crazy creature names

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: crazy creature names
Warrior
Member # 3117
Profile #0
ohhh i was just wondering who came up with all the random creature names in sw games, like "vlish" and "slithzerikai"... it's very creative, or are these actual names taken from some kinda old mythology? anyways, if u could create a name for one of the creatures in a game what would its name be and what kind of attributes would ur monster/creature thing have??

--------------------
If your buddy is trying to hook up with a girl, you may sabotage him only in a manner that gives you no chances of getting any either.
-The Code

Pahk ya cah in hahvad yahd?? What ah ya? retahded?!

Can't figure out the other sex? Check out ladder theory!
[URL=http://www.laddertheory.com[/URL]
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
Slithzerikai and vahnatai are, to the best of my knowledge, words straight out of Jeff's imagination. The word 'nephilim' comes from the Bible, but the Exile/Avernum kitty nephilim are so different that I think the shared term was either a subconscious word recall or a coincidence.

—Alorael, who can't think of any other interesting names from Spiderweb games other than the endless ranks of creations from Geneforge. Most of them are either fabricated names or names with clear etymology.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 3932
Profile #2
Also, Nephilim is in oh... whats's it called... oh! Xenosaga! It's the "Song of the Nephilim", a ship. it makes the badguys go nuts.

--------------------
Clowns are baby eating murderers.

My science teacher says so.
Lifecrafter
Member # 1768
Profile #3
You know, Jeff could have been trying to convey a sense of what the Nephilim are really like, for those who know what the Nephilim of the Bible were.

Perhaps it's referring to the demon-worship seen in Exile. And we don't know if the Nephilim are self-named or cruelly named by the Empire.

--------------------
I want my Desert Plah back, (Drakey, check your PM's.)

"Oh, North Wind, why frighten others?
In Nature's family all are brothers.
Puff and blow and wheeze and hiss;
You can't frighten Shingebiss.
Bring your frost and ice and snow;
I'm still free to come and go.
You can never frighten me,
One who never fears is FREE!"
-Shingebiss, the mighty duck
Shock Trooper
Member # 3862
Profile #4
I would make a creation called a chaosfox and it would go up and claw people with flame claws and stun them and acid them it would have a lot of hp and like 20 AP and it would be really really cool and it would be the best creation in the game/world........

I bet you would've never guessed that one huh.

[ Wednesday, February 11, 2004 18:28: Message edited by: chaosfox ]

--------------------
Legends tell that Avernum,
Is a gateway to the underworld,
from which the dead never return,
Well thats a lie because im here now aren't I.
--------------------------------
"Never get into a fight with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #5
Weight: ~4 lbs

Length: ~22 inches (48 cm), including tail

Description: Bloodthirsty, yet highly intelligent. Blessed with a barbed penis, a lithe, muscular frame, and a powerful sense of smell. In possession of a strident sort of boldness, quite striking in a creature of such diminutive proportions.

Scientific name: Mustela putorius furo

Common name: ATTACK FERRET

[ Wednesday, February 11, 2004 19:25: Message edited by: A Stughalfian Principle ]

--------------------
"Let a man find himself, in distinction from others, on top of two wheels with a chain- at least in a poor country like Russia- and his vanity begins to swell out like his tires. In America it takes an automobile to produce this effect."- Leon Trotsky
Warrior
Member # 3117
Profile #6
I'd probably create a type of creature that was small and yellow and had some kinda lightening attack which it would use when threatened. It would be on the short side w/ unusually short arms and unproportionally large black eyes. the owner of this creature would be able to store it in some kinda small round container.

I'd call it Bikachu. yes that sounds good.

oh yes, and when it died it would turn into a large pile of gold.

--------------------
If your buddy is trying to hook up with a girl, you may sabotage him only in a manner that gives you no chances of getting any either.
-The Code

Pahk ya cah in hahvad yahd?? What ah ya? retahded?!

Can't figure out the other sex? Check out ladder theory!
[URL=http://www.laddertheory.com[/URL]
Infiltrator
Member # 3776
Profile Homepage #7
Looks like you are going to copy pikachu from the pokemon Animees.

--------------------
Some stupid laws

If it is mine,it is mine.
If I had it a second ago,it is mine
If it looks like it is mine it is mine.
If it is your's and you keep it down,it becomes mine.
If I like something,it is mine
If I see something,then it is mine.

Please click here
Do not visit this Page

Want to visit the misc.boards-This is the only WAY

-Stinging Munster
Apprentice
Member # 3925
Profile #8
I would make my creature... BARRETT THE WOLF!!!
Name: Barrett Blackthorne
Genus: Canis
Stuffs and Attacks: Barrett .50BMG, dual MK23 Socom Pistols, .45LC Revolver, twin fighters knives tanto style, punch, bite, yiff, and sodomize.

*Yiff and Sodomize only effective on females*

--------------------
I don't want your sympathy, I want a future. ~Barrett Blackthorne~
Shock Trooper
Member # 3862
Profile #9
I say Barret thats a very very good suggestion of a creation but the sodomize part may be going a bit too, far cause that is morally incorrect. lol

--------------------
Legends tell that Avernum,
Is a gateway to the underworld,
from which the dead never return,
Well thats a lie because im here now aren't I.
--------------------------------
"Never get into a fight with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #10
I'd create an utterly useless but extremely cool Spam monster, made from junk mail and not the meat.

It'd strut (10-30HP/Level), Comb back it's hair (Restore 10Hp per level) and moonwalk (confuses enemies.) Wow, that might actually work!

Oh and if you hadn't already guessed, I plan to rule the world with spam, kudos and perhaps KaZaA. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!

--------------------
Thus endeth this post.

Please visit Random Stupidity to see the amazing Spamness, or the wonderful-seven-posts-in-a-row-topic. And have fun!
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #11
quote:
Originally written by BarrettBlackthorne:

I would make my creature... BARRETT THE WOLF!!!
Name: Barrett Blackthorne
Genus: Canis
Stuffs and Attacks: Barrett .50BMG, dual MK23 Socom Pistols, .45LC Revolver, twin fighters knives tanto style, punch, bite, yiff, and sodomize.

*Yiff and Sodomize only effective on females*

LIAR

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Apprentice
Member # 3428
Profile Homepage #12
Karotanta: Felinoid, much like a leopard, but with a striped pattern, bipedal, tribal civilization, strong emotional ties between individuals. Passive-Aggressive (they don't strike first, only in defense), living in natural shelters, or reverant constructions (caves, wooden lodges, caves) rather than structures which would violate the spirits of the area they reside within. Weapons and armor of the middle bronze period veriaty, and strong innate empathic abilities, coupled with very weak psychic abilities. [communistic]

Kobatien: Canids, society in the vein of the celts, living in stone buildins and using weapons of the late bronze, or early iron age. warlike, but generally honorable and considerate. no empathic or telepathic abilities, although they do have spiritual leaders skilled in occult practices. [pack mentality]

Sscharah: Reptilians, brutal and warlike; despite their brutal nature, they are not stupid. They are ancestor worshipers, as well as strong tacticians and soldiers. [war-tribe]

Raseriate: Creatures resembling a cross of rodent and mustilide, they are small, fast, and unsually cunning, they can form minor bands for defense and sometimes expansion, for the most part the stick to persuits such as trade or diplomacy. [republican]

Laparas: Lagomorphic, the are primarily a desert faring people. Their society is at its root a wandering association of hunter tribes. Originally separate, the tribes banded together in an effort to defend themselves from those that would harm them, as well as increase the efficiency of the hunt. They are generally, hunters and scouts. [Tribal]

Averas: Avians, they are a loft people, puns aside, they live high in the mountains, working in communes in order to increase the intellectual productivity. They devote the vast bulk of their time to persuits like alchemy and astronomy, and racial mysticism. Though generally peacefull, they make fast, precise warriors, despite their frailty. [Oligarcy]

--------------------
HIHI!!!! *hugs indescriminantly* take that, FEEL THE LOVE!!!!
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #13
IMAGE(crazy creature names_files/denigrator.png)

YOU ARE A SAGLING DENIGRATOR

[ Sunday, February 15, 2004 08:27: Message edited by: I'm A Whore ]
Lifecrafter
Member # 233
Profile #14
I would create "The Telemarketer" This monster wouldn't attack exactly, but would make annoying calls to your cell phones as the enemy rushed at you drawing their weapons in an attempt to slay you. This would provide an exelent distraction, and your heads would hit the ground before you could even tell them that you don't want a new calling plan.

--------------------
I'm just too selfish to be Zen. I mean, once you lose yourself and reach total enlightenment you don't care what the answer was in the first place. Ultimately a few good friends and a bag of Doritos is a better investment.

There is no such thing as an over-active imagination.

Hmm... These games are addictive and quite possibly dangerous. I fear the FDA will start regulating RPGs.