what used to be called "manic depression" is "bipolar disorder" anyway.)
He is at least at one point called manically depressed by Arthur. I think it's while they are sitting on the surface of Magrathea guarding the entrance to the caves the others are exploring (no, I don't have the book here right now).

Also, Thralni, it's spelled "manically".

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #73
quote:
Originally written by Eagle, the author soul:

I think it is time to post again. I have to respond every time someone else posts. But unlike Thralni, I realize I'm doing this, so it's okay. As long as I look inconspicuous, I'm not going to get canned.
FYT :P

Edit:

Double posts are okay when you are quoting two different people. It's not really the ideal form, but heads are supposedly not to be ripped off for it.

[ Thursday, June 30, 2005 06:27: Message edited by: Vote Arancaytar ]

--------------------
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #74
quote:
Originally written by Vote Arancaytar:

Also, Thralni, it's spelled "manically".

You know, maybe its just me being nervous because of a concert I have tonight, but would you PLEASE stop correcting each others posts. I don't say this because I spelled it wrong, but... well, maybe i'm just nervous. I don't want to insult people, but I'm really getting tired of this "correcting-mania" that has started here.

--------------------

Pages