Exile on PALM??

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Exile on PALM??
Shock Trooper
Member # 1902
Profile Homepage #0
Howdy, as all of my fellow spiderweb gamers know, we have grown to enjoy games like Exile,Avernum, and Geneforge, and many others...well i ask you for your opinion, knowledge, and answer to this question: what if Spiderweb made games like Exile1,2,3, and most of all BoE. I know it might be immpossibel tomake the Avernum series for PALM cause of the major data usage from the game is a bit large, but suggestions here are nice too. One last thing, i've read older post about this subject, and would rather have newer post than some old ones, mainly to the fact of so many new people posting, thanks for your consideration and response.
IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Exile on PALM_files/smile.gif)

--------------------
--Axerax the Dragon Tamer--
Shaper
Member # 22
Profile #1
There are topics, like this one, which are made by people, like you, every couple of weeks about the same thing. Another favourite is to suggest that Exile be converted to Playstation.

It's never, ever, going to happen. Spiderweb does not have the resources, nor the ear of companies who do. It's my opinion that a Palm Top version of Exile/Avernum would be extremely lame, boring and pretty impossible to put into use.

--------------------
KazeArctica: "Imagine...wangs everywhere...and tentacles. Nothing but wangs and tentacles! And no pants!"
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #2
Seconded. Although I think some of the latest palms actually run a vaguely fake version of Windows, so it might be possible to just install Exile normally...I'm not sure though, these kind of things are so out of my buying power that I don't stay up to date on the details...

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #3
I agree with Morgan. Such a concept will never be little more than an idea that a couple of fans have floating around in their foolish little minds.
Shock Trooper
Member # 1902
Profile Homepage #4
Hehe thanks guys, thought this would be the answer thrown out but its nice to know what others think, and yes i like to bring back dead topics IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Exile on PALM_files/eek.gif) lol.

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #5
It would appear that we have a lot of Topicmancers on this site.

Maybe using made up words isn't a good idea
Warrior
Member # 246
Profile #6
You know... I saw a Palm last week that was just as powerful as my computer (400mhz and 64mb ram).

You know what is really sad though... it's actually somewhat cheap. It's the same price as the cheapest Dell computer. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Exile on PALM_files/frown.gif)

I say we find somebody who has one and get them to try it.

[ Thursday, October 09, 2003 21:40: Message edited by: Frobozz ]
Master Jeweller
Member # 409
Profile Homepage #7
There's a simple answer to all this. Linux runs on just about any machine (and
yes, it does run on a playstation). I'm not sure if there's a Mac emulator for
Linux, but there is a windows emulator (wine). And the spidweb games run under
wine. So there.
IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Exile on PALM_files/smile.gif)

--------------------
Freude, schöner Götterfunken, Tochter aus Elysium,
Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heilighthum!
Deine Zauber binden wieder, was die Mode streng getheilt,
Alle Menschen werden Brüder, wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Pieter Simoons aka Radiant

Official Crystal Shard and SubTerra webpage
Shock Trooper
Member # 1902
Profile Homepage #8
Cooooool! IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Exile on PALM_files/tongue.gif)

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #9
There are no mac emulators for any PC. Or at least that's how it's been for years and years and centuries.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #10
There are some, they just emulate very old Macs. They should be good enough for the Exile series, though.

--------------------
I believe there are 15 747 724 136 275 002 577 105 653 961 181 555 468 044 717 914 527 116 709 366 231 425 076 185 631 031 296 protons in the universe, and the same number of electrons. -- Sir Arthur Eddington
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #11
Would WINE really work on a Playstation? After all, Wine Is Not an Emulator (allegedly). If I have my facts straight (which I may not) you still need to have an x86 chip and Windows libraries.

--------------------
Grammar wenches beware:
This is the house that the malt that the rat that the cat that the dog that the cow that the maiden that the man that the priest that the cock that the farmer kept waked married kissed milked tossed worried killed ate lay in.

My Website
desperance.net - Leave your sanity at the door