New RP

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: New RP
Warrior
Member # 4654
Profile #0
Hey people.
What about a new RP. I just went through Valley of Thunder and loved it. So ... what about it?
-------------------------------------------------
What does 'OOC' and 'IC' mean? This is in RP lingo.

--------------------
life is too short to be taken seriously.hmm.but its also the longest thing a person can ever do!
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #1
/me enters the room, then immediatly turns around and walks out, crying.

--------------------
The critics agree!

Demonslayer is "a five star hit!" raves TIMES Weekly!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 1877
Profile #2
OOC is if you talk 'out of character', like saying that 'it was unlikelyyou could run up the waterfall, can you edit your post?'
IC is in character, like 'he ran up the waterfall'

It depends on the authors when a new RP comes out, and it may take a long time to figure out a good story, not just: "You need to kill the black mage! JOIN!!1!11oneone".

--------------------
33111-CRUSADER-4849
Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #3
OOC means "out of character". It's usually used to comment something in the IC. IC means "in character". It is the roleplay, basically.

Like this:

OOC: Wouldn't it be cool to have Urghnar Orc-killer faint in battle? Yeah!

IC: Urghnar grunted. The orcs were too many! He cried out for his comrades but they were kept quite busy by the onstorming orc-hoard. There was no help to be find! Suddenly he felt a searing pain in his shoulder. The pain was too much! He fell to the ground, unable to move his right arm. Urghanr could hear his fellows scream as the darkness overwhelmed him. A last thought flew through his mind - I knew I should have become a dentist - and then everything was gone.

OOC: Oh yeah! That was cool as hell!

--------------------
ahhahaha i rule u droool
Warrior
Member # 4654
Profile #4
Guys... all of you are beyond the point. I want a new role playing game avtually.

Thanks for the help though.

And could you vote for me?

--------------------
life is too short to be taken seriously.hmm.but its also the longest thing a person can ever do!
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #5
DO NOT MAKE ME COME OVER THERE...

A new RP will start when someone has an idea for one and the motivation to start it.
As for Valley of Thunder, we may try to pick it up again. No certainties, but there has been talk as to it.

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #6
Edit: Unnecessary. New RPs are tricky to plan, that's all.

[ Tuesday, August 17, 2004 16:25: Message edited by: Elfy ]

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Infiltrator
Member # 65
Profile Homepage #7
Hmmm...any clues on when this will be? Or even better, what it is about?

--------------------
"He's mine, go get your own human plaything!" Bernard Black (Black Books)

Also look at my sitehere
This is also a good site
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #8
Edit: Nothing to be discussed here.

[ Tuesday, August 17, 2004 16:22: Message edited by: Elfy ]

--------------------
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #9
quote:
Originally written by Aran:

Ah HENNNNT BUALGUALBUALGH UAUHUUALGL OH GOD POLARIS UALBULAUBLAGLGHLPFTH SPLURT ME UP LIKE AN OLD-FASHIONED DONUT!!L!! BULBOUS FAT WEATHER BALLOONS!!!!!11 SNUFFING OUT MY WORTHLESS ELFY LIFE
Fixed your typo.

Anyway. RPs are what I like to call aggregations of timber. They are bundles of sticks. And like all bundles of sticks, they should be burned.

I mean, seriously. You went through all this time archiving the boards. Mariann TOLD you that there's a dearth of board space. Yet you are planning on making a topic whose utility ranks roughly between "Connections" and "What did you just eat?"

Seriously.

--------------------
I've got a pyg in a poke.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #10
IMAGE(http://www.battle.net/war3/images/human/units/animations/rifleman.gif)

get gun.

[ Tuesday, August 17, 2004 08:12: Message edited by: Wisemanism: the Religion ]

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #11
quote:
Fixed your typo.
Ahem.

quote:
whose utility ranks roughly between "Connections" and "What did you just eat?"
This could be argued. While Connections and 'What did you just eat'-style topics are nothing but a petty way for members to fap over their post counts, a roleplay that is well-done improves the level of conversation on the board it is done in. In this particular case, we're talking about the difference between topics made by the 8-year-old SW-Fans so often mentioned, and worthwhile discussions and outbursts of creativity.

I believe there have been discussions about plot quality vs. combat in these games. The thing is that such things as plot attract people who like to read. Some people who read like to write as well. As long as the result is enjoyable to read, why should it be a waste of space? I can think of many other things that would be more so.

Oh, and by the way: What is it with 'Elfy'? I don't have a clue what you mean by this word, and how I deserve it.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 4389
Profile Homepage #12
I AM NOT AN 8 YEAR OLD! I CREATED WHAT DID YOU EAT! LEAVE ME ALONE! YOU HURT MY FEELINGS!

--------------------
fame fame fatal fame
it can play hideous tricks on the brain
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #13
The 8-year-old comment referred to 8-year-olds, not highly intelligent 13-year-olds. Obviously. :rolleyes:

[ Tuesday, August 17, 2004 09:05: Message edited by: Aran ]

--------------------
BANNED
Member # 4860
Profile Homepage #14
You didn't quite get it. Obviously. :rolleyes:

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #15
v_h_f: Advice: If you want to start an RP, write the first post yourself, not wait for somebody else to do it. And make it interesting.

*notices yet another thing*
*sigggghhhhh* Again.
TGM just started a new account. :rolleyes: I am seriously considering voting this new account a one-star, but I think I can refrain myself.
*siggggghhhh*

EDIT: Oh, and Aran: where did you get that new smiley? Off a different site?

[ Tuesday, August 17, 2004 16:11: Message edited by: ben* ]

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ