I'm Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: I'm Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shock Trooper
Member # 3190
Profile #0
I'm Back!!!!!!!!!!!!,

Whats new down here in Spiderweb.

--------------------
"Omnipresent, but always late"
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #1
Well, I don't remember when you left, so I'm not to waste my time by typing you things you already know.

Also, hayo, welcome back!

--------------------
- The Great Mister
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #2
That would sort of depend on when exactly you left... I remember that you were still here in August or so.

On a general scale, nothing much. On a smaller scale, everything. Some new members, some new spam... a few minor flamewars but nothing severe... several RPs have started and ended since then, a new one (An RP in Avernum) is currently going on, and it's better than any that have been there in all 2003 imho; so even if you don't normally care for roleplays you might want to take a look at it. Also it's concerned with a historical period in the world of Ermarian, so it might be interesting.

Which reminds me: If you remember that project we had going on for some while before you left, it's basically stagnated though I'm updating and improving the website currently.

In the games forums, nothing much has happened apart from a few discussions about designing and some questions about game problems.

Oh, and there was a contest in the Galactic Core forum, but it's over now.

Welcome Back! :)

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #3
you exist?

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Agent
Member # 1104
Profile Homepage #4
Obviously, since he is here.

--------------------
73|-| 1|\|\/1|\|<1|3|_3 |30063y|\/|4|\|

AHEM: Chance Forums!

-Reality Corp.
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #5
Well, I was wondering the same thing...

Welcome back.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3801
Profile Homepage #6
It makes me wonder....exactly where do those people go when they 'disappear'?? Are they on vacation or something?

--------------------
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Take a chance at the Chance Forums!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #7
We may never know... Some of them never return either. Like ASD for example.

Are they in some sort of 'limbo', I wonder? :P

--------------------
---
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #8
they forget about these forums. then they see an old bookmark. then they check it out and find that they actually have an account with posts. then they post 'OMG WTF I'M BACK WTF LOLZ!!!111!!!111EXCLAMATIONMARK111!!11ONE!!' and then said person realizes that nobody remembers who the hell they are.

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #9
Except if the person happens to be Shotts.

--------------------
- The Great Mister
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #10
I know who Zharrad is. Or was. And that counts for a lot.

And we also know where ASD is. And it's not a happy place.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Vahnatai Did Do It
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
The Arena - God Will Sort The Dead
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #11
And we also know that Scorpius' best idea was that there should be two threads for those who felt the need to say when they were leaving or returning and that belittling those posting such threads should not be against the CoC.

Drakey, you're the admin of this board. I'd expect you to know he exists. I'd expect Arancaytar to know as she frequents the RP topics and Zharrad appears to be one of the group of posters who form a significant reason that I don't read half the threads here. I'd expect Wise Man to fail at trying to establish moral superiority, although his second post's fairly accurate (except they never realise.)

But 12 exclamation marks are unnecessary. Particularly in this context. But instead of wasting bandwidth and precious time in our lives making us read this and typing replies, you could just read the topics on the other pages. If you want to waste bandwidth, it's rather more stylish to do it by posting 1600x1200 bitmaps.

--------------------
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
I'll tell you my story, man
Though I wish I'd never been born
I'm loose at the seams,
I've broken my dreams
And my hand it shakes the pen
Come on, come on now baby,
Let the good times roll again
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #12
I think you're mistaken several times in that second paragraph, BtI. There's gender confusion, first of all. Secondly, I know Zharrad from the Blades of Avernum board and not the RPs, and aside from this post, Zharrad has not shown to be a TGM.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Vahnatai Did Do It
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
The Arena - God Will Sort The Dead
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 2494
Profile Homepage #13
Xeon, buddy, u must not be too wise guy(guy being slang). (You are) making comments about how people are noone.... Maybe (you are) not here when they are, and (you are) the one who finds the old bookmark after months.

Editted for Custer

[ Saturday, January 17, 2004 20:31: Message edited by: Yapiro Man ]

--------------------
In a world of darkness, light is everywhere. You just have to look.
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #14
The individual words make sense, but the way in which they are ordered does not.

Lemme try:

Rooster I gated Ocean Sea to card a Quebec duck's to chair chairs Elvis demarcates the an Updike chart.

This is fun!

[ Saturday, January 17, 2004 16:51: Message edited by: General Secretary Custer ]

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #15
You're also to be proved wrong at least once, Drakey.

I don't post many huge images in many threads. Blame your oldbie-friends for that.

--------------------
- The Great Mister
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #16
quote:
I'd expect Arancaytar to know as she frequents the RP topics
:mad:

I am most certainly not a she. :P

Also, Zharrad has never posted in any RP I know of, at spidweb or anywhere else.

--------------------
---
---
Shock Trooper
Member # 3190
Profile #17
I'm surprised you remeber me Arancayatar and you Drakefyre, the time I left was around september some things came up etc, and I've never been part of any RPG. the general order is this,

Around september-october, I gained a new love of Empire Earth, and gradually drew away from spiderweb.
About a month later on Empire Earth I learnt of a free forum place called Proboards and hung there,
I spent my time between playing Empire Earth, and frequenting the many Proboards forums especially SSD and showing off my skill with image programs.
The Empire Earth Disc then broke.
Then in december things moved fast, I completly learnt Html, and CSS and am learning Java and Php, now (I'm a pretty good website maker), and then I got Photoshop (finally, :) , Arancayatar), and I'm pretty skilled with that,
Over the last few weeks I've been playing spacefed, and making cool bg's and putting together my website.
And then I decided to see how things had changed at Spiderweb, so after navigating through my email found my pass and joined, expecting to see nobody I knew, and it looks like things are the same and people are still around.

Thats the gist of the events in a very condensed form, not including brief exploits on Galaxies, Runescape, Rise of Nations and some other stuff I cant remeber.

Also Arancaytar if you want to talk, my MSN name is Zharrad@Yahoo.co.uk

[ Monday, January 19, 2004 12:44: Message edited by: Zharrad ]

--------------------
"Omnipresent, but always late"
Agent
Member # 798
Profile Homepage #18
Well last time I was MIA from Spiderweb it was due to the fact that I said something that affended people. I forgot what it was though. Then I wanted to comeback because I forgot that I said something that offended people Drama started. So it's probably like that with alot of people.

--------------------
Look Ma, I'm banned!
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #19
quote:
Originally written by Yapiro Man:

Xeon, buddy, u must not be too wise guy(guy being slang). (You are) making comments about how people are noone.... Maybe (you are) not here when they are, and (you are) the one who finds the old bookmark after months.
1. my name is not Xeon. it's Wise Man. W-I-S-E <SPACE> M-A-N. 'Xeon' is one of my name prefixes. anyone who has been here actively will notice that i change said prefix once in a while. obviously you are the one who checks out old bookmarks and does not realize that the man you try to insult does not go by the name 'Xeon'.

2. i was here for a short period of time during the ikonboard days (though i was a deliquent, i admit). i rejoined on April 2002, and have 2000 posts. it's kinda physically impossible for me to make that many posts, then disappear for almost 2 years, then come back to say 'you exist'? anyone with eyes and time on these boards will notice that i have always been at least marginally active within the community.

3. i maintain my bookmarks, thank you very much.

4. just because English isn't my first language, it doesn't mean i don't understand slang.

and Zharrad, i obviously acknowledge your existence. :P

--------------------
--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #20
Another thing which hasn't changed, Zharrad... I still haven't got MSN, and all attempts to install it on my machine have failed totally.

--------------------
---
---
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #21
And this thread breaks into chaos....

Hey distant, I'm going to go find a image and paste it

here: IMAGE(http://www.gamedemo.com/games/strategy/7th_legion/screen01a.jpg)

Heh :P

[ Saturday, January 24, 2004 08:51: Message edited by: Firedrake the Silent ]

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #22
Wait, Zharrad, you left in September? When did you join? I think I left in September too... but I don't remember you...

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Agent
Member # 798
Profile Homepage #23
I left in September too. For Drama.

--------------------
Look Ma, I'm banned!