Next question rollin in...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Next question rollin in...
Infiltrator
Member # 1092
Profile Homepage #0
Before I left ages ago and disappeared for about 1 year, I was told Misc. was going to be put back on in a few weeks. Now I'm here...and it's still not here. Has the general board replaced it and is it the reason for the Misc. not coming back?

--------------------
When you think you can't get any lower in life and hit rock bottom, God hands you a shovel.

Following the rights movements
You clamped on with your iron fists
drugs being conviently available for all the kids

Minor drug offenders fill your prisons
You don't even flinch
All our takes paying
For your wars against the new non rich
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #1
I dunno - I just registered in Jan. Maybe it has been renamed.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #2
I don't know who said that Misc. was coming back, but since the day I joined (May 2003), no one with any inside knowledge of the Spiderweb administration has seriously suggested that Misc would return.
In fact, any time someone asked about it, they said it wouldn't.

But yes, General has replaced Misc, and many people are not happy about it. But what's there to do? :P

[ Thursday, March 03, 2005 00:19: Message edited by: Daryl Mycroft [Arancaytar] ]

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #3
Misc. is simply a legend, now. It can still be heard, whispered by the oldbies like some ghost story.

No one dares mention it's revival, for we all know it will never see the light of day again (maybe).

--------------------
The critics agree!

Demonslayer is "a five star hit!" raves TIMES Weekly!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #4
Misc is still here. General is gone. *mutters*

--------------------
Barcoorah: I even did it to a big dorset ram.

desperance.net - Don't follow this link
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #5
General now has Miscellaneous material, but it was somewhat underused before Misc. was excised. Misc. contained posts that were unmitigated spam, and General isn't suffering so much from the same problem. Although Misc. is now surrounded by a hazy glow of nostalgia, General really has all the best (discussions, roleplaying, and less than civil debates) without the worst (pointless polls, pure spam, and more pure spam).

—Alorael, who misses knowing he should have voted for Alcritas.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 156
Profile #6
"Misc. was a spook-story that crooks told their kids.

Rat out your pop, and Misc. will get you!

You think a guy like Misc. comes this close to getting caught and then sticks his neck out? My guess is that Misc. will pop-up once more just to get rid of me and then you will never hear from him again.

*Limps out of office then turns to look back

"F***ing cops."

--------------------
"I am in a very peculiar business. I travel all over the world telling people what they should already know." - James Randi
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #7
Google, unbelievably, still harbors some topics long lost from those forums.

url=http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache:J_GvifXLQcsJ:www.ironycentral.com/
cgi-bin/ubb/ubb/ultimatebb.php%3Fubb%3Dget_topic%3Bf%3D12%3Bt%
3D001223%3Bp%3D2+%22Spiderweb+Software+Boards%22+Miscellaneous
+Forums&hl=de

Note the old post by Lady J. It is a sign of the times that it I first thought it was Sir David, currently going as Lady Davida... :P

[Edit: Browser sanity restored. The [ url ] tag doesn't work with Google cache, apparently.]

[ Thursday, March 03, 2005 17:25: Message edited by: Sacred ASCII Text ]

--------------------
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #8
Heh, no, I don't think I was anything but Sir David during the days of Misc. Looking back at my old posts, though, I can hardly believe it's me. Thank God for Google...

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #9
Sweet! That was back when Alorael still went by the name "Alorael", something I never got to see in first-hand experience.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Warrior
Member # 3804
Profile #10
Apparently misc still exists on Web archive. Ah, don't you just love history?

Edit: It looks as though most of the topics don't work anymore, but at least it's something to look on with fondness.

[ Thursday, March 03, 2005 20:55: Message edited by: The Red Book ]

--------------------
"This......is a TREE! What's it for?" -Exile III
Warrior
Member # 5520
Profile #11
Thank you for the link to the Web Archive.

As a Newby, did visit with much curiosity and returned with much excitement.
Topics seem very engaging and engaged. . .esp. Nephils vs. Sliths was very interesting - lasted 5 months with 275 replies!
Pity, that I could not see the end.
Am going back to read some more.
Yet, I do not lament the demise of Misc. personally. Not telling you the reason. :)

[ Thursday, March 03, 2005 21:20: Message edited by: whitenightever ]
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #12
Nephil vs Sliths? Sliths easy.

--------------------

Polaris
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #13
quote:
Originally written by Lady Davida:

Heh, no, I don't think I was anything but Sir David during the days of Misc. Looking back at my old posts, though, I can hardly believe it's me. Thank God for Google...
You *praise* Google for storing the worst bits of nonsense you say for ever and ever and ever? It's horrible. Look at us two going at each other in the US Avatar thingie a year and a half ago: No problem for Google. :P

Alorael, thanks for fixing. I was too tired yesterday to check my post after it was published.

Edit:

Webarchive -

quote:
Alorael
Citizen of Exile
Member # 335

King Micah:

"Well I guess since Alorael and shotts are not mods that opens this up to every one."

How the times change.

[ Thursday, March 03, 2005 23:40: Message edited by: Daryl Mycroft [Arancaytar] ]

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #14
Yes indeedy. 'Indeedy' is a weird word, but anyway, those archives are nice to look at.

--------------------

Polaris
La Canaliste
Member # 5563
Profile #15
General is still not as evil as Misc became! It has stern moderation no word games!

--------------------
I am a pale shadow of the previous self.
quote:

Deep down, you know you should have voted for Alcritas!
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #16
I have heard that Misc. was subject to many flame wars.

--------------------

Polaris
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #17
quote:
Originally written by The Sprung Spring:

I have heard that Misc. was subject to many flame wars.
I have heard that there are fish in the Atlantic. :P

No, seriously, nearly all boards have flamewars. So does General, and so did Misc. We just have, as Saunders said, a stricter moderation. And she would know. ;)

--------------------