Just because :)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Just because :)
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #25
Aix-la-Chapelle. Or Aquisgrán. Or Aquisgrana. Or Aken. A city with that many names can only be good news. :)

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #26
quote:
Originally written by if moniker == dall OR din:

New South Wales - if you don't know where that is, you're most likely an American (no offense) or from somewhere equally isolated from the rest of the world. Either way, you should learn.
I agree that people should learn. However, if most of the rest of the world doesn't know where New South Wales is, who's isolated?

I live in Arlington, Virginia, but work (and usually post) from downtown Washington, DC. My heart, however, is in Kentucky.
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #27
South Wales? Isn't that place located in Britain?

--------------------
So, as the great Groxy, I have come back to be served by goblins. In the "main hall" of the goblin cave was a large totem which resembled very much of... me.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #28
New South Wales is in Australia.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #29
Home Counties, England. On the border between apathetic, urbanised heck and opinionated, self-righteous "paradise".

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #30
quote:
Originally written by An Upright stranger:

Can't you use someone else's address to get the card?
Yea, I just make my friend get books out for me. But I barely ever get books out I just thought it was stupid to not let me get it for free, when my friend who lives not even 2 kms away gets it for free.

Also I have to say that rugby at the moments a little sad...Come on, the NZ vs. Fiji was 91-0. And then the NZ maori team beat the Lions who were supposed to be really good. I mean the Maori team is good but it isnt our national team and shouldn't be that good
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #31
Well, the PIs don't have a chance until they get money to hold on to their players, and that's not gonna happen anytime soon. And without frequent games, they can't even support the players they have now, most of whom aren't good enough to play in the Super 14.

And that was the B Lions out there against the Maori. The A Lions are playing Wellington, and I think they're gonna show all their skills in that one. The All Blacks aren't going to be able to just show up, play anything like the way they did against Fiji, and beat the Lions. They played a lot of bad rugby, you know: 50-50 passes, running from deep in their 22, too many chips etc. I think that they should have at least scored 100 in that game, the fact that they couldn't worried me. And, late in the game, the ABs let things slide: not only could they not post a century, but they almost gave up some completely undeserved points to Fiji. They can't slack off against the Lions, they are too good a team to be able to do that against them.

[ Tuesday, June 14, 2005 00:01: Message edited by: An Upright stranger ]

--------------------
I'm tired of the strain and the pain ___ ___ ___ I feel the same, I feel nothing
Nothing is important to me ___ ___ ___ ___ __ And nobody nowhere understands anything
About me and all my dreams lost at sea ___ __ But we’re not the same, we’re different tonight
We’ll make things right, we’ll feel it all tonight _ The indescribable moments of your life tonight
The impossible is possible tonight ___ ____ ___ Believe in me as I believe in you, tonight

Go All Blacks xtraMSN Rugby _ MuggleNet
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #32
Interesting theory. Trouble is it that good though they are on paper, the Lions come from the British Isles. We're not great at reliability.

--------------------
Voice of Reasonable Morality
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #33
Knowing our luck the All Blacks will play poorly for that game because their over confident and lose 30-10 or something. But if all goes well it should be an interesting and relativly even match.
Shock Trooper
Member # 1546
Profile Homepage #34
Port Lincoln. Thats where the rich tuna horse-owning guy lives. And there is a K-Mart in Port Lincoln. And they catch fish there. And the aborigines drink petrol there. And the crime rate and unemployment rate is high there.

I am not a big fan of regional centres, albeit coastal ones, sorry dreamqueen. Adelaide for me.

--------------------
A Sucaran Child is standing here.
You say, "hello"
The small child looks at Preserver Aldous wide-eyed and awed.
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #35
I don't know, BtI, we've not been doing badly at the cricket, the last couple of years and the way the season has started this year, it looks like another good year.

Admittedly, the Rugby Union world cup or whatever it was that we won, a while back, was probably mostly just a good year and a one-off.

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #36
I never bet against Australia in cricket, and even though Marcus is tha man, now isn't the time to change.

And England? They deserved to win, even though Australia played really bad. One of the few moments in rugby that one player can conquer the world.

--------------------
I'm tired of the strain and the pain ___ ___ ___ I feel the same, I feel nothing
Nothing is important to me ___ ___ ___ ___ __ And nobody nowhere understands anything
About me and all my dreams lost at sea ___ __ But we’re not the same, we’re different tonight
We’ll make things right, we’ll feel it all tonight _ The indescribable moments of your life tonight
The impossible is possible tonight ___ ____ ___ Believe in me as I believe in you, tonight

Go All Blacks xtraMSN Rugby _ MuggleNet
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #37
I live in Tammela. By the way, it would be fun to know how you pronounce it.

--------------------
Somebody PLEASE turn the heat on.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #38
quote:
Originally written by Ash Lael:

Aussies - Could we get a bit more detailed than just state? Our states are freaking huge, and I'd like a bit more precise idea of where everyone is.

Ok. I live in Warrnambool, which is in the south-west of Victoria. It is located about 3 and a half hours drive from Melbourne, and about 6 hours from Adelaide. We have a good city, as it is not overly populated (30 - 32,000 people). We are home to Australias longest racing steeplechase, the Warrnambool Grand Annual.

Thats about as much detail as I can give you.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #39
I live in France, and lived in Ireland until 3 years ago in Ireland.

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
Visit CSM !!! And this site is just great! Wow! Did you know what the answer to the gretest question ever is ?
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #40
quote:
Originally written by JadeWolf:

... which was five years ago in France, because of the shorter work week. :P

--------------------
It is not enough to discover how things seem to seem. We must discover how things really seem.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 565
Profile #41
Written by Kuc

Port Lincoln. Thats where the rich tuna horse-owning guy lives. And there is a K-Mart in Port Lincoln. And they catch fish there. And the aborigines drink petrol there. And the crime rate and unemployment rate is high there.

I am not a big fan of regional centres, albeit coastal ones, sorry dreamqueen. Adelaide for me.

- Yep your a city person right to the bone :P
only everytime I go to Adelaide I get lost!!! Especially trying to get to Crydon park from Heaven :D

--------------------
If there is no light at the end of the tunnel, stride down there and turn the damm thing on yourself!

people often tell me i've lost my mind, but i tell them i have to have one to lose it!

lions and tigers and bears, oh my!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #42
quote:
Originally written by Student of Trinity:

quote:
Originally written by JadeWolf:

... which was five years ago in France, because of the shorter work week. :P

This message was brought to you by the department of superfluous redundancy department which brought you this message. ;)

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #43
Do EU animal cruelty laws not cover the flogging of dead horses? How about basic decency?

--------------------
Voice of Reasonable Morality

Pages