Should we have a chat room?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Should we have a chat room?
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #25
Listen to me, you translucently retarded pissant: no one is interested in your backwards, nonsensical position on IMing services. If you want to be a neo-luddite, you can do it on your own damn time, and stop harassing the rest of us over it.

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Warrior
Member # 3897
Profile Homepage #26
Did you even look at my last post? I don't want any up-themselves f*ckfaced knob sucking cockmasters making irrelevant posts. I've seen the chat-room, and at any rate I think it's might even be better than some of the other things. It's probably better than you are as a person. But if you don't think so you can go back to them and leave me alone.

[ Monday, March 01, 2004 07:19: Message edited by: You know who this is ]

--------------------
The most pointless site in the world!

Why did the chicken cross the road?

George Bush's answer:
We don't really care why the chicken crossed the road. We just want to know if the chicken is on our side of the road or not. The chicken is either with us or it is against us. There is no middle ground here.
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #27
quote:
Originally written by You know who this is:

Did you even look at my last post? I don't want any ****faced knob sucking cockmasters making irrelevant posts. I've seen the chat-room, and at any rate I think it's might even be better than some of the other things. But if you don't think so you can go back to them and leave me alone.
IMAGE(Should we have a chat room (2)_files/445072.JPG)
TRAPPED IN STALL #37, PLEASE SEND HELP/CALL ENCLAVE

[ Monday, March 01, 2004 07:19: Message edited by: Butterscotch Custer ]

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Warrior
Member # 3897
Profile Homepage #28
What the hell is this? You either do want the chat-room, or you don't, but there's no reason for you and all your friends to make sarcastic "I think I'm so brilliant" comments. You wouldn't want them, and I don't want them. So just take a vote and go.

--------------------

George Bush's answer:
We don't really care why the chicken crossed the road. We just want to know if the chicken is on our side of the road or not. The chicken is either with us or it is against us. There is no middle ground here.
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #29
IMAGE(Should we have a chat room (2)_files/frank.gif)

[ Monday, March 01, 2004 07:25: Message edited by: Butterscotch Custer ]

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #30
quote:
Originally written by You know who this is:

Did you even look at my last post? I don't want any up-themselves f*ckfaced knob sucking cockmasters making irrelevant posts. I've seen the chat-room, and at any rate I think it's might even be better than some of the other things. It's probably better than you are as a person. But if you don't think so you can go back to them and leave me alone.
Profanity, masked and open. I believe this calls for a warning.

And YKWTI, none of our comments have been in the least bit irrelevant or uncalled for. You come up with some half-baked scheme regarding a chat room, we tell you that we're all fine with the way things are, then you retort with profanity, flaming, entirely irrational talk, and vague accusations. Get a hold on yourself, chap, before it's far too late for you.

--------------------
"Let a man find himself, in distinction from others, on top of two wheels with a chain- at least in a poor country like Russia- and his vanity begins to swell out like his tires. In America it takes an automobile to produce this effect."- Leon Trotsky
Warrior
Member # 3897
Profile Homepage #31
You didn't just tell me that things were fine. I was called a retarded pissant by butterscotch.

What everyone seems to do here is insult people, but when they retaliate they go acting all innocent and claiming that their comments were unoffensive. I'm not believing any of it. I know what that message said.

And I don't care if I get banned.

I just thought it might be a good idea to have a chat room, if anyone doesn't agree then there's nothing for them to say.

[ Monday, March 01, 2004 07:34: Message edited by: You know who this is ]

--------------------

George Bush's answer:
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #32
There's plenty for me to say.
CASE IN POINT UAGFHSHUAHSGHSHGHGSHUGAHGHSGHSHGHAHGHGHAHGAHGAHGAHGHAGHAGHSGHJSGHAGHAHGHGGHH

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Warrior
Member # 3897
Profile Homepage #33
Now this is just spam

--------------------

George Bush's answer:
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #34
It certainly is, if you're referring to your own post.

Oh, and go boil your face in some mulligatawny soup, won't you?

[ Monday, March 01, 2004 07:36: Message edited by: iDavid ]

--------------------
"Let a man find himself, in distinction from others, on top of two wheels with a chain- at least in a poor country like Russia- and his vanity begins to swell out like his tires. In America it takes an automobile to produce this effect."- Leon Trotsky
Warrior
Member # 3897
Profile Homepage #35
I'm referring to butterscotch. None of his comments have made sense

--------------------

George Bush's answer:
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #36
They seem to make perfect sense to me. On the other hand, every single word you have ever thrown out on Spidweb has either sent me into a wave of hysterical laughter, or a mood of scornful hatred.

[ Monday, March 01, 2004 07:41: Message edited by: iDavid ]

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #37
Stughalf: Please change your name. It really confuses me to see Dave apparently agreeing with Alec. Oh, and there are nicer ways of getting your point across. Someone being generally silly and someone being wrong are two completely separate things, and claiming otherwise will win you no arguments.

Alec: Must you?

Ykwti: May I suggest that you set up your chatroom now, and see how it fares, rather than getting involved in an argument about whether it would work or not?

Oh, and even on dialup AIM or Trillian (or some Mac equivalent) is a very small download, and both run pretty fast. Try it before you bash it.

-E-

[ Monday, March 01, 2004 07:59: Message edited by: Omlette ]

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #38
All right, I'll change it. You just gave me enough fun to last me quite a while there, though.

EDIT: And SD, it might be about time now to relinquish your poorly-spelled rendition of my earlier moniker.

[ Monday, March 01, 2004 08:29: Message edited by: Spongiform Stug ]

--------------------
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #39
There will not be an official chatroom, that much is certain. You are of course free to set up your own chatroom but given that there are already free internet messengers which are small downloads and your objection to them is based solely on what appears to be ignorant prejudice, I'm struggling to see how we can class Alec's description of you as a 'retarded pissant' as factually incorrect.

We've been hanging around these boards for ages being a collective pain in the arse. Given that the poll has shown most aren't interested and the reasons have been given, I'd suggest there's no burning need for the discussion to remain tightly focused anymore. So a little calm on your part wouldn't go amiss.

Therefore, to celebrate free speech and diversity on this thread, here's a picture of Emperor Franz Josef I
IMAGE(Should we have a chat room (2)_files/franz.jpg)

--------------------
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
I'll tell you my story, man
Though I wish I'd never been born
I'm loose at the seams,
I've broken my dreams
And my hand it shakes the pen
Come on, come on now baby,
Let the good times roll again
Warrior
Member # 3897
Profile Homepage #40
*sigh*

I give up. I'm a very busy man, so just throw insults at yourself for me.

But I think that just setting up the chatroom anyway is a good idea. You never know until you try after all. I'll make another post when I've set it up.

--------------------

George Bush's answer:
Warrior
Member # 3897
Profile Homepage #41
I've set it up! The room is here

www.freewebs.com/ninsham is just the name of the site I use to support files for my one . Have a look if you want, but needless to say you'll just mock me about it, like you'll probably mock the chatroom.

--------------------

George Bush's answer:
Infiltrator
Member # 3220
Profile #42
I'll at least have a look. No harm, I'm sure.

--------------------
But I have never known or heard of anyone in real life who has said, "Yes! My goal in life is to be a brainless follower of obnoxious people!"
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #43
Acceptable but useless, in the end.
Infiltrator
Member # 154
Profile #44
I've set up a better one..

IRC Knowledgable People, Connection Information
Host: irc.eu-irc.net:6667/default #spidweb

How do I chat?
Get a client.
Try... XChat (free), MIRC (30-day), HydraIRC (free)

I have to download this horrible client to chat? That sucks!
No, it doesn't. By downloading a client, you;
Get something that is faster and more reliable than a web-based clientGet more features than a web based client could ever provideGet access to a chatroom system with a huge number of access controls, options, preferences, flags, settings, and more, allowing you to customise your chatroom to the last drop.Fine, how do I connect?
First, get and install a client from the above list.
Then start the client up. There should be a window visible that has two panes. The upper is the larger, which consists of whatever people are saying, and the lower consists of a textbox in which you type what YOU want to say.

Focus on this window (it's probably 'inside' another window). If you're using any decent IRC client, it'll focus on the text box automatically. Type in the following into that box and press enter:

/server irc.eu-irc.net

It should start loading and connecting to the server, which shouldn't take more than 15 seconds.

If it doesn't, you need to look for a 'connect to server' option in your client, select it, and enter as the host "irc.eu-irc.net". (You don't need to worry about any 'port' settings, just don't change that.)

Now you've got connected, you need to instruct IRC to join the 'spidweb' channel. Do this by typing in the window:

/join #spidweb

You should join the spiderweb channel and you can now chat. (to chat, just type whatever you want to say and press enter. what others are saying appears above the place where your typing appears).

More info: IRC Information

--------------------
CMS for PHP/MySQL Supporting Webservers
The Automated Ad-Free Horizontal-Scrollbar-Proof Blades of Avernum Script Archive
Warrior
Member # 3694
Profile #45
No. Mainly 'cause we already have this... Plus, if I haven't joined in the Traveller chat, what makes ye think I'd join one from here? (There are people I actually almost like here, but not enough for me t' join a chat...)

EDIT: And if you're wondering why I joined, well, I like Spiderweb's products enough to make it worthwhile.

[ Monday, March 01, 2004 12:54: Message edited by: Jame ]

--------------------
And that was exactly the point of itself.
Takes advantage of the easily offended.
Shock Trooper
Member # 2300
Profile #46
EDIT: Sorry, late post. Ignore this <pulls down shutters>

[ Monday, March 01, 2004 13:27: Message edited by: Daedalus ]

--------------------
Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." - Soviet infantry manual, 1930's
Posts: 267 | Registered: Wednesday, November 27 2002 08:00
Warrior
Member # 3694
Profile #47
Daedalus, are you talking to me, or someone else? IMAGE(Should we have a chat room (2)_files/confused.gif)

--------------------
And that was exactly the point of itself.
Takes advantage of the easily offended.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #48
#exilechat and #desperance are more useful anyways.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Vahnatai Did Do It
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
The Arena - God Will Sort The Dead
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #49
Now that this topic has reached the dubious pinnacle of having chatrooms posted, it's time for it to die before it can reach the long spiral into true awfulness. If you have any important questions regarding chatrooms or IRC, I recommend private messages.

—Alorael, who considers this both preemptive and slightly late topic locking. Direct all complaints to him via PM as well.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00

Pages