Are You Stupid?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Are You Stupid?
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #0
"Are you one of those people that get called stupid all the time just because you put a cat in the microwave once (hey, it's not like it's in the manual right?) or don't know when World War two ended?" Well take the test and find out how stupid you are!

Stupid

--------------------
I stop rubber at 160km/h, five times a week.
CANUCKS
RESPEK!
My Style
The Knight Between Posts.
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #1
quote:
Truly moronic

It's not the worst result achievable with this test, but it's still pretty stupid. Don't feel bad though, at least you can say 10 to 15 percent of all the people who took this test are more stupid than you. Sad part is some 80 percent can say the same about you.
Tough break huh stupid?
Wow. :eek: :eek: :eek:

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #2
quote:
Originally written by *T*O*E*N*A*I*L*:

quote:
Truly moronic

It's not the worst result achievable with this test, but it's still pretty stupid. Don't feel bad though, at least you can say 10 to 15 percent of all the people who took this test are more stupid than you. Sad part is some 80 percent can say the same about you.
Tough break huh stupid?
Wow. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Me to

--------------------
Why are you reading this ?
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #3
I got "Truly Moronic" too. And some of those questions aren't phrased right, have two answers, and so on. It isn't a very good test.

--------------------
I HAVE LOCATED MY CAPS LOCK KEY AND FEEL YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT!
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #4
Mine said “Not Stupid”, and being that the questions were stupid I'm not too excited.

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #5
Average dumbass

You're an average dumbass. The good part here is that you're average (it could be worse), but the bad part is that it's at being a dumbass.
It's not much to brag about actually. Well maybe in your case it is.

Hm... that's unpleasant. Not good when the question just fades out halfway through, though... I think whoever made that must've been somewhere around moronic.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Infiltrator
Member # 5576
Profile Homepage #6
That test is definitely one of the dumbest creations I have encountered on the internet. (Though I do mostly avoid such things)
I find it curious that the test will happily announce that you are average if among other things you tell it that you can explain the theory of relativity.

--------------------
Überraschung des Dosenöffners!
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #7
quote:
Originally written by Niemand:

That test is definitely one of the dumbest creations I have encountered on the internet. (Though I do mostly avoid such things)
I find it curious that the test will happily announce that you are average if among other things you tell it that you can explain the theory of relativity.

I agree with you, though I got "Truly Moronic" too. so you shouldn't listen to me
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #8
Please explain clearly, succinctly, and in terms that can be understood without an extensive background in physics, Einstein's General Theory of Relativity.

People trying to make a career out of this, please stay away. Thuryl, please stay away also. We know that you can not only explain it but probably point out all the misunderstandings we are likely to commit.

—Alorael, who doesn't need a test to tell him that he's stupid. He's smart enough to make the diagnosis for himself.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #9
quote:
Originally written by Pre-Flattened:

People trying to make a career out of this, please stay away. Thuryl, please stay away also.
Does this also exclude me? I am not intending to be a professional physicist, but somehow I think I've become a subset of Thuryl in people's minds.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #10
I got Average Dumass. They said:

You're an average dumbass. The good part here is that you're average (it could be worse), but the bad part is that it's at being a dumbass.

I put 'a bit' for being able to explain Einsteins theory of relavtivity. I can, kind of.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #11
I claimed I could, which is probably what raised my score. I can comprehend it, but I would not be able to explain it very well, and would likely look foolish if I tried.

A side not: If no one else answers it, or even if they do, I would like to hear Thuryl's explanation.

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #12
A brief explanation.

After reading it, I decided not to bother tryin to explain it, so I will, like Dolphin, wait until some one else does. Then I will know.

--------------------

Polaris
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #13
quote:
I got Average Dumass.
Misspelling "dumbass" doesn't exactly help your case.

As regards relativity:

http://www.muppetlabs.com/~breadbox/txt/al.html

Einstein's theories of relativity explained entirely in words of four letters or less.

(The above isn't really a simple explanation; you need a basic grounding in physics to figure out what it's even talking about. It's still fun if you can make sense of it, though.)

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #14
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

somehow I think I've become a subset of Thuryl in people's minds.
How this could ever come close to happening is entirely beyond me.

--------------------
人 た ち を 燃 え る た め に 俺 は か れ ら に 火 を 上 げ る か ら 死 ん だ
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #15
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

quote:
I got Average Dumass.
Misspelling "dumbass" doesn't exactly help your case.

It was a typo.

EDIT: Fixed the quote.

[ Sunday, May 29, 2005 21:59: Message edited by: I Sprung the Spring ]

--------------------

Polaris
Warrior
Member # 5823
Profile #16
I can't believe I wasted my time with this thing.
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #17
I am truly moronic, but that I knew already...

--------------------
Somebody PLEASE turn the heat on.
Apprentice
Member # 5666
Profile #18
Truly Moronic. Ahhh... I thought I went ok. :{
Explains why I got a UG on my math exam, and chase squirrels.

--------------------
"I died. Give me a lot of money." -Guybrush Threepwood

\m/(O_o)\m/
Agent
Member # 1104
Profile Homepage #19
Average Dumbass was my rating.

quote:
Up to how long can a pig's orgasm last?
Interesting question, and even more interesting was the fact that I had just read about it on a "random useless facts" page yesterday.

--------------------
Austrian Alex - Reality Corp.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #20
Average dumbass

Oh well.

Theory of relativity = all motion is not motion unless it's measured relative to something and light travels at the same speed relative to anything and everything. My best explanation.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #21
quote:

somehow I think I've become a subset of Thuryl in people's minds.
I've decided to give in. :(
quote:
Originally written by 4.808 x 10^3:

Theory of relativity = all motion is not motion unless it's measured relative to something and light travels at the same speed relative to anything and everything. My best explanation.
The first part doesn't really have to do with Einsteinian relativity (it's Newtonian), and the second is not quite correct.

Also, neither of those statements include General Relativity, which has to do with accelerated motion.

[ Monday, May 30, 2005 08:33: Message edited by: Thurylandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #22
Having just gotten through trying to explain General Relativity to non-physics-majors for money, I am happy to be left out of this challenge. It would be so nice to have a senior year class of physics majors who would be interested in doing it right, and actually understanding the subject, rather than just absorbing some half-assed caricature.

Of course most of what I think I know is also a half-assed caricature of some sort. That's the nature of knowledge. But it's just so very hard to figure out how to make the best possible caricatures, and right now I'm tired of the effort. Purism can be such a relief.

--------------------
It is not enough to discover how things seem to seem. We must discover how things really seem.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #23
quote:

... somehow I think I've become a subset of Thuryl in people's minds.
quote:
Originally written by Thurylandon:

I've decided to give in. :(

:( Oh, Kel! What have I done? Ashes over my head, feel so ashamed. At least I didn't mistake you for ... let's say ... Hawk King 2.
And how I can see you might even have taken it as a not so insulting confusion ^_^

--------------------
^ö^ vegetarians are sexy.
Warrior
Member # 4590
Profile #24
quote:
Please explain clearly, succinctly, and in terms that can be understood without an extensive background in physics, Einstein's General Theory of Relativity.
As succinct as you can get:
G_mu,nu = 8 pi T_mu,nu
G_mu,nu = R_mu,nu - 1/2 g_mu,nu R
:cool:

quote:

People trying to make a career out of this, please stay away. Thuryl, please stay away also. We know that you can not only explain it but probably point out all the misunderstandings we are likely to commit.
Well, you won't get the right answer from them! The sci.physics FAQ explains lots of this kind of stuff, and a lot more.

--------------------
I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversation.
- George Bernard Shaw

Pages