Where is BSC?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Where is BSC?
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #0
This alarms me: BSC was here and at Polaris the last time the 9th of September!
You know him, he was a frequent poster, thus his disappearing must have a serious reason.
:( Hopefully he is only in jail or in hospital.

I'm thinking about what to do.
We know his real name Miguel and his birthdate. Does anybody has his address or his phone number?
Maybe the moderators have more datas?

--------------------
^ö^ I was a cannibal for twenty-five years. For the rest I have been a vegetarian. George Bernard Shaw
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #1
Now that I brought it up on Polaris, I remember again he intended to go to the States for a while (I don't know for how long). So maybe he just got very, very unlucky with his internet connection and he'll be back in a month or two.

I hope.

I'm still jittery from the last death, a second one right now would send me up a tree once and for all. :eek:

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Shaper
Member # 22
Profile #2
quote:
This alarms me: BSC was here and at Polaris the last time the 9th of September!
You know him, he was a frequent poster, thus his disappearing must have a serious reason.
Hopefully he is only in jail or in hospital.

Hopefully? Hopefully?

People drop in and out of Spidweb all the time. It's part of the natural course of a community - he probably found out that real life was more interesting.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #3
He was posting an awful lot as little as a day before that realization struck him (over 10 posts a day I think), and he didn't post a single post once it did. I see your point, but believe me when I say I wouldn't be so worried for no reason whatsoever.

[ Monday, October 25, 2004 13:27: Message edited by: Her sails he wove of Silver fair ]

--------------------
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Infiltrator
Member # 1877
Profile #4
quote:
Originally written by Her sails he wove of Silver fair:

I'm still jittery from the last death, a second one right now would send me up a tree once and for all. :eek:
Um, death? I've been away for to long...
And I just thougt of it myself, I didn't see him in any of the recent topics...

--------------------
33111-CRUSADER-4849
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #5
The death Aran referred to wasn't anyone on SW, StD. It was a woman on the Santharia boards.

This is an odd situation. It reminds me a bit of when X disappeared suddenly, after being an extremely active member for two years or so. He never came back. I fear the worst, really, especially since he was clearly no spring chicken.

As for BSC, he hasn't been gone awfully long, but it's still rather troubling. Here's to hoping he turns up soon.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #6
BSC is part of the vocal anti-Chavez minority in Venezuela. After the third time a group of them, backed by the US, attempted by semi-legal means to coup the government, apparently they began jailing quite a few as seditionists.
This happened relatively recently, Q2/3 2004 or so.
If he was visiting the States, it probably turned into an extended visit. If not, he might well be in a Caracas gaol. No way to be sure, but it's certainly something to be considered.
Chavez is no Pinochet, so he's probably coming back relatively soon and not less his thumbs or anything if that's what happened.

[ Monday, October 25, 2004 19:47: Message edited by: Fear Uncertainty and Custer ]

--------------------
The biggest, the baddest, and the fattest.
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #7
He planned a two to three-weeks trip, no more, and considered having another vacation in December. I'm worried. I also share your impression, Stug, that something happened to X.

[ Monday, October 25, 2004 22:51: Message edited by: ef ]

--------------------
Polaris
Warrior
Member # 3870
Profile Homepage #8
Well, I guess that applied to asd too, didn't it? She returned in March, over a year after disappearing...

Edit to prevent excessive posting:

You did/do? What was it? I heard different rumors, so I'm not sure which is true...

[ Tuesday, October 26, 2004 00:20: Message edited by: I Am A Puppet Account ]

--------------------
"Toleration is not the opposite of intoleration, but is the counterfeit of it. Both are despotisms. The one assumes to itself the right of withholding liberty of conscience, and the other of granting it."
---Thomas Paine

Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #9
Well, we knew what happened to ASD.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 3870
Profile Homepage #10
You did/do? What was it? I heard different rumors, so I'm not sure which is true...

--------------------
"Toleration is not the opposite of intoleration, but is the counterfeit of it. Both are despotisms. The one assumes to itself the right of withholding liberty of conscience, and the other of granting it."
---Thomas Paine

Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #11
If you want to know, ask her. She's still around on AIM.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 1877
Profile #12
When did X dissapear by the way?

--------------------
33111-CRUSADER-4849
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #13
I'm not exactly sure. It's been several months, I think.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #14
Longer than that. I'm not sure I've seen him at all in 2004.

--------------------
Voice of Reasonable Morality
Warrior
Member # 3870
Profile Homepage #15
I'm not sure I've seen him since I came here in May 2003... though I might have, occasionally, in the first few months.

--------------------
---Thomas Paine

Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #16
He was certainly still an active poster when I showed up in October '03. He probably disappeared around last New Year's Day.

EDIT: Does someone have a link to the archives for General? They're very useful in answering questions like these.

[ Wednesday, October 27, 2004 04:16: Message edited by: A Cool Half Million ]

--------------------
Stughalf

Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #17
I've never seen him in the present since I got here, although I'd seen old posts by him. I arrived in Feb '04. Disappearing around New Year's seems right.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #18
I have a manually saved archive for General, before the second purge. Presumably, RC still has the first one. Since it's General, and before 2003, RC's stuff is what you want...

Actually, I've been wanting to get that part, make some sort of navigation system for both, find a host with large webspace offers and upload the whole thing. However, merely restructuring the links on these over 1000 pages would already take unreasonably long. I'm not on vacation right now. :P

[ Wednesday, October 27, 2004 13:09: Message edited by: Her prow was fashioned like a swan ]

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 4389
Profile Homepage #19
I liked X a great deal. Around New Year's... makes you wonder.

[ Wednesday, October 27, 2004 15:27: Message edited by: I love you for your inner beauty ]

--------------------
fame fame fatal fame
it can play hideous tricks on the brain
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #20
Maybe he resolved not to spend any more time with you freaks.

--------------------
The biggest, the baddest, and the fattest.
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #21
:) Good news from BSC: He was / still is just awfully busy, but will be back at the boards in a couple of weeks.

--------------------
^ö^ I was a cannibal for twenty-five years. For the rest I have been a vegetarian. George Bernard Shaw
Warrior
Member # 3870
Profile Homepage #22
Cool! :D In retrospect, there was nothing to worry about, but I'm still quite relieved. It looks like we haven't lost a good roleplayer, and those are hard to come by. ;)

--------------------
---Thomas Paine

Infiltrator
Member # 1877
Profile #23
Thats good news, he was not only a good roleplayer.

--------------------
33111-CRUSADER-4849