Avernum vs Exile

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Avernum vs Exile
Warrior
Member # 5343
Profile #0
which ones do you prefer.

Poll Information
This poll contains 4 question(s). 26 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=hzMXkEnJuVyh"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=hzMXkEnJuVyh"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)

--------------------
Mu Ha Ha Ha
Warrior
Member # 4973
Profile #1
This marks the five millionth time that this topic has been raised.

--------------------
There are three kinds of people in the world: those who think, those who think they think, and those who would rather die than think.
Posts: 104 | Registered: Thursday, September 16 2004 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #2
Only 5 million?
shucks....
Isn't the answer obvious?
Warrior
Member # 5322
Profile #3
avernum, avernum 2, avernum 3, blades of exile. :-)
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #4
It's been only a month since the last incarnation of this topic. There is no need for this.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 4973
Profile #5
*plays spooky music* Aargh! it's the topic that wouldn't die!

--------------------
There are three kinds of people in the world: those who think, those who think they think, and those who would rather die than think.
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #6
At least this one is more comprehensive.

And on a highly random note, can you vote in your own poll? I really don't feel like asking an inane question to find out. :P
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #7
The polls never get anywhere anyway. It's all in the arguments, which are always exactly the same.

—Alorael, who cordially invites you to read the last topic before saying anything. Chances are good that it has been said.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #8
quote:
Originally written by Lighter:

*plays spooky music* Aargh! it's the topic that wouldn't die!
Actually, this is the topic that won't die.

Someone please lock this.
Warrior
Member # 4973
Profile #9
Oh yes, I remember that one well.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #10
THAT was one scary topic. It haunted my dreams every night.

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Warrior
Member # 37
Profile #11
UGH, NO.
Kaos.
GOD has just revoked your breeding priveliges.
Have a nice day.

By the way, I believe Avernum was a bit better, improving ease of use while maintaining the challenge.

I would also like to add that Exile had a lot of (imfho) useless features with which it tried to show realism, but rather got in the way...

[ Saturday, January 08, 2005 23:19: Message edited by: MAMMA CHOW ]

--------------------
{Tempus} jack thompson? ppl actually admire that freak?
{@Fanateeq72802} Not everyone disagrees with him.
{+iris} Someone should send him a few of the more steamy Japanese dating sim games. His head would explode.
{@Fanateeq72802} And I'd laugh. Hard.
{Tempus} im on it. brb
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #12
Lock TM's topic after it reaches 400 replies. I haven't seen one of those yet in my existance here. :)

Yep, yep, yep. Kaos, hated as I am, I don't post hardly any new topics of my own anymore, though I used to a lot. Just try not to post topics we've already had a discussion on in the recent era. Go back a couple pages if you don't know what we've been talking about before you came here.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Warrior
Member # 5159
Profile #13
quote:
Originally written by m's avatar:

Only 5 million?
shucks....
Isn't the answer obvious?

No. Not until I show up. Then everyone may bow to me and worship the obviousness of it all. Beyond that, yes this topic has been raised a million times, but you have to ask yourself: is it really that bad? If topics like these did not show up on as a repetitive drone, then noobies would bring up old, dead topics from 5 months ago. Pick your choice, lesser of the evils as I see it.

--------------------
"The whoopie cushion shall rise again."
- Anton Szandor LaVey
Founder of the Church of Satan
Warrior
Member # 37
Profile #14
quote:
Originally written by Captain Obvious:

No. Not until I show up. Then everyone may bow to me and worship the obviousness of it all. Beyond that, yes this topic has been raised a million times, but you have to ask yourself: is it really that bad? If topics like these did not show up on as a repetitive drone, then noobies would bring up old, dead topics from 5 months ago. Pick your choice, lesser of the evils as I see it.
You, sir, are a genius. You've completely changed my view on this subject. This post wins the internet.

--------------------
{Tempus} jack thompson? ppl actually admire that freak?
{@Fanateeq72802} Not everyone disagrees with him.
{+iris} Someone should send him a few of the more steamy Japanese dating sim games. His head would explode.
{@Fanateeq72802} And I'd laugh. Hard.
{Tempus} im on it. brb
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #15
quote:
Originally written by Kaos:

which ones do you prefer.
STFU

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #16
Interestingly enough, this thread hasn't been like its predecessors very much at all. For that, it deserves recognition. However, in all significant ways it differs by being a waste of internet. For that, it shall die.

—Alorael, who doesn't even think this topic is particularly horrible. It's just moderately bad with no signs of improvement and no purpose or value. It is, therefore, a target.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00