How did you got your username?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: How did you got your username?
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #25
I'm a sword. A magical sword, specifically, that does increased damage to demonkind.

This account is registered under "EEPLegolas" because my brother was the one who did it, and he was obsessed with LoTR at the time (the books, not the movies). After seeing that Legolas would become an idol of stupid little boys after such exposure from the H-wood, I requested a change of handle. Somewhere down the road, Demonslayer (a personal nickname, actually) came into use. Now the rest of the world, not just my closet friends, can know me as Demonslayer.

--------------------
The critics agree!

Demonslayer is "a five star hit!" raves TIMES Weekly!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #26
I used to call myself on the net by a variety of lame, 'cool' sounding names like "Shadow" and "Unknown". By 2000, I felt that I needed a more-or-less permanent moniker, and my friends were calling me "Wise Man" for my now-lost FPS skill (and the ability to piss them off :D ), so the name stuck.

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #27
My name is Nathan Lael Ashby. I dropped bits out and flipped the rest around.

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #28
quote:
Originally written by Wise Man is quite the:

I used to call myself on the net by a variety of lame, 'cool' sounding names like "Shadow" and "Unknown". By 2000, I felt that I needed a more-or-less permanent moniker, and my friends were calling me "Wise Man" for my now-lost FPS skill (and the ability to piss them off :D ), so the name stuck.
I am lost as to what "FPS" means.

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #29
Normally it means "First-Person Shooter," but it may or may not actually mean that in this context.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 65
Profile Homepage #30
My name is basically my nickname. Every since I was little if there was more than one Ashleigh (Or similar spelling) around, I was regulated to Ashleigh Miller.

This trend continued into high school where I soon lost my first name and became Miller which was corrupted into Milla.

--------------------
"He's mine, go get your own human plaything!" Bernard Black (Black Books)

Also look at my sitehere
This is also a good site
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #31
I have seen Milla used as a first name. Scandinavian iirc, but I'm not sure.

--------------------
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #32
I believe it's usually a derivative of "Emily".

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Shock Trooper
Member # 4214
Profile #33
quote:
Arancaytar came from a series of fantasy stories (daydreams is more like it) I made up around three years ago.
Coincidentally, Arancaytar was the name of the priest in Gale, in Avernum 3.

My pseudonym reflects my only talent, which is supposed to compensate all my defections.

I choose this moniker two years ago, shortly before the germs of my inferiority complex began to amplify rapidly and significantly.

Now, I realise how relative my intelligence is, and often have the hard to restrain urge to change my pseudonym to something pejorative, ventilating my sense of inferiority in this matter. This, however, would capture me in a vicious circle.

Oh, ignore me.
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #34
Eh, tis no worries. We are all merely human. My mind used to be one of my few talents, but... I neglected it, in favour of two that gave me more happiness.

My present name, is to signify my lack of foresight, in... recent events, in my life. Well... that would more be lack of foresight, completely. Epimetheus was basically a stupid titan, whose name literally translates as "after-thought". My more usual, FatBatMonkey, was a reference to The Wizard of Oz.

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #35
Which is in turn a satire of the Gilded Age.

How horribly ironic.

--------------------
The critics agree!

Demonslayer is "a five star hit!" raves TIMES Weekly!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 5644
Profile #36
Well, I guess I made up mine because I consider myself as a pleasant person. And I like dark colors, like navy blue and black.

--------------------
~ Chris ~
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #37
Let's see... picked this as my own gaming avatar (tried to pick something new and random), and it turned out to be the name of Greek city as well (go figure). I use this name in almost every RPG I play, and it's even in the scenario I'm working on.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Infiltrator
Member # 187
Profile #38
I was playing Exile 3 and I thiunk needed help on it, so I came here. For some reason I plugged this in instead of the name i use on every single other forum I go to (all 15 of them.)

Here I am Chaldrath, everywhere else I am my "real" screen name. And I kinda like that arrangement.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #39
quote:
Coincidentally, Arancaytar was the name of the priest in Gale, in Avernum 3.
Seriously?

I am quite certain that I had the name before the game was out. JV ripped me off!

Well, I never noticed that before... sure it is spelled the same?

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 4942
Profile #40
Wham Bam Shizam was a character in a radio drama play by Tom Lopez. His company's name is ZBS, dunno if anyone out there has heard of it, but he produces some fun stuff. He was a teenager who was rude, and drove a 50's car and dressed like a guy from the 50's. I don't identify with him at all, either, I just thought it souned cool, so what the heck. What I want to know is... where did Rosy get her name..?

--------------------
Wham Bam Shizam
Infiltrator
Member # 2836
Profile #41
I got my name from a nickname my year 4 teacher gave me.
BANNED
Member # 3477
Profile #42
there was a test in 8th grade in math for organization, and the questions were like on what day did we take notes on something something?
and so i was like...
waffles!
and then the teacher started calling me mr. waffles and i started using that name online.

the end

--------------------
Avernum is as addictive as skribbane!!! Withdrawal symptoms are harsh so I just keep playing.
Free skribbane at Wal-mart
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #43
I haven't seen Rosy around in a long time. Or TGM, for that matter. Notice less topics are getting locked. :rolleyes:

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #44
Rosy was around for a minute, a couple of days ago. tGM? The words: off the face of the planet, come to mind.

EDIT: Ah, that would explain it then. Well, just goes to show that if you're away for a couple of months, you do miss things.

EDIT2: Ummm... Stugie, that would be three weeks, exactly.

[ Wednesday, March 30, 2005 07:38: Message edited by: Epimetheus ]

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #45
tGM is still B A N N E D.
BANNED
Member # 5219
Profile #46
What'd he do? Oh yeah, anyone have his email?

--------------------
You can take my Windows XP when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Infiltrator
Member # 2104
Profile Homepage #47
I can't use Millicent, Dear Millicent anymore! This sucks. Stupid board.

--------------------
—Zxquez Zolohahni
I eat blueberries in pie square.
Xerch'de/Rate.
I miss you, but I haven't met you yet.
So special, but it hasn't happened yet.
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #48
quote:
Originally written by Drakefyre:

TGM was banned two weeks for posting a link to a goatse-esque picture and then permanently for attempting to avoid the ban.
That was posted on March 9, though, so as of now he's been banned for about five weeks. According to Drakey he hasn't made any requests for reinstatement.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3898
Profile #49
I came up with "Dallerdin" when I was eight, obsessed with Brian Jacques, and trying to write my own eight-book epic in the style of one of his and needed a name for a protagonist. The eight-book epic never got further than about three pages, but for some reason I really liked the name, and so I kept it and used it nown and then.

As for the monikers, well... meh. Guess if you want. None of them are particularly obscure (yet).

[ Wednesday, March 30, 2005 07:39: Message edited by: Model of a Modern Major Specific ]

--------------------
~Note : The professional newbie's advice should not be taken seriously, or at all.~
LINKAGE

Pages