my website

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: my website
Agent
Member # 1104
Profile Homepage #25
Oh yeah, I forgot to rate the site. Let's see here -

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.geocities.com%2Fur_drakon%2F

The spelling and grammar is atrocious, not to mention the overall lack of punctuation marks. As for the look of the site, it is quite scattered and disorganized, random jibberish.

I've seen worse, but this site still gets a "bad" rating from me.

--------------------
Austrian Alex - Reality Corp.
Warrior
Member # 4414
Profile Homepage #26
quote:
Originally written by Millicent, Dear Millicent:

Hey! Another art thief! There's too many of them these days.

The picture (and what I've seen of your other work) is quite good, by the way.

Thank you. You would ask, right? Wouldn't most people with two brain cells to rub together follow the directions that say, "if you ask nicely, I'll let you reproduce my art?"

And not even a link to my page, where he obviously found that image.

I am rather infuriated.

--------------------
AIM/Yahoo IM: Cavanoskus

Scary artwork and Bad Poetry
The Wildlife Research Team
SnakeNetMetalRadio

"We, who are about to die, salute you."
Infiltrator
Member # 2104
Profile Homepage #27
I'd ask. But I'd probably never want to reproduce someone's art, anyway.

The number of errors that the validator found is just scary. I feel happy having a vaild site. :P

[ Sunday, February 20, 2005 17:47: Message edited by: Millicent, Dear Millicent ]

--------------------
—Zxquez Zolohahni
I eat blueberries in pie square.
Xerch'de/Rate.
I miss you, but I haven't met you yet.
So special, but it hasn't happened yet.
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #28
Not surprised you're angry Cav!

The only thing that I'm going to say, for some reason, in his defense is that maybe he has no clue of what he is doing.

Oh, and the preceding paragraph is no EXCUSE, since if you don't know something, you bloody ask.

Sorry, getting abrasive.

That guy in the picture is a "pastor"? I hope the thing he is putting in his mouth has no religious significance and the picture is meant to be silly. Otherwise I'm going to be very afraid.

Cav: have you talked to him to ask him to get those things off his place asap, or to at least offer an explanation/apology?

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)
Warrior
Member # 4414
Profile Homepage #29
No, I haven't talked to him yet, I just now came back here after something like 4 months of absence, and stumbled across this whole mess.

I'm thinking he'll come in here and read this thread, and then I will have a few choice words to say.

--------------------

SnakeNetMetalRadio

Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #30
Well, asking probably wouldn't work, considering how he's too young and/or illiterate to actually know what the hell punctuation actually is.

[ Sunday, February 20, 2005 19:37: Message edited by: It's 'Wise Man', you tards. ]

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Infiltrator
Member # 2104
Profile Homepage #31
Yes, and his choice words would probably be not only limited but incomprehensible.

--------------------
—Zxquez Zolohahni
Xerch'de/Rate.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #32
My sympathies, Cavanoskus (and welcome back, by the way). I hope he just does the right thing and doesn't draw it out into a long, public outcry, as some might do.

[ Sunday, February 20, 2005 19:45: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #33
Amen to that, Kel. This kid, though, doesn't strike me as bombastic as others. I hope he listens to Cav, and learns from this so that he starts asking for permission.

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #34
There seems to be a mentality in some circles that if it's on the Internet, it's free. I doubt the misappropriation in this case was malicious.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #35
Since his largest audience is likely to be from these parts anyway, I think there is enough leaning force to make the pictures disappear or the proper credit appear.

—Alorael, who also welcomes Cavanoskus back. Oh, and he gives the website a rating of "The writing style makes my blood pressure rise dangerously. Closed window and didn't look back."
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 4414
Profile Homepage #36
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

There seems to be a mentality in some circles that if it's on the Internet, it's free. I doubt the misappropriation in this case was malicious.
"Malicious?" As if he purposefully stole my artwork to defame me in some way? No. Not a chance. This rarely happens, so it can rarely be said that theft of artwork is "malicious." I never claimed he had anything against me, or anyone else.

What he is doing, however, is posting a drawing of mine in two different places, and crediting me in neither. He doesn't even link to my site where the artwork came from, and that piece has only been up for a couple months, so I KNOW that's where he got it from; he's not stealing from someone else who stole, in other words. He ignored obvious copyright warnings, and a message which strictly forbids others from using my work without permission.

So, no, not "malicious." Just ignorant, childish, and too stupid to read the text on the page he steals from. Such shortcomings are no excuse to ignore obvious directions.

Maybe he found my site through the Spiderweb boards...in which case, didn't it ever occur to him that I might see it? Did he even think I'd mind, considering the fact that he seems too idiotic to have even read the words next to the pictures?

I am starting to think that no one under the age of 10 should be allowed on the internet...and this kid isn't helping.

--------------------

SnakeNetMetalRadio

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #37
Since he's joined while you were absent, he might also have just found the site through Google. Odd coincidence, but there you go.

Of course, if he *did* come through here... well, they say stupidity is infinite... :rolleyes:

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #38
Since this topic was locked at the previous post,
why haven't Imbam or Alorael killed it yet?

[ Monday, February 21, 2005 05:55: Message edited by: HT Version 3.0 ]

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Apprentice
Member # 5525
Profile Homepage #39
you all stop :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: picking on genoforge he might not have known not to put it on or something the copy right it is small you all get lost
b3952002@yahoo.com[/url] if you have any problems :P

--------------------
loser
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #40
That really helped. Yeah.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 2104
Profile Homepage #41
I was considering using his email to sign up for multitudes of stuff, but decided not to. That'd be too cruel. I think.

--------------------
—Zxquez Zolohahni
Xerch'de/Rate.
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #42
quote:
Originally written by loser3:

you all stop :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: picking on genoforge he might not have known not to put it on or something the copy right it is small you all get lost
b3952002@yahoo.com[/url] if you have any problems :P

I have a problem with you, located directly above your neck.

Pages