Flute, Viola, and Piano Trio

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Flute, Viola, and Piano Trio
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #0
I'm looking for a classical flute, viola, and piano trio to play with two of my friends, hopefully for a school concert sometime before May/June, and I'm having quite a bit of trouble finding one. I would like something non-atonal, and preferably something orginally written for said instruments (unless there is something like Flight of the Bumblebee which sounds better on instruments it was not written for). It should be under ten minutes in length... probably over five, but that depends on the piece. At the moment all I have is a Bloch concertino of which I cannot find a full record. Any suggestions?

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #1
Try this: It is something pulled at random. But it sounds like it might work. I haven't heard it though.

Maurice Durufle

Op. 3 Prélude, recitatif et variations (1929) for Flute, Viola & Piano

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #2
Here is a listing for a music CD

Chamber Music for Flute, Viola, and Piano

--------------------

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #3
Look at www.SteveWeissMusic.com, they have literally everything.

[ Thursday, January 20, 2005 11:54: Message edited by: Retr-O ]

--------------------
The critics agree!

Demonslayer is "a five star hit!" raves TIMES Weekly!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #4
Toast, that CD could very well be what I'm looking for. Unfortunately, I can't listen to the sound files, presumably because I don't have a subscription, and the distributer's website does not seem to have the CD available. Are you (or is anyone else) a subscriber, by any chance? If not, I suppose I'll delegate the task of finding and obtaining this CD to my family.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #5
I'm not a subscriber; I just thought it might be an example of some music which might work.

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 2300
Profile #6
If you do find yourself stuck you could always just find a conventional piano trio, replace the violin with the flute, and transpose the 'cello up an octave for viola. Not a guaranteed solution but you never know until you try :D I've seen more far-fetched ensembles work after all, such as a bagpipe/marimba/ocarina/double bass. Yes, it really worked. No, really, it did.

--------------------
Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." - Soviet infantry manual, 1930's
Posts: 267 | Registered: Wednesday, November 27 2002 08:00
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #7
I'd rather play something written originally for those three instruments - I have plenty of material that's already transposed.

That would be an interesting ensemble to hear...

--------------------
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #8
I apologize for double-posting and bring a dead topic back to life at the same time, but I am still in need of help and preferred doing this to starting a new topic. I've decided on the Bloch concertino (titled Concertino, for flute, viola, & strings (or piano)), but I cannot find the sheet music. I've found several copies of "Concertino, for flute, clarinet, viola, & strings (piano reduction)", but I have no way of knowing if this is the same thing (although I found an odd site which implied that this is the case). Does anyone know where I can find this music?

--------------------
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.