Freeware and Shareware Games

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Freeware and Shareware Games
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #0
I am interested in finding out about good shareware and freeware strategy games. Some of the best I have found are http://www.apezone.com -- Starships Unlimited, http://www.discordtimes.com, and of course Spiderweb games.

Most of the current games I am seeing in the stores are overly complex garbage with the exception of Civilization.

Anybody have any suggestions.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Warrior
Member # 4973
Profile #1
Your link doesn't work. There's a comma after the .com. Try www.discordtimes.com instead. And watch out for those pesky punctuation marks! :D

--------------------
There are three kinds of people in the world: those who think, those who think they think, and those who would rather die than think.
Posts: 104 | Registered: Thursday, September 16 2004 07:00
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #2
Freeware strategy games? I found one the other day called Battle For Wesnoth that seems decent. It's open source as well. It's still in development, although version 0.8.5, the one I've been using, seems quite stable.

[ Friday, October 22, 2004 03:14: Message edited by: A Cool Half Million ]

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #3
Battle for Wesnoth looks sorta Fantasy General-esque, which is neat.

--------------------
The biggest, the baddest, and the fattest.
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #4
Ambrosia Software

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.