Blades of Avernum Center

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Blades of Avernum Center
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #0
Whos tried it...

The nice shiny Blades of Avernum Center Forum

Beleive it or not, this is actually a better Forum than Spidwebs, except that it has less users...

- Archimage Micael

[ Sunday, July 25, 2004 14:17: Message edited by: Archmagi Micael ]
This poll has been moved to another forum.

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Exile?" - Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Proof of Richard Black's existance:
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #1
Lemme guess: It's better because it's yours. :rolleyes:

--------------------
The biggest, the baddest, and the fattest.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #2
You're missing one: find it completely and totally unnecessary.

It's not a good sign when fully one quarter of your members can't even spell their own names. :P

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #3
Not to mention a user community consisting of slavering idiots and the ugliest goddamn theme I've ever seen. Light on dark is only good for FPS gamers and slobbery Goths.

And massive ads and, of course, a truly horrific mouse-trail effect.

[ Sunday, July 25, 2004 14:45: Message edited by: Andrea ]

--------------------
I've got a pyg in a poke.
Warrior
Member # 4278
Profile Homepage #4
We'll show you... *shakes fist*

:P

--------------------
Pathological Jerk
Jerking at Spiderweb since 1999
Infiltrator
Member # 4637
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by Andrea:

[QB] a user community consisting of slavering idiots QB]
Respect to be respected. You don't know me and have no right to insult. You're the one giving a bad image of yourself when doing so.

A friend's advice. :)

--------------------
Visit the Blades of Avernum Center
and the Beta Testing Center

--------------
"Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ." Colossians 2:6-9
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by Overwhelming:

quote:
Originally written by Andrea:

[QB] a user community consisting of slavering idiots QB]
Respect to be respected. You don't know me and have no right to insult. You're the one giving a bad image of yourself when doing so.

A friend's advice. :)

Sorry. I should have said:
a user community consisting of slavering idiots and a spluttery Latin onanist for an administrator.

--------------------
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #7
New BoA board administrator: Overwhelming

New BoA board moderator: Ripper

Are you enjoying your new status?

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Warrior
Member # 4278
Profile Homepage #8
^ *chuckle*

--------------------
Pathological Jerk
Jerking at Spiderweb since 1999
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #9
Well, having taken a look, my first instinct was that I actually might've found a third generic type of forum. My mistake. Merely a type 2 with some better graphics.

I don't dislike light on dark, the SR boards are like that and they're quite good. The mouse trail did look abit silly, but still.

Quite passable considering some of the fora I've seen.

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #10
fora = plural of forums? Makes sense, though I've never seen it in use.

I won't visit those boards. I tried once to be a member of every board I saw, but I ended up spending hours a day on nothing but posting and reading. Finally, I limited the number to three, and I don't post much on the third board now, alas. It looks like I'll have the number up to five in short time, and I know five more that I don't frequent nowadays.

In short, unless your board has something to offer besides 10-20 Spiderweb members who have enough time on their hands to join Yet Another Satellite Forum, I won't join.

If all members of your forum are also on another forum, and all topics of your forum are also on the same forum... how then can the two boards both continue to exist and remain alive?
And if one of these two boards is older, has more members, and has generally more traffic, more topics and more posts... how then can the other forum be successful versus the first one?

Ponder that. ;)

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #11
Yes fora is the plural, learnt that on on the Z2 forum.

I have the same problem with being a member of too many, also having had to limit it to four. Otherwise it just takes up too much time.

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio
Infiltrator
Member # 4637
Profile Homepage #12
Before deciding which forums to attend, why not try it a little bit? Who knows you'll end up deciding to visit this one more often (besides the official one, of course).

Give it some time, it's only starting, but I hope it will become one of the best, next to the spidweb's message boards.

Everything had to have a start. :)

(Btw, I must communicate that I'm pleased with the site's unique visitors (unique means real visitor count (once somebody visits the site, his later visits aren't counted). I think the site is showing already some promising results. Just give it some time.)

--------------------

--------------
"Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ." Colossians 2:6-9
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #13
Yes, I'll give it time, but not mine. :P Come back advertising when you have like 25 members or so, perhaps a statistic of 10 or more posts a day, and are a few months old.

It's certainly the policy I should follow if I made a board. There are enough people to invite privately, before you announce it to the public. A community grows like a crystal - from the inside out, not the outside in. You can't give us a shell (ie. empty board) and expect a crystal to form inside. You'll have to start with a seed. ;)

Wish you luck! :)

--------------------
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Infiltrator
Member # 4637
Profile Homepage #14
That would be a vicious circle: I don't go there because there's few now, there's few now so I don't go there. ;)

Anyway, surely I'll announce it again when it matures.

If you don't want to become a member right now, you can always visit the site itself. That I'm sure would be good spent time. :)

[ Monday, July 26, 2004 03:51: Message edited by: Overwhelming ]

--------------------

--------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #15
Would you call the egg-and-chicken dilemma a vicious circle? It all started *somewhere*... the most significant developments aren't heralded by a plug on the main forum - though it's certainly an important point in the history of the satellite forum. The greatest developments happen by word of mouth. Someone asks for a certain place, and someone else suggests they go to such-and-such a board. A third person joins, maybe a fourth... next thing you know someone links to it from a site or in a signature...
You really can get rolling with that. Trust me.

I'm not saying you shouldn't try. I'm just saying not to expect much for the first few months, and that you've chosen the moment to advertise on Spiderweb a little... early?

In the odd case you *do* get a lot of traffic in the first few months, it's a warning sign that it may not last. Anything going on at Chance nowadays?

Edit: Okay, I might have phrased that differently. Is there still as much going on at Chance as their was in the week after RC made the boards? I wouldn't think so. What does go on is without purpose. Over 22% of all posts are held by one member, and over 68% of all are in Posting Games. That leaves 1815 posts some of which actually might make a minimum of sense.

[ Monday, July 26, 2004 04:06: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #16
Every piece of crap board has it's initial flood of people who have nothing better to do than sign up for every forum in existance. And post in all of them for about two weeks, and then promptly forget it exists.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #17
That would explain it then. :)

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 22
Profile #18
quote:
PRENEZ-MOI DANS L'ANE, TU ETALON

[ Monday, July 26, 2004 09:05: Message edited by: Morgan ]
Infiltrator
Member # 4389
Profile Homepage #19
quote:
Originally written by Overwhelming:

You don't speak to Them like that, oh no. :P

[ Monday, July 26, 2004 09:21: Message edited by: Oh look ]

--------------------
fame fame fatal fame
it can play hideous tricks on the brain
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #20
"Take me in the Ass, you standard"?

I love Google. It provides creative translations.
Who is *Them*? Is it *us*? :D

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 4389
Profile Homepage #21
I was thinking more along the lines of Despers.

EDIT: But you didn't hear that from me, oh no, as desperance is a perfectly normal group of people who don't deserve their bad reputation. It's not desp's fault if you can't handle freedom of speech.

:P

[ Monday, July 26, 2004 10:54: Message edited by: Oh look ]

--------------------
fame fame fatal fame
BANNED
Member # 4623
Profile Homepage #22
Whoops, Rosy fails web page linking.

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #23
The second link requires a colon after the 'http' to be taken out. I think. And the choice is very lenient; that's actually the more sane kind of desp topic. :P

[ Monday, July 26, 2004 09:59: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 4389
Profile Homepage #24
But, but, but...

--------------------
fame fame fatal fame

Pages