ROLL CALL

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: ROLL CALL
Shock Trooper
Member # 4214
Profile #50
Manioc, or manihot esculenta, is the fourth most important food in the world, primarily eaten in Africa. It is also known to cause conzo, or the ailment of tied legs, which impairs the function of the joints of the knees.

[ Wednesday, June 15, 2005 10:01: Message edited by: Inferior ]
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #51
Okay, now that that's cleared up, I do have one very small, but possibly significant question. Other than posterity, post count and being random, is there an actual point to this topic or is it doomed to random meandering or moderational justice? If yes, what teh bleep was it?

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio
Shock Trooper
Member # 1546
Profile Homepage #52
boobies. this topic is definitely about boobies.

--------------------
A Sucaran Child is standing here.
You say, "hello"
The small child looks at Preserver Aldous wide-eyed and awed.
Warrior
Member # 5389
Profile #53
You expect anything to actually have a point?!? Sheesh!

;) :P

--------------------
Reports of my demise are extremely accurate. And I AM the clone
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #54
Clearly, the point of this thread is the utter lack of one.

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #55
I'll just have to say that anyone currently experiencing any problem at all with mouse stickiness and frustration needs an optical one. Now. They work like a charm. My old mouse used to stick all the time and even just quit working sometimes. Then I got an optical and haven't experience any problems since. It's great!

It's also cool to have that colorful illuminated mouse bottom, too. ;)

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #56
Do not get an economic optical mouse. I got one and it's precision is worthless. And if you clean your roll-mouse frequently and learn to move it properly you will not experience any problems.

--------------------
So, as the great Groxy, I have come back to be served by goblins. In the "main hall" of the goblin cave was a large totem which resembled very much of... me.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #57
Do keep in mind that the reliability of an optical mouse depends heavily on what surface you're mousing on. I find that a bare table usually works better than a mouse pad, especially if the mouse pad has a glossy plastic cover or a lot of symbols on it.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Infiltrator
Member # 1886
Profile #58
Do not forget those of us with wireless optical mice. We sometimes have to change the batteries, so it isn't entirely maintenance free. Of course, the fact that I can use my mouse without any annoying cords getting in the way is rather nice.

--------------------
"My blood cries out for the vengeance of my people's blood, which can only be repaid with twice as much blood! Or maybe three times as much blood! Like, if you went to hell and it was full of blood, and that blood was on fire, and it was raining blood, then maybe THAT would be enough blood. But, uh... probably not." - Blood Mage, WC III

Some cool WoT art here

Nono! Bad Surfer!!

This is it, The Document That no Evil Overlord can do Without
Posts: 505 | Registered: Saturday, September 14 2002 07:00
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #59
If you don't like cords getting in the way, go for a trackball. No worrying about cords, requires less space, and is not as bad for your wrist.

[ Wednesday, June 15, 2005 22:13: Message edited by: Zeviz ]

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #60
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

Do keep in mind that the reliability of an optical mouse depends heavily on what surface you're mousing on. I find that a bare table usually works better than a mouse pad, especially if the mouse pad has a glossy plastic cover or a lot of symbols on it.
My mouse pad works great, but then again, it's not glossy but soft.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #61
Aye, I use a wireless, on the basis that I sit so far back from the PC. Other than keeping a spare set of batteries around and charging the old ones up when they need it, it's pretty great and much more fun than my old cord 'n' ball.

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #62
The first optical mouse I used was the one that came with my IMac. What a improvement from the ball mouse, but I don't really mind the cord.

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #63
I spent many years cleaning accumulated gunk out of ball mice, including the whimsical hockey-puck creation that came with my first-generation iMac. When I got my eMac last summer, it came with the first optical mouse I've ever used, and I'm eternally grateful for it.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #64
But the actual little rolling ball things from inside the old friction mice? They're great. Rubberized ball bearings, or something. They're heavy, and roll very well, and would surely choke you to death if you ate one, because a Heimlich manoeuvre vigorous enough to dislodge that much mass would kill you by blunt force trauma. I wish I had had them when I was a kid.

--------------------
It is not enough to discover how things seem to seem. We must discover how things really seem.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00

Pages