The Spatula Of Arthritis

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: The Spatula Of Arthritis
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #0
OOC: The boards seemed somewhat slow and it has been a bit since the last RP, so I thought I'd try my hand at one yet again.

---------------------------

IC: Korak trotted swiftly down the moonlit road. He knew his master was impatient to receive the package from his brother, Morimos the Enchanter, and he had little desire to carry the dangerous object any longer than he needed to. He didn't know what was inside the strange package, but he could feel the power of it through the box he carried. He hoped it was better than the last item. The Mug of Dandruff still gave him nightmares. As he tripped over a stone he couldn't help but wonder both why his master was always so eager for his brother's latest bizarre creation and how an idiot like Morimos had managed to get the knowledge and power to become an enchanter.

Loud rustling to the side of the road startled Korak out of his musings. As such rustlings were unlikely to be a good sign at this time of night on an isolated road, he increased his speed. The rustling continued and seemed to be keeping pace. Worried, Korak broke into a run. An ursag sprung out onto the road ahead of him. Panicked, he spun about and saw that 3 large bears had come out onto the road behind him. Having no other choice, Korak started to dive into the forest to his left, but found himself facing a second ursag. Thinking that he might be able to use the enchanted object to defend himself he quickly began to undo the box’s bindings, but didn’t have time to finish before his head was snapped off in monstrous jaws. The box fell, unnoticed by the feasting ursagi, to the side of the road where it waited for the next passer-by…

--------------------
Take the Personality Test! INTJ 100% 75% 100% 44%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
www.Keirsey.com for personality information.
The Sloganizer! "Swing your Archmage Alex."
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #1
ummm.......... well.............. hmmmmmm................

you said you are trying your hand again ? well i think you are pretty good better than me at any rate ;)

[ Monday, May 16, 2005 17:59: Message edited by: Hawk King ]

--------------------
Why are you reading this ?
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #2
OOC: I've tried once or twice before, but they fizzled out. I'm hoping this one will do better. Also, please try to avoid posting that doesn't actually pertain to the story. Feel free to join though. Perhaps I'll add a bit more direction to the story.

---------------------

IC: Rummel the mage stomped angrily down the road. As though Yorken the Sorcerer didn't make him suffer enough indignities back at the tower, now he was being sent out into nowhere to locate errant apprentices! Occupied with dark imaginings of what he would like to do Yorken and what he was going to do Korak, he would have missed the box had he not tripped over it and fallen on his face.

“Curse you 9 ways to Wednesday!” Rummel shouted as he picked himself up and kicked the box over. He heard a rattling as the box bounced a few feet. Curious he decided to take a closer look. Upon inspection he found that it was sealed with the mark of Morimos. That half-wit apprentice must have lost the box on his return trip and been too frightened to return without it. As well he should be, Rummel reflected, Yorken wasn’t known for his understanding or forgiveness.

Struck with an idea, Rummel picked up the box. If he were to return with it himself he might actually get a little appreciation from his master and he wouldn’t have to worry about that annoying little upstart anymore either! As the box rattled a bit more Rummel was forced to wonder what was inside. He could feel the power of it even through the box. Half the bindings are already undone, what could it hurt to peek inside? Rummel thought. Besides, I can say I found it open and blame it on that idiot. He quickly finished opening the box.

As he lifted the lid he was both unsurprised and sorely disappointed. Was that a spatula? Why couldn’t that moron Morimos enchant normal things? Lifting it out of the box by the handle, Rummel quickly forgot his annoyance and disappointment. How had that enchanter put so much power into the thing! He could feel the power running through his entire body and he hadn’t even activated the utinsel yet! Perhaps before he returned to the tower he should try it out on the next traveler he saw...

[ Monday, May 16, 2005 18:41: Message edited by: Archmage Alex ]

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #3
Is this supposed to be open? Just wait until this afternoon and I'll take a closer look (class is starting in a few minutes)...

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #4
OOC: Do er have to provide charecter descriptions? If so, ignore the rest of this post...

--------------------------------------------------
IC: Rummel continued down the road with the spatula in one hand and the box in the other. He could see Yorkens tower in the distance, and was eager to find someone so he could test the spatuala. He kept walking...

He was humming a tune to himself some way down the path when he heard a rustling in the bushes, followed by some laughter. Excellent, Rummel thougt to himself, he could test it out. Rounding the bend, he saw one person running off, and the other staying where he was. As he got closer, Rummel saw that the person was a male about 30 years old, seemingly completely oblivious at the fact that a person was creeping up behind him with a spatula and a box. Quickly, the guy turned around, and Rummel saw that it was an apprentice who he vaugley remembered being called Sunder. He decided to test it out anyway, thinking that Sunder would be too scared to run. He advanced on Sunder, but dived out of the way just in time because Sunder, at that moment, said an incantation that Rummel new was flame.
OOC: Enjoy.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #5
OOC: Let's give this a try...

IC:
Sullust sat in the tree waiting for days for his prey to come along. When the creature finally did show, he slowly and silently shifted himself into position for the shot. However, before he could release the arrow, a loud shriek pierced the air and the beast got away.

Great, now I have to spend another five weeks chasing the Crimson Tear Wolf...and I can't reach lvl 5 without showing the guildmaster the fur.

With this in mind Sullust quickly climbed down the tree and ran in the direction he heard the cry come from. Whoever scared that animal away was going to get what they had coming to them...

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #6
OOC:I have this habit of revising and re-revising anything that I write. I just gotta add the details. So just don't mind me really, I do it for my own sake.

IC: Hannah's cry had not phazed the bandits in the least. The two ragged men had grabbed her and her bag and cared not how much noise she made at the moment. Not like there was anyone to hear her out in these dense woods.

"Let me go, you swine!", she pulled against the rough hands that had her arms held tight behind her back.

The men laughed as she fought with futility. Even if she could get away, she'd never out run the two with her current attire including a heavily layerd full length skirt.

"Now, let's have a looksee what's in 'dis here bag of yours..." The man who had her bag put it on the ground in front of her to go through it. Hanna watched helplessly as the bastard threw out all her finds for today. Her mushrooms, roots, berries and flowers that she had worked so hard to find now lay smashed and scattered around her feet. She tried to kick him but his partner was alert and harshly turned her about the other direction.

Hannah froze, as did her captor, as both of them observed the tip of an arrow, just three feet from Hannah's face set on a taunt bow held by the hand of a very angry man who stared squarely at her.

[ Tuesday, May 17, 2005 08:24: Message edited by: Gizmo ]

--------------------
Forever Always on Past the End

tracihedlund@charter.net[/url]
TrueSite for Blades - Blades Walkthroughs
Pixle Profusion - BoE Graphics Archive
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #7
He dares attack me! Rummel thought furiously as the flame passed overhead. Enraged beyond thought he leaped to feet, pointed the spatula at Sunder and shouted "Articulos!" A beam of red light shot from the spatula and hit Sunder. Instantly the apprentice found himself immobile, and with horrifying pain in all his joints.

Rummel was pleased, then confused. How had he known the activating word? His rage suddenly returned, banishing the thought. Here he was, a respectable mage, being sent out on petty errands and then attacked by a mere apprentice upon his return! Glancing at Sunder he found an outlet for his anger. Charging the apprentice he began savagely beating his paralyzed form with the spatula.

All became a red haze for Rummel then, after an indeterminate time, he suddenly snapped to clarity. Looking down at his feet he saw the bloodied, broken remains of Sunder. Horrified, Rummel staggered a few steps back. What had come over him? He hadn't meant to kill the fool. Looking to the side, he saw the other apprentice that had run up the road with a look of terror on his face. Panicking, Rummel tried to think of what to do. There was a witness! Before he could react, the apprentice dove into the woods and escaped. Rummel knew he couldn't catch the younger, more fit apprentice in the woods. The apprentice would surely be running back to the tower to alert Yorken.

Knowing what punishments he would recieve at Yorkens cruel hands, Rummel took off running away from the tower, not even realizing he still held the, now softly glowing, spatula in his hand.

[ Tuesday, May 17, 2005 10:45: Message edited by: Archmage Alex ]

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #8
OOC: Sunder died, I wasn't planning on that :( . Oh well.

IC: Luckily, Rummel had the advantage of being closer to the tower at the time. Howewever, he did not know how fast the other Apprentice could run. His mind flashed with possible consequenses for his actions, but he did have a reason: self defence. Sunder had attacked him first, Sunder had attacked him first. He kept saying them words as he sprinted along the path to the tower, now closer than ever.
Sunder had attacked him first.
He's nearly there.
Sunder had attacked him first.
All of a sudden, the Apprentice popped out of the bushes behind him, and shouted the kill spell at a place slightly to Rummels left. Rummel wheeled around to retaliate, then looked at where the Apprentice, who had a name tag on which said Marid, shot the spell. A Usrag fell to the ground with a loud bang...
OOC: See what you can make of that.

--------------------

Polaris
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #9
OOC: I guess I will try again at an RP. I will post a character description on request. His name will be
Deleterious (which means having a harmful effect).

IC:
A loud thud awoke Deleterious from his sleep. He climbed down from the tree he was sleeping in. Then, as if on command, white flames ignited from the back of his shoulder blades, his skinned grayed, his nails turned into claws and his teeth sharpened.

"A pox on the one who woke me!" he shouted.

He then proceeded to walk towards the source of the sound.

OOC: As a clarification, he is only completely human when he is in some kind of submission, and he uses no weapons aside from his hands, feet, teeth, etc. and the flames bursting from his shoulder blades (which are not devastating, but still painful).

And, if you'd prefer, I will make him a fire mage instead.

[ Tuesday, May 17, 2005 13:58: Message edited by: Manifestation of Benevolence ]

--------------------
*Blue screen error*
NONEXISTANT WINDOWS ERROR
Windows detects no current errors, so Windows has decided
to screw around with the files until one occurs.

If you never rise against your oppressor, then you've already lost.
-Zephyr Tempest, your personal entertainer
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #10
OOC: Hopefully this RP will do better than the others. The last successful one I remember was Lord Balthazar.

----

IC: Glen Byrel was not having a good day. He was not having a good week either, or month, or year, or life for that matter. Glen was constantly plagued with an empty pocket and bad luck. Glen had a habit of ending up with the wrong crowd, and was cursed with the impecable timing of one who shows up in the wrong place at the wrong time; constantly. Glen grew up in a city, pickpocketting for a living. Glen never knew his father, and his mother had died at an early age, forcing him to make it on his own. Life was hard, but, by some miracle or another, he made it through his childhood. After he grew up, honing his talents and being repeatedly arrested, Glen finally found a job at a Thieves Guild. Unfortunately, a few weeks after his employment, one of the Guildmasters was captured by the authorities and executed. The Guild blamed the newcomers for their travesty, claiming a spy had joined the ranks; Glen was lucky to escape with his life. After a few more years of petty thievery, Glen met up with a man at a bar named Berny. Berny was a bandit interested in starting his own guild. He boasted many exagerated victories, and offered many rewards to those who joined him. Glen, being a bit gullible, joined him. After a week or so of stealing from random passerbyers, Glen decided he did not like being a bandit so much, but Berny would not let him quit. Glen's wiry and tall frame could not hope to survive against an onslaught of Berny's muscular build, and so, after a few beatings, he stayed obediant to his master. After a few more days of bandit work, Glen grew used to following Berny's orders without question.

Now Glen stood alongside his current hostage, face to face with a furious man holding a taught bow, arrow pointed at Glen. The random female passerby, he was now firmly clasping, was shrieking in fright like a maniac.

"Shut her up," the man barked.

Glen tried to calm her, but she continued to shriek incessantly.

Berny, who now noticed the man, gave a mighty roar and charged him, but a well aimed kick to the groin and the twanging of a bow pinned the man to the ground indefinitely. The woman instantly passed out.

"Good," the man said notching another arrow to his bow, "I was getting tired of that noise. You know it scared away a prized possession of mine?"

Glen gulped and tried to sound confident, but his voice came out in a mere squeak, "Oh... really? Uh... well..." He slowly backed away.

"I wonder why she was screaming in the first place," the man asked, advancing on the trembling Glen.

"Uh... who knows... maybe shes nuts-"

The man erupted. "I cannot tolerate a criminal under any circumstances! It cost me a catch today, and I doubt I'll see another for a long while! Theres a price to pay, but I'd hate to kill a man without hearing his story. What is your name anyway?"

"Uh... G, G, Glen... and... y...ours?"

"Sullust, but you may call me sir. Tell me, is there any reason why I shouldn't rid the world of another bandit?"

Sobbing Glen fell to his knees, "Please don't hurt me! I didn't want to do anything, but Berny made me! I wanted to quit but he wouldn't let me, and would beat me every time I tried! Please have mercy, I never hurt anyone!"

"Berny? You mean that pitiful excuse for a fighter I dispatched of earlier?" Glancing at the sobbing man Sullust lost his edge, sighing, "Bah! I wouldn't want to waste one of my arrows on a coward anyhow. Get out of here before I change my mind."

Glen scrambled off into the woods, just happy to be alive.

Sullust went to check on the woman.
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #11
Once again, 'the wrong place at the wrong time' described Glen's situation. Stumbling through the woods to escape the archer, he tripped and fell directly into the stream that Rummel had paused to drink from. Before he could pick himself up, he heard "Articulos!" and found himself paralyzed with horrible pain in all of his joints.

Seeing little threat, Rummel muttered "Relusos" and the terrified bandit collapsed, gasping, into the stream.

"Who are you?" Rummel demanded.

"G-glen" Glen managed to gasp.

Smiling with dark inspiration Rummel responded, "Congratulations, you have the honor of being my first servant." Glen tensed as though to spring away and quickly found himself painfully immobile. "And don't even think of trying to disagree." A few moments later the stream was clear and the two fugitives were well on their way towards the nearest town.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #12
OOC: I'll try my best. I'm not the best at these, however.

IC: As Rummel and Glen made their way down the rivers edge, and Rummel was clearly disgruntled at Glen's fear. Glen would always cast sideways glances at Rummel as they walked along, obviously thinking of running. Rummel knew he wouldn't, as he was pitiful and weak, but he couldn't help but feel sorry for him. They talked as they walked.
'So what brings you to this area, Boy?' Rummel asked.
'W-work for s-s-some one,' Glen said, stuttering still.
'Who is that work for?'
'It was for Berny, but not no more.'
'Why not?' Rummel asked, intruiged.
'He was shot, but I don't think hes dead. He'll come looking for me soon.'
'No, he won't. I'll make sure of that'
'T-thank you,' Glen said. He really was pathetic.

As the night slowly changed into morning, Rummel could see another town in the distance. He started walking faster, then slowed down as he realised by the smell that it was his old home town, Suiggus.
OOC: Yea, shocking I know.

--------------------

Polaris
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #13
Sounds a bit... well, badly planned, to avoid harsh words. Characters usually die per previous agreement.
I'll wait and watch, but I'm not too confident.

[ Wednesday, May 18, 2005 02:48: Message edited by: 400 ERROR: BAD MONIKER ]

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #14
OOC: I'll join too, if you don't mind.

IC: "So what happened to the spatula?" Asked a man dressed in black robes. "A mage has it" A huge, deformed bear growled for a answer.
Chills went down Samuels spine. "A mage? Wich one?" The bear gave out a furious growl. The message was clear. There was only one man that ursagi hated so much. "So it is Rummel" Samuel said and drew an arcane symbol to the wall he was facing. "Morimos has gone too far this time. Do you know if he's still alive?"
The bear looked him mutely.
"No? Then go and find out! I have to know the exact powers that spatula holds, so I can prepare counter-spells against it. Go now, we don't have much time."

Samuel whispered a few words and the bear disappeared. Then he turned back to the wall. "A spatula" he muttered. "I can only hope Morimos knew what he was doing. Otherwise..." Samuel shudderes. Then he drew more symbols to he wall, and disappeared himself.

--------------------
Somebody PLEASE turn the heat on.
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #15
OOC: Just so people are aware, I didn't know that he had planned Sunder to be his main character. I wouldn't have killed him, but I thought he was just another apprentice from the tower. Sorry. My mistake. We can say that Rummel killed the other apprentice and that Sunder was the one that escaped.

------------------

IC: Rummel, with Glen in tow, quietly approached the town. Rummel wasn't certain were to start. He needed more followers than just one. Certainly some that were better capable of defending themselves, and more importantly, him. Motioning Glen to follow, Rummel headed off in the direction of the tavern.

Pushing through the door, Rummel scowled as he was greeted with the usual jeers. "Look 'ere now!", Bellowed the huge, hairy barman, "If in't the 'igh and mighty Rum come to show off 'is tricks again!" Snickers were heard around the room as the patrons remembered the last time Rummel had visited and had accidentally set his own hair aflame.

"Shut up you drunken idiots! I'm here to make you all my servants!" Rummel shouted over the general noise. The room quickly quieted.

"And how exactly do you plan to do that?" A large fighter asked from the side of the room.

"Like this," Rummel said, with a small, evil smile. Raising the spatula above his head he shouted "Articulos en Massos!" The room was bathed in a red glow momentarily and everyone found themselves unable to move and in intense pain. "Well," Rummel said into the quiet, "you don't seem to be laughing now." He muttered the releasing phrase and the men collapsed gasping into their seats. Several quickly jumped up and grabbed their weapons, but as quickly as they could begin to approach him he struck them immobile again.

"We leave immediately." Rummel announced. "We will be heading-" Suddenly, Rummel spun about and froze the large fighter who had been sneaking up behind him. Without pausing to wonder how he had known, he yelled, "I will not tolerate insubordination!" and began savagely beating the man's still form with the spatula. A few minutes later Rummel calmed, the torn, broken remains of the man at his feet. Then spatula was now noticeably glowing red and there was a slight red gleam in Rummel's eyes, as though they were reflecting the glow of the spatula.

Now convinced that he wouldn't hesitate to kill them, the rest of the men were quick to obey as he ordered them to prepare horses and provisions for everyone. An hour later, Rummel and his 15 followers headed out of town.

[ Wednesday, May 18, 2005 06:35: Message edited by: Archmage Alex ]

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #16
IC:
The woman slowly got to her feet shortly after Glen fled into the woods. "May I ask the name of the hag who cost me so dearly?"

"H...Hann....Hannah."

"Well Hannah, you owe me. Now it's time to pay up. You're going to help me bring back what you scared away."

"What did you have in mind?"

"This." With that Sullust pushed the woman onto the ground and tied one end of a rope around her ankle. He fastened the other end of the rope to the tree. A quick slap on the face left a nasty welt on her cheek, then he climbed up the nearest tree to get into position.

"Why are you doing this to me?!" said Hannah, now weeping for her life.

"Don't worry, your in no real danger as long as I'm here. The Crimson Tear Wolf is attracted to the scent of tears. The slap was just to help with the crying process. Now just be quiet and cry."

After a few moments a pair of redish-orange eyes appeared in the bushes nearby...

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #17
Hannah couldn't believe her terrible luck today, and the blasted sissy-ninny fool she was being because of it. All men were horrible, there was just no two ways about it. If they didn't want to steal your possesions, they wanted to use you in some other way which was almost always very unplesant. Now here she was in the middle of the woods with an incensed man, bow taunt, above her and a ravenous wolf staring at her out of the woods.

As they had waited, Hannah had backed up against the tree knees up feet in. She had secretly untied her ankle but knew if she tried to excape he'd probably just shoot her instead. She hated being helpless.

Her eyes focused on the bandit whose life ebbed away as the pool of blood beneath him widened. Was today to be her last day as well? Did it really matter? It's not like she had much of a life to go back to anyway. Collecting herbs for her aging aunt was a bit of a bore. Thinking back, she realized what a waste her life had been and vowed not to return even if she lived throgh the current circumstances.

Hannah was pulled from her thoughts by the wolf who had become more bold by her lack of movement. Letting out a growl, it lept from the cover of the forest sprinting straight for her, teeth barred. Hannah screamed and shut her eyes tight. She braced herself against the tree waiting for the end.

A twang, a yelp, a thud, and the moment was over. The archer jumped from his perch above her, his sourness gone, he openly rejoiced at his catch. His back to her he surveyed his prize caring not for her. 'Not that he would,' she thought to herself. Hannah stood and wiped her eyes, she would learn to be as hard hearted as the man in front of her. Leaving her bag, her herbs, her life behind her, she turned to leave.

[ Wednesday, May 18, 2005 09:34: Message edited by: Gizmo ]

--------------------
Forever Always on Past the End

tracihedlund@charter.net[/url]
TrueSite for Blades - Blades Walkthroughs
Pixle Profusion - BoE Graphics Archive
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #18
Deleterious walked onto a dirt road and came upon the dead Ursag. He checked the beast for wounds.

It looks like someone killed it in one shot. he thought. Maybe that person, or thing, will be a worthy opponent. I'll search Suiggus. When Deleterious reached the entrance, the guards stopped him.

"Why have you risked forfeiting your lives by stopping me?" Deleterious barked menacingly.

"You Demon-kin aren't allowed to be here!" the guard shouted back.

Deleterious threw his head back and let out a loud and echoing laugh."Oh, you full humans are certainly arrogant!" Deleterious said between laughs. He then let out a roar and ripped the gaurds' weapons out of their hands. Terrified by this, the guards fled into town while screaming and yelping "DEMON-KIN! RUN!!"

Deleterious heard magic being used and then a threatening voice in the nearby tavern. Perhaps a fight will be there! He then entered the tavern...

[ Wednesday, May 18, 2005 14:22: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest ]

--------------------
*Blue screen error*

Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #19
Samuel Fin reappeared at border of some town. "Damn. I studied the board of translocations for 10 years and my aim is still miles off" he cursed. "Now, where exactly am I?"
Samuel remembered there was some small town east from the tower. He had missed for a mile or so. "Grrr. It took me hours to finish those calculations" Samuel muttered, and looked back to what was seemingly nothing but air, and for a second thought about going back. Then he saw something that caught his attention.
15 men were walking out of the town inn, and in the lead was no toher than Rummel himself! "It seems it is my lucky day afterall" Samuel said to himself and cast an invisibility spell. "Now I just have to hope Argus finds Morimos, and soon..."

--------------------
Somebody PLEASE turn the heat on.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #20
OOC: I didn't really plan on Sunder being a main charecter, but anyway...
IC: Rummel and his fifteen followers marched out of town, completely unaware of the fact that there was someone following them. As they marched, a designated spokesperson for the followers reluctantly asked Rummel where they are off to, and that stopped Rummel completely. He stood rooted to the spot for a couple of seconds, then prudently replied, 'We will go to Krizsan. There we will find out riches.'
Not many people sounded to happy about that, Krizsan was a long way away, possibly a week. More, if they encountered trouble, which was likely, as Krizsan is the centre of the slime plauge.

They walked through the night, and when they stopped for rest, Samuel Fin decided to make his move. As he strangled two followers, each with a muffled groan, Rummel was busy playing with the spatula. All of a sudden, a white light expelled from the spatula, and Samuel's hands started aching, he was unable to move them. No wonder they called it the Spatula of Arthritis, he said to himself as he hobbled away silently, aching all the while.

--------------------

Polaris
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #21
OOC: So this is occuring on Ermarian(sp?) then?

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #22
OOC: I didn't plan to have it be anywhere in particular. Early Exile3 Valorim is as good a place as any. Ermarian is flexible enough for almost whatever we can come up with. Were you just asking for clarity, or did you not what it to be set there?

---------------------------

IC: Rummel felt a slight loss, but couldn't figure out why. Did it have something to do with that white flash? Glancing around at his followers, Rummel noticed that something seemed different. "Stop", he commanded his men, and quickly took a body count.

Rummel's eyes narrowed dangerously. "There are two less of you! Where are they?" he demanded. Confused, the men looked about between themselves. "I said, where are they?!" Rummel shouted and gave his followers a moment of pain.

"Wait," one of the men gasped as they were released. Glancing around, he continued, "Where's Tom and Luke?" The rest of the group glanced nervously about, they had no desire to see a repeat of Rummel's demonstration in the tavern.

"Find them!" Rummel screamed, "And don't even think about trying to run!"

Short investigation revealed the two strangled bodies. To the men's surprise, this actually calmed Rummel. So, Rummel thought, the spatula will alert me when a follower is killed. How nice. I must study it further and see what else my tool can do. They all shortly moved on, Rummel in the lead and deeply engrossed in the study of his spatula.

Argus followed the strange golem into the tower of Morimos the Enchanter. The faint screams of pain and horror that he heard from other parts of the tower made him have second thoughts about whether help was to be found here. As he was led through the twisting corridors, he studied the animated stone creature he was following. Who had ever heard of golem with tentacles?

They entered the reception room and Argus got his first glance of Morimos. Twisted and middle aged, his was hair a variety of colors and sticking in all directions. His robes flared out in random places. Most disturbing, though, was the mad gleam that could clearly be seen in his eyes.

"Why do you dare disturb me?!" he yelled in an odd squeaky voice, waving a tattered handkerchief in Argus' direction, "Why? Why?! Why I say?!!!"

[ Thursday, May 19, 2005 06:23: Message edited by: Archmage Alex ]

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #23
OOC: It seems like my posts are being ignored...

IC:
Deleterious had walked in the tavern as several people were walking out. How dare they ignore me! Deleterious ran after them and climbed a tree right after leaving town and continued to follow them.

Soon afterwards, he watched contently as someone killed two followers. After they continued moving on, Deleterious jumped down in front of them and let out a huge roar. Many were terrified and tried running, but were quickly struck down by the spatula's magical arthritis beam.

"You people! I bet you were the ones who woke me from my peaceful slumber! I challenge you all to a fight! One at a time! Send your first fighter!" Deleterious shouted. He let out another roar and the flames on his back rose.

OOC: If you're going to zap him with arthritis, don't forget he becomes a normal human while in submission.

--------------------
*Blue screen error*

Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #24
OOC: I was just asking to clear it up.
IC:
Sullust didn't notice the disappearance of Hannah until he properly skinned the beast. He picked up the things she left behind wondering if there would be a good price he could fetch for them. With all these positions in tow, Sullust set off to the Guilds in the nearby town.

I'll finally be Level 5.

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris

Pages