Sponge Bob Goes To Church

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Sponge Bob Goes To Church
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #0
Disclaimer: I am not of this denomination, but I thought this was very interesting, a bit funny, and probably controversial.

Sponge Bob Goes to Church

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #1
Now that's how church is supposed to feel. Too bad so many Christians just don't get it.

Dobson, in my mind, has become inconsistant. First he rallied against Harry Potter but said nothing against Sabrina the Teenage Witch. If he said anything about Charmed I didn't notice. Or any of the other TV shows I'm sure he deems immoral. Now he's up in arms against spongebob for holding hands with (if you watch the cartoon is obviously only) his best friend. But he said nothing of the 'cross-dressing' shark in Shark Tales. He has lost credibility with me more for his selective outspokenness then for his actual stand.

--------------------
Forever Always on Past the End

tracihedlund@charter.net[/url]
TrueSite for Blades - Blades Walkthroughs
Pixle Profusion - BoE Graphics Archive
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #2
It's more about who the said show is marketed towards; while Sabrina (albeit not by much) and Charmed are oriented towards older audiences, SpongeBob and Harry Potter are shown to far younger audiences.

Although honestly- what's so wrong with holding hands?

--------------------
人 た ち を 燃 え る た め に 俺 は か れ ら に 火 を 上 げ る か ら 死 ん だ
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #3
Nothing. This is a prime example of the stupidity that often comes of paranoia.

I find it odd that the UCC made such a point of contradicting a single man over such a trivial issue. Do they really have nothing better to do with their time than take pictures of a plush toy in the president's office? Seems kind of overdone to me.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3719
Profile Homepage #4
Too much attention is paid to childrens programming rather than the hildren/parenting itself. I watched the Coyote die 5 days a week and I turned out fine (I suppose). I wonder if that could be attributed to my parents?

--------------------
Scandalous Stories, fishing,and great photos
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #5
Well, I would not go as far as that statement. I think attention definitely needs to be given to children's programming, and slightly more so than to adult programming.

Children are very impressionable, and I know many love to imitate cartoon characters. Parents should monitor what their children watch, but it is impossible to do that all the time, so filtering should be done on the part of the broadcasters.

In spite of that, I believe that the people who believe Roadrunner and the Coyote encourage cruelty to animals and violence should realize that they need to assert themselves over any television program on their children. I think that they probably need to improve in some parenting skill first.

Holding hands does not mean anything more than friendship and "compassion." This whole thing is just silly, but some people can take anything to the extreme.

--------------------
What do I put here?
-Garrison
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #6
Having four kids I watch many cartoons with them and I have to say that Spongebob is one of the best rolemodels out there. He is loyal, he is kind, he looks for the best in people (even squidward who is constantly putting him down), he always forgives, he never gives up (even when he flunks another driving test), his work ethic is impecable, and his outlook on life is rosy. If he does something wrong he is quick to say sorry when he realizes it. If he has a fight with somebody he always makes up. He has a sense of humor and has no trouble laughing at himself. He is rarely violent and wears the proper protection when practicing karate with Sandy. I'd pick spongebob over almost any other cartoon as one that teaches good values. The movie may be more offcolor then the regular cartoon but it is reaching for a wider audience and I would expect that.

--------------------
Forever Always on Past the End

tracihedlund@charter.net[/url]
TrueSite for Blades - Blades Walkthroughs
Pixle Profusion - BoE Graphics Archive
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
Originally written by Gizmo:

it is reaching for a wider audience
Which is of course why the narrow-minded will always oppose it.

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #8
I agree, Gizmo. You can't complain about a cartoon that teaches good values to kids. There's nothing bad about friends holding hands, as there is obviously no "sexual motives."

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ