Vlish & Illithid

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Vlish & Illithid
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #0
I've almost finished reading R.A. Salvatore's "Exile", the second book in his Dark Elf Trilogy.

I found it rather amusing that when I got to the part where the illithid keep mind-blasting the slaves and Zaknafein, I kept hearing vlish sound-effects from the Geneforge games. The book has "Fwoop!" but I keep hearing "Grrraaaht!" and "Arrnnnnannn!"

(Please excuse the poor phoenetic renderings.)

--------------------
The A.E. van Vogt Information Site
My Tribute to the Greatest Writer of the Science Fiction Golden Age
Infiltrator
Member # 4389
Profile Homepage #1
It all comes down to tentacles.

--------------------
fame fame fatal fame
it can play hideous tricks on the brain
Apprentice
Member # 1852
Profile #2
I dont know, if I remember right from Baldurs Gate, Illithids never had much in the way of tentacles.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
Actually, they're pretty big on tentacles, as TM can tell you. And, apparently, they're big on fashion, too. No simple clothes for Cthulhuesque octopus-heads!

IMAGE(http://abandonedrealms.wolfpaw.net/realms/races/images/illithid.jpg).

[Edit: Bad links make baby Alorael cry.]

—Alorael, who loves the vlishes 'cause they're so delicious. Much like brains to zombies and highly tentacular illithids.

[ Thursday, July 22, 2004 12:46: Message edited by: The Hypotenuse of the Square ]
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #4
Which is weird, right? Why would a land-living creature develop tentacles? You have to assume they are for grasping things with, maybe stuffing in food in the mouth. And why would any creature develop both arms and tentacles?

The huge brains of the Illithids would suggest they are a highly advanced race, so why do they still carry a bunch of tentacles in their face? Is there magic in them or what? Humans understood to get rid of useless tails a long time ago, hah!

--------------------
ahhahaha i rule u droool
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #5
And Illithid brain in a Mi-Go braincase.

Enjoy the mental image.

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #6
They use the tentacles for feeding, in order to properly grasp on to their prey's head for brain extraction.

The arms are used for normal manipulation.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #7
That's not all the tentacles are used for.

Eh, I'm biased- I made Echoes, after all.

--------------------
私のバラドですそしてころしたいいらればころす
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 65
Profile Homepage #8
Lately I have had a perverse theory about the relationship between shaper and creations and shaper to shaper.
It centers around occurance of regularly finding shackles and whips in private rooms eg bedrooms. Coupled with tentacled vlish and other creation types, I believe shapers generally have a...um healthy lovelife.
I also think this is why Shanti was cranky, she wasn't getting any.

Yeah...I going to try to stop digging myself into a bigger hole right now.

--------------------
"He's mine, go get your own human plaything!" Bernard Black (Black Books)

Also look at my sitehere
This is also a good site