Minor question...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Minor question...
Apprentice
Member # 2373
Profile #0
I registered my Exile III game about a year or so ago, then my computer crashed a while back and I lost everything on it, including the game. I finally managed to get an internet connection, but now I'm wondering...will I have to register and pay again?

[ Tuesday, June 15, 2004 20:52: Message edited by: Blachloch ]
Infiltrator
Member # 1877
Profile #1
Just send an e-mail to Jeff and explain it, send your registration info too. It SHOULD work...

--------------------
For Ancelot
the ancient cross of war
for the holy town of gods
Gloria, gloria perpetua
in this dawn of victory

The one and only StD!

33111-CRUSADER-4849
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #2
Email Jeff with the name and address you first registered under. He'll a code to you expediently.

--------------------
AnamaFreak (3:59:56 AM): Shounen-ai to the MAX
...there really is nothing that can compare to hot gay sex with a mythological icon.
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #3
That happened to me once. Al I had to do was tell Jeff that I regestered and it crashed and he gave me a new code. Unfortunantly for me it crashed again and I haven't got the nerve to ask for a new code.

So now I play Geneforge. (Which I personally think is better)

--------------------
Espresso hasn't been invented yet. That stinks.

Xian Skull-
Avernum 3
Infiltrator
Member # 154
Profile #4
I believe simply backing up the appropriate .dat files of the games is sufficient to keep your code.

I never figured out why Jeff uses the regcode system he uses now though. I'd have thought a regcode-generated-on-name system would be better.

e.g.
Registration Name: Somebody Nowhere
Valid Registration Code based on Algorithm from Name: DFI-34821

etc.
It would put less work on Jeff, at least. IMAGE(tongue00.gif)

[ Wednesday, June 16, 2004 06:42: Message edited by: Grey-Eyed Stranger ]

--------------------
Blades of Avernum Script Archive - Submit your script now!
Agent
Member # 1104
Profile Homepage #5
...and less work on the piraters as well, when they could just use one already premade Username/Password as opposed to a more secure random code with it's own calculated password.

ềζΪ¯- username spelled wrongly

[ Wednesday, June 16, 2004 07:06: Message edited by: RC ]

--------------------
Chance Forums
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #6
Jeff's probably too nice with the new passwords anyway. I'm sure you could get a freebie from him with some fast talk and good luck. On the other hand, being able to get new copies of E3 three times in two months while my hard drive had epilepsy was very nice.

?Alorael, who actually thinks he could just as easily say that Jeff got him to pay for more shareware by proving that it's a long-term investment, not just a one computer deal.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00